Moving...

rikko

The time to stop being a student and finally enter the 'real' world is upon me now. Tomorrow I finally make the move from Innerleithen (6 miles from peebles) to plymouth 450 miles away. Start my first 'proper' tax paying job on monday. It's now safe to say i'm bricking it. Might have lived away from home for the past 4 years, but the thought of a job and being stuck in a place with a right funny accent 8 hours from home ain't filling me with joy. Sure it'll be better when it starts though.

Edited by rikko

from Innerleithen (30ish miles south of edinburgh)

What you should have said is "6 miles south of Peebles" Then people would understand it's significance. :lol:

Good luck though mate. :D

What you should have said is "6 miles south of Peebles" Then people would understand it's significance. :lol:

Good luck though mate. <_<

Ah, that Innerleithen!!! :D

Good luck with it though!

Best of luck with it all mate. And if all else fails, feel free to hop on a London train of a televised matchday and come sup a pint with me and a pint of water with an errant Aussie. :lol:

What you should have said is "6 miles south of Peebles" Then people would understand it's significance. :D

Good luck though mate. <_<

my god, you're right. Editted the original now :lol:

Best of luck dude, just take comfort in the fact where ever you are it will never be a bigger shit hole than Lowestoft !!!

Best of luck dude, just take comfort in the fact where ever you are it will never be a bigger shit hole than Lowestoft !!!

:lol: That's the kind of life advice that every schoolkid should be issued with :D

:lol: I'll bear that in mind, if things get really bad, i'll take a trip there to cheer myself up...

:lol: I'll bear that in mind, if things get really bad, i'll take a trip there to cheer myself up...

No problem, anytime you need a litter-infested, rainy shit hole full of Albainian asylum seekers, you'll know where to come.

No problem, anytime you need a litter-infested, rainy shit hole full of Albainian asylum seekers, you'll know where to come.

Hey, I thought I was being nice with that invite to London! :D

What you should have said is "6 miles south of Peebles" Then people would understand it's significance. <_<

Good luck though mate. ;)

my god, you're right. Editted the original now :lol:

:D

i'm bricking it.

Bricks are surely the only way?

Forget your job worries, your biggest challenge is facing broad south-west accents and keeping a straight face. Every day is talk like a pirate day!

Good luck mate. I hope you did GT and the downhill course at Inners :lol:

Greatest Biking in the UK :D

I've done one of the courses there and nearly died. Its for maniacs only. The guys who get to totally nuts speed deserve respect as they clearly have a death wish...

i'm bricking it.

Bricks are surely the only way?

Forget your job worries, your biggest challenge is facing broad south-west accents and keeping a straight face. Every day is talk like a pirate day!

Dunno how I got through the interview like, was like talking to Worzel Gummidge.

All the best and good luck. BTW, how German does "Innerleithen" look? If I didn't know it was in Scotland, I'd figure it was a place name for a far-off village in Bavaria.

Edited by Bombadil

Missed this thread. Good luck. You'll be fine once you get there, I'm sure. And if you don't like it, stick it out for a year and then look for something closer to home with something on your CV.

All the best and good luck. BTW, how German does "Innerleithen" look? If I didn't know it was in Scotland, I'd figure it was a place name for a far-off village in Bavaria.

I've made that mistake before about a lad who posted on here from Fochabers. Or summat.

Apparently thats in Scotland and not (as practically everyone would suspect) in the Rhineland.

Krauts in tartan skirts tbh.

Good luck by the way, mister. :lol:

I've made that mistake before about a lad who posted on here from Fochabers. Or summat.

Apparently thats in Scotland and not (as practically everyone would suspect) in the Rhineland.

That was hilarious! :lol:

Good luck Rik - I'm sure it'll all be fab and you'll settle in no problem :lol:

That was hilarious! :lol:

Good luck Rik - I'm sure it'll all be fab and you'll settle in no problem :lol:

:lol:

And you even remembered how to spell it properly, I'm impressed.