Manchester United vs Newcastle United

TOPTOON

Guest Patrokles

Zoggy and duff are no LB's .

They'd be wasted there too. They are our best Wingers man! Stick Duff RW and Zoggy on the left. If anyone has to be played out of position its unfortunatly (for him and us) Ramage, he's not great there but with bernard stryggling with fitness and Baba out its the best we can do for now. Zoggy's going to have to come back more to help out if/when we are against it.

Yeah, we tried that, remember?

Besides, Milner doesn't deserve to lose his place. On current form, he's our best winger.

Last time we tried it was in that Uefa game and Duff was on fire, it worked imo, i don't know why he didn't stick with it. I like Milner but i don't think he's quite as good as Duff and Zoggy, just my opinion.

We tried it a few other times too, and it just didn't work.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'd be wasted there too. They are our best Wingers man! Stick Duff RW and Zoggy on the left. If anyone has to be played out of position its unfortunatly (for him and us) Ramage, he's not great there but with bernard stryggling with fitness and Baba out its the best we can do for now. Zoggy's going to have to come back more to help out if/when we are against it.

Besides, Milner doesn't deserve to lose his place. On current form, he's our best winger.

Last time we tried it was in that Uefa game and Duff was on fire, it worked imo, i don't know why he didn't stick with it. I like Milner but i don't think he's quite as good as Duff and Zoggy, just my opinion.

No we didn't. When?.. Zoggy's hardly played with Duff.... we should have though imo Duff was MOM the last time he played there, crap opposition like i know but still he loked at home on the right.

Name the games please.

Duff at left back? :angry:

neither is ramage. that much is clear after last night.

i'd rather a left winger out of position at left back who can offer some degree of support to the left winger than every move on that side breaking down because ramage has to take 3 or 4 touches before turning back to his right foot every time he gets the ball.

Edited by Dan

neither is ramage. that's much is clear after last night's.

i'd rather a left winger out of position at left back who can offer some degree of support to the left winger than every move on that side breaking down because ramage has to take 3 or 4 touches before turning back to his right foot every time he gets the ball.

I'd play Zog at left back with Duff in front of him and two strikers...What the hell go for it!!

Even if we go all def minded we'll get mullahed 3-0 anyway.

I'd play Zog at left back with Duff in front of him and two strikers...What the hell go for it!!

exactamundo. there's absolutely no way we'll get anything out of the game if we sit back with our defence. may as wel have a go. shit or bust. i'll be happy if we lose 4-1 as long as we have a go.

exactamundo. there's absolutely no way we'll get anything out of the game if we sit back with our defence. may as wel have a go. shit or bust. i'll be happy if we lose 4-1 as long as we have a go.

Music to my ears sir!

Guest Patrokles

Additionally, if you're feeling extra contrite:

The 27-year-old midfielder was pressed into service as an emergency left-back in Tallinn on Thursday night after Titus Bramble picked up an injury, and turned in an excellent display.

Duff, a £5million summer signing from Chelsea, will hope to return to his more accustomed role against West Ham tomorrow, but his versatility and character have proved major pluses for Roeder as he prepares to return to his former club.

The manager said: 'That just shows you how versatile Damien Duff is. I know he has played at left-back a number of times for Chelsea and done really, really well.

'When I asked him to go an play there, I was not asking him to have a new experience.

'He is such a good pro that whatever you ask him to do, he does it with a willingness that makes a manager's life a lot easier.

'That is one of the beauties of him, as well as the ability he has. He looked very comfortable because he is a good player on the ball.

'Teams who like to pass the ball or want to pass the ball must have good full-backs that can play, and Damien Duff certainly can play.

'But as far as being a long-term left-back, those days are quite a few seasons away, I would guess. He is not ready to drop back there yet on a regular basis.

'But as he proved, he can do the job. He had a big smile on his face after the game in the dressing room knowing he had done an excellent job for the team.'

As much as I have serious concerns for the left side of defence, I'm also concerned for Harper, I can only imagine that his confidence must be somewhere below rock bottom at the moment.

As much as I have serious concerns for the left side of defence, I'm also concerned for Harper, I can only imagine that his confidence must be somewhere below rock bottom at the moment.

Left back shouldn't be a problem I'm sure if Beresford was to turn up with his boots at the weekend they would give him a game...

I see your still your old haughty self Verlaine. :angry:

I see your still your old haughty self Verlaine. :lol:

That's Jimbo. :angry:

That's Jimbo. :angry:

Quoted the wrong one....I meant Partrokles.

That's Jimbo. :lol:

I gathered Parky sir. :angry:

That's Jimbo. :lol:

:angry:

Why do you lot of young wankers feel you must have a back four?

When I was growing up and playing it was basic to have the traditional back three. Left & Right full-backs and Centre-half. The team formation was always 1 - 3 - 2 - 5. Think about this when you try to figure out a formation to play Man.U.

I, the aad gadgee, might be tempted to go with;

......................................................Harper......

.................Carr...............................Moore.........................Taylor.

...Duff...................Parker.................Emre..................Butt.....................Zoggy.

..........................................Martins......O......Ameobe.......................

Parker and Butt can play defensive roles assisting the back three, getting forward as often as often as possible and letting Emre have a free rein in the middle to spread passes to the wings and feed the front two

Duff and Zoggy can play the wings, taking defenders on, feeding the front two, tracking back to assist Carr and Taylor if necessary.

Think about it, anyone wiv arf a brain (smirk) can see why this could work and it relieves the stress of having to start Ramage or Bramble.

Subs:

Milner

Sibierski

Ramage

Krul.

I might be on drugs or something but i think we can win at OT. Dont ask me why but i think it is the Luque factor or maybe the Martins factor. Either way we will win for some reason and if we lose.... it happens.

Martins and Sib up front

Martins dropping back to run at their defence. I have actually never seen a Newcastle game yet this year in Australia and i dont think this game will be on so i cant see how fast Martins is.

I might be on drugs or something but i think we can win at OT. Dont ask me why but i think it is the Luque factor or maybe the Martins factor. Either way we will win for some reason and if we lose.... it happens.

Martins and Sib up front

Martins dropping back to run at their defence. I have actually never seen a Newcastle game yet this year in Australia and i dont think this game will be on so i cant see how fast Martins is.

We're NOT on telly here - Fox have chosen to go with Tottenham v Portsmouth - no excuse for missing v Everton or v Liverpool mind :angry:

As for the "Luque factor" - while he will be doubtless be on the bench I hope to God that's where he remains for the whole 90 minutes...

Manchester United v Newcastle Untied

manu_home.png v newcastle_home.png

Sunday, 1st October 2006

Barclays Premiership

Kick Off 15:00hrs

Confirmed starting XI:

12harper.png - 2carr.png26ramage.png18moore.png27taylor.png - 16milner.png22butt.png5emre.png17parker.png11duff.png - 23ameobi.png

Substitutes:

40 T Krul, 07 A Luque, 09 O Martins, 14 C N'Zogbia, 35 M Pattison

Man United team:

01 E Van der Sar, 02 G Neville, 05 R Ferdinand, 15 N Vidic, 04 G Heinze, 24 D Fletcher, 16 M Carrick, 18 P Scholes, 07 C Ronaldo, 08 W Rooney, 20 O Solskjaer

Subs

29 T Kuszczak, 03 P Evra, W Brown, L Saha, 22 J O'Shea

Ref: M Dean

Geek.

:angry:

anyway, I'm going for the whole "expect the worst and you won't be disapointed" on this one. ManU always seem to shred us apart playwise at the best of times. A shot on target, winning a corner, putting three passes together in their half of the pitch ... Anything will be a bonus. :lol: