Has anyone else got this.......

ohh_ahh_Shearaa

...cold feeling in the bottom of there stomach that we are not going to get any further signings before the close of transfer window.....

I have personally resigned myself to the fact that we are going to be short of quality strikers for a few months!! Hopefully, Ameobi or Chops can find some form.....

I've long felt we would be bringing in 1 further player maximum and that there was also a good chance of no players.

This is the price you pay when the manager leaves the squad with hardly any strikers, then devotes his time and energy to strengthening central midfield before moving his attention belatedly to attack.

We're all happy with Emre and Parker, but they were not the number one priority, and what makes it worse is he fucking well knew back into last season he was dumping Bellamy and Robert and pretty much also Kluivert so how the hell did we ever get to the stage of havign no strikers!!!!

We're all happy with Emre and Parker, but they were not the number one priority, and what makes it worse is he fucking well knew back into last season he was dumping Bellamy and Robert and pretty much also Kluivert so how the hell did we ever get to the stage of havign no strikers!!!!

we've got shearer, ameobi, dyer and chopra. what's your problem.? :blink:

16382[/snapback]

Shearer's shit, Ameobi's shit, Chopra's shit and Dyer isn't really a striker.

16382[/snapback]

16385[/snapback]

And he's shit too....

16382[/snapback]

16385[/snapback]

And just for the record: Dickov is shit as well.

We certainly do have a striker problem, but the attacking play already starts in midfield. The lack of created chances isn't just down to an ageing Shearer but also to the non existence of a game plan.

Shearer isnt shit, he just doesnt have anyone to play with, nor does he get the ammo.

16413[/snapback]

It gives me no pleasure to disagree, but I think he is shit now. You're right about him not having a partner/service though.

16382[/snapback]

16385[/snapback]

:razz: Harsh but mostly true!

Shearer is understandably (with his age and terrible injuries) nearly past it and offering nothing under the current formation. He can no longer be relied on at all away from home and at home requires top class service to score now, which he won't be getting.

Shola has yet to do antyhing to inspire confidence in people he can score enough goals or even play to premiership standard consistently.

Chopra hardly set division 2 alight so is unlikely to destroy premiership defences

Dyer looks easilly our best striker on the basis of his games up there last season, and he is a midfielder who averages about 4 goals max a season!

I actually think if fit and having a run in the team Dyer will do well, but his finishing is far from proven up front and i'd much prefer to see two class strikers with Dyer in midfield adding to the attack.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

I've long felt we would be bringing in 1 further player maximum and that there was also a good chance of no players.

This is the price you pay when the manager leaves the squad with hardly any strikers, then devotes his time and energy to strengthening central midfield before moving his attention belatedly to attack.

16338[/snapback]

Of course. There are still people who can't see it though, it's management of a totally bewildering standard of incompetence. Now when Souness came I was pissed off and expected us to dive and have a club in a mess, but never did i dream even he would do what he has done.

We are going to be in a relegation fight. And Souness will be rightly finished with football because no one in their right mind will touch him again when they look at the wreckage of a job he's done here.