Bond poised for Newcastle axe

Jimbo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering what is widely been thought with regards to the situation regarding Stretford/McKay/Kenneth Shepherd by many who have close connection to NUFC, it's a bit rich that Fat Fred has hit the panic button so quickly...

Or perhaps that's half the reason? :good:

Considering what is widely been thought with regards to the situation regarding Stretford/McKay/Kenneth Shepherd by many who have close connection to NUFC, it's a bit rich that Fat Fred has hit the panic button so quickly...

Or perhaps that's half the reason? :good:

As I said before, any future dodgyness will be attributed to Bond.

Serves the twat right for knocking us out of the F A Cup when he played for bournemouth

Don't fucking remind me. I stood in the Leazes End that night freezing my nuts off watching an absolute shower of shite performance from us! :good:

Was that another one of our imfamous penalty shoot outs?

Aye :D

It was the tail end of the Ossie era. I was led to believe by my mate who was at both games that this one was only marginally better than the foggy night in Oxford a couple of weeks later.

If that was worse, I'm fucking glad I never made the trip down there because the cup game was shambolic! :good:

It might be that evidence was uncovered that was made available to NUFC.

I think we should also wait to see who is brought in as coache(s) before we start getting irate.

We certainly need someone of quality though because there's a few players under performing by my reckoning.

I think we should also wait to see who is brought in as coache(s) before we start getting irate.

We certainly need someone of quality though because there's a few players under performing by my reckoning.

it'll be the lee clark/terry mac dreamteam.

if we're short on numbers maybe we'll rope in steve watson and jimmy nail.

Today's Express speculates on Sarge Goddard coming back as assistant manager!!

The thing that pisses me off most, is that by sacking Bond, we have made the whole incident more high profile than the original comments.

Today's Express speculates on Sarge Goddard coming back as assistant manager!!

I'd welcome that tbh. Did a pretty sound job when he was at Ipswich by all accounts - not too sure how he managed in the West Ham back room though...

Roeder suprised by Bond sacking- Skysports.com

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder has admitted he was surprised to see Kevin Bond sacked as his assistant.

Bond lost his job at Newcastle as Roeder's number two after he was implicated in the Panorama probe into bungs in football.

The former Portsmouth coach has denied any wrongdoing and is considering taking legal action against the programme makers.

Roeder, who will have coaches Terry McDermott and Lee Clark working alongside him in place of Bond, insists he is in no rush to bring in a new right-hand man.

"It was a surprise and there has been no time even to give that any thought whatsoever, not with the game coming up," said Roeder.

"It is certainly something I will not be rushing into."

Meanwhile, Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp has jumped to the defence of Bond.

Redknapp is convinced Bond is innocent of any misdemeanour regarding alleged illegal payments.

"You'd not meet a straighter fella than Kevin. He's a fantastic coach, a real football man," Redknapp told The Sun.

"It would never enter his mind to do anything wrong, never ever. If he's got one fault maybe it's he's too nice a guy."

It seems Roeder didn't know Bond was getting the boot. Nicely handled, Freddy, professional to a fault. :D

And according to the Telegraph:

It is understood that Roeder was distinctly under-whelmed by Bond's efforts since he began working on Tyneside and their friendship, which flourished as England B team-mates, had deteriorated.

This is in sharp contrast to Roeder's billing during the summer, when he enthused: "I have taken my time because I wanted the right man and I know I have got him. I have always found him an excellent family man and he has turned out to be a very good coach indeed.

"He did some scouting work for me when I was at West Ham and he has a great football background and pedigree."

So basically, he was shit anyway. I hope Roeder is better at identifying good players than he is at identifying good coaches. Especially seen as he "took his time because he wanted the right man" with this one.