Luque Hits Out At Roeder

Tooj

Albert Luque has revealed his frustration at his lack of first team opportunities at Newcastle.

The Spaniard is well down the pecking order at St James' Park and has made only one appearance in The Premiership this term.

Luque has struggled to show his true form at Newcastle since his big-money move from Deportivo La Coruna last summer.

The 28-year-old is not happy with his current situation and has hit out at Magpies boss Glenn Roeder for not giving him a chance.

"I'm not happy because the coach isn't giving me opportunities," Luque told El Mundo Deportivo.

"I don't know if he likes my style or not. All I know is that the person who brought me here is no longer around and I can only try to win over the new coach.

"I believe I could contribute a lot, but the situation will be difficult to change because the coach's confidence is in other players.

"I've never been in this situation before.

"I signed for Newcastle to play football. I don't want them to just give me money, I want to earn it on the field."

Edited by Jonny2J

I agree with him on this, its pathetic how Sibierski and Rossi are getting played ahead of him, give Luque a chance, you never know he might be good.

What? Chances like he got against Villa? Nearly every time Alberta has been on the pitch, he has done absolute fuck all to warrant another chance. Of course it's harsh to drop down to 5th choice in the pecking order. But pathetic? The only pathetic thing so far has been Luque's effort.

he hasn't the pace, nor speed of thought for the premiership.

probably sell him for fuck all in January to a spanish club, where he'll go on to score a hatful

i think he's done well to keep quiet about this til now tbh

He hasn't actually he has been bleating consistantly in the Spanish press and been linking himself to any club there that will listen.

Been back from todays game a few hours now, (living in Manc) and for some bizzare reason Albert Luque spent the last 20 mins of the game warming up, despite the fact we had made all 3 changes allowed... hmmm

Been back from todays game a few hours now, (living in Manc) and for some bizzare reason Albert Luque spent the last 20 mins of the game warming up, despite the fact we had made all 3 changes allowed... hmmm

why not? he knows mister Glenn isn't going to give him a look in, so why not make the best of the setting, atmosphere and stadium, by having a bit of exercise.

Whether you wanted them or not, if you have lemons, make lemonade, don't leave them unused on the kitchen table until they go rancid.

In other words, Roeder should be looking at ways to involve Luque more. Try to get some bang for our (millions of) buck(s).

To extend your analogy, if your lemons are rotten, use them for compost ie play him in the reserves...

Whether you wanted them or not, if you have lemons, make lemonade, don't leave them unused on the kitchen table until they go rancid.

In other words, Roeder should be looking at ways to involve Luque more. Try to get some bang for our (millions of) buck(s).

Unfortunate analogy, given that we clearly bought a lemon in Luque.

I think it can be extended further in that you can take some bitter, yellow mediterranean fruit, and create something rather refreshing, sharp and fizzing.

I think it can be extended further in that you can take some bitter, yellow mediterranean fruit, and create something rather refreshing, sharp and fizzing.

Or maybe like how sampling a lemon can have you screwing your face up in the same way that Luque's performances can. Notice how I used sampling rather than sucking. :lol:

Or maybe like how sampling a lemon can have you screwing your face up in the same way that Luque's performances can. Notice how I used sampling rather than sucking. :lol:

L-L-L-Le-Le-Lemon L-Le-Le-Lemon