Luque Deal Dead

Scottish Mag

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know transfer deals with the Depor president are always a on/off saga (remembering Makaay, Pandiani and a couple more). At least that's what I still hope.

Otherwise we still can turn to Paul Dickov, can't we...

Don't know transfer deals with the Depor president are always a on/off saga (remembering Makaay, Pandiani and a couple more). At least that's what I still hope.

16240[/snapback]

Would Dickov be any worse than Shearer in his current form? :blink:

16240[/snapback]

16242[/snapback]

Apart from suspensions....no. :razz:

16240[/snapback]

Would Dickov be any worse than Shearer in his current form? :razz:

16242[/snapback]

:blink:

16240[/snapback]

16242[/snapback]

It's not just Shearer's bad form, it's also the entire team around him and our tactics, or have you somehow missed that?

Shearer + no supply or support = no goals.

Like Dickov is going to fix it.....

It's not just Shearer's bad form, it's also the entire team around him and our tactics, or have you somehow missed that?

16246[/snapback]

Probably would have beaten West Ham with his movement up front, and that terrifies me.

16240[/snapback]

Would Dickov be any worse than Shearer in his current form? :nufc:

16242[/snapback]

16246[/snapback]

No I haven't. Have you noticed that when we do have posession of the ball in midfield that the complete absence of any movement from Shearer up front leaves the midfield scratching their heads as to quite what to do with the ball?

:blink: Or have you somehow missed that? :razz:

16240[/snapback]

16242[/snapback]

16246[/snapback]

No I haven't. Have you noticed that when we do have posession of the ball in midfield that the complete absence of any movement from Shearer up front leaves the midfield scratching their heads as to quite what to do with the ball?

16255[/snapback]

He was by himself, completely isolated, and his only supply was the long ball hoof. What the hell do you expect him to do playing under that system? Of course if we had Bellamy or Robert....

There's no need for any scape goat other than Souness for the mess we are currently in.

16240[/snapback]

16242[/snapback]

16246[/snapback]

16255[/snapback]

He was by himself, completely isolated, and his only supply was the long ball hoof. What the hell do you expect him to do playing under that system? Of course if we had Bellamy or Robert....

There's no need for any scape goat other than Souness for the mess we are currently in.

16261[/snapback]

I'm not using him as a scapegoat, but can you really not see that the bloke is completely finished? I take no pleasure whatsoever from it, but it is an undeniable fact when you see him out there. The only time I see him animated is when he's berating a team mate for the inability to pull a ball back and thread it through the 3 defenders that have positioned themselves between the crosser and himself as a result of his inability to manouevre himself around the box.

As for the Bellamy and Robert stuff.....I really can't be arsed.

16240[/snapback]

16242[/snapback]

16246[/snapback]

16255[/snapback]

16261[/snapback]

I'm not using him as a scapegoat, but can you really not see that the bloke is completely finished? I take no pleasure whatsoever from it, but it is an undeniable fact when you see him out there. The only time I see him animated is when he's berating a team mate for the inability to pull a ball back and thread it through the 3 defenders that have positioned themselves between the crosser and himself as a result of his inability to manouevre himself around the box.

16266[/snapback]

Yes, he's probably completely finished as you put it (although I think he could still have a limited role to play), but my point is, ANY striker is going to struggle in this team. Replacing Shearer is not going to be the panacea to all our problems, and as for replacing him with Dickov.....

I realise you probably meant that tongue in cheek by the way.

16240[/snapback]

16242[/snapback]

16246[/snapback]

16255[/snapback]

16261[/snapback]

16266[/snapback]

Yes, he's probably completely finished as you put it (although I think he could still have a limited role to play), but my point is, ANY striker is going to struggle in this team. Replacing Shearer is not going to be the panacea to all our problems, and as for replacing him with Dickov.....

I realise you probably meant that tongue in cheek by the way.

16274[/snapback]

He doesn't suggest replacing him with Dickov though (see above) or suggest that replacing Shearer is a panacea to all our problems. Unless I've missed something.

He doesn't suggest replacing him with Dickov though (see above) or suggest that replacing Shearer is a panacea to all our problems. Unless I've missed something.

16288[/snapback]

Maybe not but it is all his fault anyway. :blink:

16288[/snapback]

Maybe not but it is all his fault anyway. :razz:

16290[/snapback]

:blink:

When Souness finally leaves, I hope that fat c*** of a chairman sticks to his word for once and resigns. I know it's not going to happen, but it's about time that he stopped hiding behind the manager and is shown up for what he really is - a pathetic excuse of a chairman and the real cancer at this club. We haven't brought any players in because FFS doesn't want us "to be taken for mugs" (what kind of statement is that? You just look at him and you know all you need to know about the way the club is run) and because all he's interested in is lining his own pockets. I've never been a fan Souness, but I feel sorry for him and if I was him, I'd resign today.