Emre to be fit for Sunday?

Scottish Mag

TURKISH ace Emre is hoping he will be fit for Sunday's game with Manchester United after returning to training this week.

The summer signing from Inter Milan made an immediate impact on his debut at Arsenal, but a hamstring injury sustained on international duty with Turkey in Bulgaria ruled him out of Saturday's game with West Ham and also prevents him from making the trip to Bolton tomorrow.

But Emre will step up his training this week and hopes to be ready for the visit of Sir Alex Ferguson's side on Sunday.

Emre told nufc.co.uk: "I was disappointed to get injured with Turkey, especially as I had to miss the game with West Ham because of it.

"But it is not serious, the injury is not a problem for me.

"I know there was some talk that I could be out for six weeks, but it is nowhere near as bad as that. I will not be ready to play against Bolton, but I hope to be OK for the game with Manchester United on Sunday.

"I just turned quickly in the game with Bulgaria and felt my hamstring, so I came off straight away so I did not make it worse.

"I stayed in Turkey for some treatment after the game, then I came back to Newcastle. I will work hard in training this week, and then speak with the gaffer and the physiotherapists at the end of the week."