Tiscali

Toonraider

Thought this was a result. A few months back I paid £14.99 a month for a basic broadband 150k connection, then the charge went up to £15.99 a month, still not bad really, it was what i used to pay for freakserve anytime ages ago.

Then Tiscali automatically upgraded me to 256K at no extra charge due to phasing out their slowest broadband.

Yesterday i received an email offering me 1mb connection for the same price, all i had to do was click to upgrade my account! Result :blink:

Plus I've never had a problem, finding them very reliable with good customer service too.

I have Tiscali BB at home and have never had a problem with it. I think they gave me a faster connection speed too even though I was paying for the slower one. I think I have my landline with them aswell and it's something like £9.99 for unlimited calls to any landline 24hrs a day.

I also have Tiscalli Broadband. It is excellent. Although every time someone rings my house, the connection cuts off. Does this happen to you too?

16592[/snapback]

I take it you've got microfilters, is that correct?

Hell of a first post, this one.

I also have Tiscalli Broadband. It is excellent. Although every time someone rings my house, the connection cuts off. Does this happen to you too?

16592[/snapback]

No that doesnt happen, thank god :wink2:

16592[/snapback]

16712[/snapback]

what's microfilters? :wink2:

16592[/snapback]

16712[/snapback]

what's microfilters? :wink2:

16833[/snapback]

A microfiler splits the voice and data communications down different strands of the phone cable. Otherwise the signals will interfere. Simply bit of kit really. You need a microfilter on every phone socket you use. Don't buy them from Dixons etc either- get on ebuyer or a local independent PC shop.

The things you plug into your phone sockets so you can split the adsl and telephone lines.

I had tiscali at my old house for a few years no probs at all. Just gone back to them at my current place and seems ok although it does occasionally disconnect for some unknown reason. Can't really knock them for value though. I was on 512k with 30gb download limit for £14.99 and i've just had an email telling me they are scrapping the limits. Think I've had a free speed upgrade too.

when i joined tiscalli, they sent me 2 adsl filters. will this help in any way? if not, why did they send two?

16849[/snapback]

You need one for every phone extension socket in your house. (Phones, faxes, Sky digibox etc). If you have more than two sockets you'll need to buy extra filters.

when i joined tiscalli, they sent me 2 adsl filters. will this help in any way? if not, why did they send two?

16849[/snapback]

Did you install them? They send two because you need one on every phone point- so say you have your main home phone and internet in one downstairs and another phone upstairs you'd need one on both.

i am only using one, which is upstairs where the phone and computer are. i have got a phone down stairs that works fine without one of the adsl filters.

16857[/snapback]

Stick the other filter on that and you'll stop getting disconnected from the net when you use the phone.