Best Gig

sweetleftpeg

INXS at the Mayfair ...god knows how long ago

REM at Loch Lomond....I cried tears of joy all the way through the gig

Maximo Park at the Academy

thats all for now altho i am missing out loads....

:lol:

It was one of my "things to do before I die"....only 3 left and I can shoot off :D

If I had to see REM before i could shoot off it my arms would be half the size. :D

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

It was one of my "things to do before I die"....only 3 left and I can shoot off :lol:

Is Brock game yet?

It was one of my "things to do before I die"....only 3 left and I can shoot off :D

If I had to see REM before i could shoot off it my arms would be half the size. :D

each to their own mate...each to their own :D

:D

It was one of my "things to do before I die"....only 3 left and I can shoot off :lol:

Is Brock game yet?

Ahhhh....and in steps little Johnny !!! No he is not one of the things "to do" before I die. The next on the agenda is to see U2 live, couldn't get there this year for reasons beyond my control :D

I was at Maine Road for Oasis in '96 but unfortunately too shit-faced to remember most of it.

Terrorvision always put on an enjoyable show, had my first crowd surf when they were at Middlesbrough town hall.

I remember T-Keith on stage with GreenDay too.

Also enjoyed Coldplay (and Idlewild supporting them) at the arena a couple of years back.

Metallica at the NEC on the snake tour. Actually was lucky enough to get moved from our seats and invited into the snake pit...which was practically on the stage.

Edited by Toonraider

Black Grape @ The Mayfair: First ever crowd surf, kick off track, Tamazi Party!

Ash @ The Dome in Whitley Bay (yes, Whitley Bay): They did 20 or so gigs around the UK one year in smaller venues.

The Bulbs @ Arts Centre (?) Westgate Road: Ended up sitting in a dingy at the front of the stage with my mate hitting each other with the oars (It was the Bulbs' dingy, btw... :angry: ).

Others...

Beck @ The Mayfair

Inspiral Carpets @ Newcastle Uni

The Zutons @ Newcastle Uni

PJ Harvey @ T in the Park

i lost interest after the first oasis album although the second one did have one or two decent tunes, they're just too samey.

look at what damon alburn is doing now compared to the gallaghers. he's producing some real quality diverse music while oasis are still knocking out the same old shite.

It might be diverse but to be honest it is mostly still shite in a mockney accent. one or two decent songs in a career from alburn.

Saw him as well at Rollercoaster tour with My Bloody Valentine and Dinosaur Jr

Pretty good too.

I went to the Rollercoaster tour at Manchester Apollo I think. Can't remember too much about it now mind.

Been to few good gigs in my time

Wildhearts at the riverside

Slayer at the city hall

Metallica at the ice rink

guns n roses at gateshead

:angry:

You sir, are a legend! :lol:

My best ever was Anthrax at the Glasgow Garage, 1995. The place was seriously fucking jumping. John Bush climbed a stack of amps and jumped off into the crowd and Scott Ian had a massive rant about how the band didn't get asked to contribute 'I am the law' to the soundtrack of the Judge Dredd(Stallone turkey0 that was just coming out.

What a night - Newcy Broon, powder and metal..... :lol:

Not really - a legend would have seen guns n roses at the city hall in 1987 but i missed it.

Still the Pixies at the Mayfair circa 1990/1 for me like.

It was 89 iirc and is my number 1.

2. Ozzy Osbourne Mayfair 80

3. Manics Millenium

4. U2 MK bowl 85

5. Big Country Whitley Bay Ice Rink 86

6. Pixies Brixton 04

7 3 Colours Red Reading 99

Green Day at the arena 2005. Got onstage with them made the gig 10 x better.

Muse at Leeds Festival.

Maximo Park - Newcastle

Radiohead - Newcastle Arena

Foo Fighters - Leeds

I was at those.

Foo fighters were great when they refused to stop playing.

I never liked Maximo Park though.

Megadeth in Poole was a fun gig, saw motorhead at cornwall Collesium...that was so loud my ears hurt for days! Remember girls school?.....saw them at Torquay town hall!!! :angry: Def Leppard and Aerosmith at NEC were good...i wish i'd seen Floyd and would love to see U2.

Edited by Toonraider

Best gig was Queen at SJP 1986, I'm expecting my worst gig to be McFly at the arena tomorrow :lol:

Was there, and it is on my list of worst ever gigs, Queen we're beyond shite, HUGE letdown - sorry

Among the Best

Aerosmith - Wembley (Lenny Kravitz was main support and despite my missgivings he was fucking class)

Springsteen - SJP

Rush - NEC

Van Morrison, The Pogues - Glasgow Flaedh

Eagles, Iron Maiden - Manchester

Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath, ZZ Top, Stranglers, 10CC, Big Country, Quo (in their pomp) :lol:, Meatlaof when he collapsed and we got an extra free gig for our trouble - City Hall

Magnum - Mayfair (and loads more I was too pissed to remember)

Wishbone Ash - Odeon (yes it was a venue)

Worst

Queen SJP, Stereophonics supporting Aerosmith at Wembley absolute shite, UFO City Hall - guitarist pissed :angry: REO Speedwagon City Hall, KISS City Hall, Rainbow City Hall (Blackmore prima donna, posing, velvet covered amps, effects pedal merchant)

My favourite gigs were....

Brian May - Whitley Bay Ice Rink - 1993 - First Gig I went to, reet at the front. Never seen nowt like it before jumping all over, thought I'd die. He fucked up the solo on Bohemian Rhapsody when the fireworks went off. Kelly Preston was lush.

Bob Dylan - Newcastle Arena - 2000 - About 2 minutes into every song you realise which one it is and you're astounded at how fresh he keeps every track. First time I saw him and I've never enjoyed him more.

Run DMC - Leeds - 2000 - goddamn that DJ made my day.

Public Enemy - University of Northumbria - 2003 - Childhood heroes, first time I saw them live. Loved every second. Coming back on Sunday. I can't wait.

Beastie Boys - SECC Glasgae - 2004 - Fantastic weekend all round, loads of us went up, great gig, down the front, we were the only ones singing along to Paul Revere while everyone else waited for Intergalactic. Just got the DVD of this tour.

Aerosmith - Wembley (Lenny Kravitz was main support and despite my missgivings he was fucking class)

Yes he was. I still don't get on with his albums, but helluva show that day

Leeeeeeeeeet Loooooooooove Ruuuuuuuuuuuule

If I had to see REM before i could shoot off it my arms would be half the size. :angry:

each to their own mate...each to their own :lol:

Seen then a few times and they are very god live. Saw them at City Hall the night Arsenal won the league (1989) and at tiffanys a few years earlier. Prefer the stuff like Document to later stuff.