Sliproads

wykikitoon

Why is it people have a problem with sliproads?

Its not th joining from the sliproad, its the fags who are on the main road who wont move over to allow the people joining some room!!!

Fair enough if you have activity to the outside of you and you cant move, but if its free, like it was for me tonight and some ponce wouldnt move it really boils my piss!

FAGS!!

Agree Wykiki. Careless, thoughtless, selfish tosspots trundling along in a world of their own completely oblivious to whats going on on the road about them.

They're up there with middle-lane hogs and my particular favorites, people who can't indicate properly at roundabouts. :blink:

Agree Wykiki. Careless, thoughtless, selfish tosspots trundling along in a world of their own completely oblivious to whats going on on the road about them.

They're up there with middle-lane hogs and my particular favorites, people who can't indicate properly at roundabouts. :blink:

16051[/snapback]

Here Here

I cant do with fags who think they dont have ot indicate!!!

Its not the giving way. The driver on the major road in theory (hence you can fail your test on it) is changing the driving style (making them brake) of the driver on the slip road. So he should really (if poss) pull out (ooo errr) and let the driver on the slip raod pull into (ooo err) the major road

Also technically these slip roads are called (Joining Major) Acceleration Lane and (Exiting Major) De-acceleration lane.

:blink:

er....its only on the continent that you have to give way to sliproad traffic

innit ? :blink:

16070[/snapback]

I thought it was only in LA that common courtesy had to be legislated?

I try and (roughly) match speeds with the guys on the inside lane as I drive down /up the slip road - that way a little extar or a touch ont eh brakes and you can slide in

I try and (roughly) match speeds with the guys on the inside lane as I drive down /up the slip road  - that way a little extar or a touch ont eh brakes and you can slide in

16403[/snapback]

Is that a euphemism?

I try and (roughly) match speeds with the guys on the inside lane as I drive down /up the slip road  - that way a little extar or a touch ont eh brakes and you can slide in

16403[/snapback]

Is that a euphemism?

16405[/snapback]

:blink:

The problem arises because there are too many people who think it's a race. Fnnr fnnr..

Like ive sid in my posts, if free pull over, if not then I am prepared to wait.

16393[/snapback]

It's not always possible to wait and depends on the length of the sliproad - sometimes if they don't let you in, you almost grind to a halt - very dangerous.

I get the impression people who don't let you in from sliproads are those who do a steady 40mph regardless of the road they're on and generally pay little attention on the road.

Include innuendo as you choose...

16773[/snapback]

Hmmm You can wait, just stop before the slip road ends, then pull out when clear enough as to not let the traffic on the major road to slow or change lane

What about the fuckers who don't indicate properly at roundabouts? Sorry to go on about it but I want to force them off the road and smash their indicators and/or heads in.

16778[/snapback]

They do my head in. Although you dont have to indicate whilst going straight on (According to highway code) it should be made that you do, it helps everyone tbh.

Like ive sid in my posts, if free pull over, if not then I am prepared to wait.

16393[/snapback]

It's not always possible to wait and depends on the length of the sliproad - sometimes if they don't let you in, you almost grind to a halt - very dangerous.

I get the impression people who don't let you in from sliproads are those who do a steady 40mph regardless of the road they're on and generally pay little attention on the road.

Include innuendo as you choose...

16773[/snapback]

Hmmm You can wait, just stop before the slip road ends, then pull out when clear enough as to not let the traffic on the major road to slow or change lane

16775[/snapback]

Which involves you joining a highway (in Washington where I'm most often on sliproads) where the cars are doing a good 70. Not especially safe to join traffic at that speed at about 15mph. The answer is for drivers to have a little more courtesy and pull into the outside lane if they can - I always do.

16785[/snapback]

Poor road design then :wink2:

How long are these slip raod about 1m?