AFL Grand Final

wellsy

Well as the title suggests the Grand Final is here between West Coast and Sydney at the MCG. 90,000 people packed in to watch crappy pre match entertainment and drink full strength beer at inflated prices.

Me on the other hand am getting pissed at our local cricket club, $40 bucks and as much piss as you can drink, free food and toppo's so you cant go wrong. Plus a big screen for the game.

I think 60-70% of Australia will be smashed by the end of the game with further people doing more damage to their livers later in the night. I dont think i will last to 9pm...

Does anyone else share this holy day? Maybe you brits could go to the pub and watch the game and do what we do and get shit faced. Then again i think the time difference might stuff you up but theres always a replay.

I think i might have a sausage sizzle for breakfast now with BBQ sauce as it is the shizzle :angry:

who won?

I always lose interest after about the 5th "FINAL"

why not just have the top team take the title like we do in Soccer?

Or just play knockout all year long.....................

West Coast 12.13 (85)

Sydney 12.12 (84)

Only one point and shizzle me dizzle this game wasnt a fizzle. Fantastic game, hard and tough and West Coast probably deserved it but i was hoping Sydney would take it out. The ball was about 50m out in the Sydney forward line when the final siren blew. If the game went on for another 5 minutes they would of won i reckon and or if Barry Hall or Craig Bolton kicked straight...

Dont have a clue why we have the top 8 play finals but it just happens. Been happening ever since the game started but obviously the system has been ironed out over a few years. Its a fair system as the top team won it this year so i guess there isnt any problems with it.

makes a mockery of the rest of the season IMHO

Sometimes that is a fair call but in this case West Coast were the best team this season.

I started drinking at midday and didn't stop until 8am the next morning. Even if you're team isn't involved, GF day is awesome. And Melbourne was absolutely pumping last night.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for draggin this up. But the locals are still going off. I'm just back from my lunch break and I saw a group (20ish) of guys in almost full west coast egirls kit. The people in this town (perth) are odd. :)

Yeah agreed, apparently they are sort of a big deal around here.... I think most of my mates are in cricket mode now so you dont have to listen to them go on and on about it!