New booklet out on the early days

Rob W

"Before they were United (the birth of Football on Tyneside)"

£ 3.50 + P&P £ 0.50

from

J Tinniswood

37 Spen Burn

NE39 2ON

covers the early days from late 1870 - 1890's apparently photos, team sheets, mps and cuttings of the football and crickeet clubs

haven't read it yet but comes well recomended

£ 3.50 + P&P £ 0.50

from

J Tinniswood

37 Spen Burn

NE39 2ON

covers the early days from late 1870 - 1890's apparently photos, team sheets, mps and cuttings of the football and crickeet clubs

Must be fiction,

i thought we formed in 1992? :lol:

£ 3.50 + P&P £ 0.50

from

J Tinniswood

37 Spen Burn

NE39 2ON

Must be fiction,

i thought we formed in 1992? :lol:

Maybe the title might explain that......

You should stick this up on NO Rob. The bloke could make a canny few quid from all the people on there that would order it. Assuming the mods didn't find some reason to delete it like. :lol:

they'd delete it, it's run by Nazi's these days

they edited some fuckers post cos he had the nerve to link to a youtube video

no wonder we dont see many police on the beat these days, they must be too busy monitoring newcastle-onlines forum

I've got a fantastic NUFC history book that came out in 1990, it's around the house somewhere, but it's basically the history of NUFC in the style of a comic book. I'm sure it was one of Paul Joannou's. Anyway, it's a great book to give to your young uns if they want to learn the history.

The Rob W Benevolent Fund

37 Spen Burn

NE39 2ON

:lol:

Nowt to do with me I promise

I'm too busy saving the world to do decent research -like :lol::lol::lol:

I've got a fantastic NUFC history book that came out in 1990, it's around the house somewhere, but it's basically the history of NUFC in the style of a comic book. I'm sure it was one of Paul Joannou's. Anyway, it's a great book to give to your young uns if they want to learn the history.

"the style of a comic "

Not just a history book then - a solid premonition of the next 15 years .............. :lol::lol::lol:

£ 3.50 + P&P £ 0.50

from

J Tinniswood

37 Spen Burn

NE39 2ON

That address has surely got High Spen missing from it? (It's the next street along from the school I went to before anyone asks).

• 12 years later...
On 10/5/2006 at 08:11, Rob W said:

"the style of a comic "

Not just a history book then - a solid premonition of the next 15 years .............. :lol::lol::lol:

Paul Joannou with a new publication. 

Llvpci2.jpg

"More than 150 players and officials connected with the Magpies served in the armed forces with many more engaged in essential work during World War I."

"Over 20 Newcastle players tragically died."

"In a cruel twist of fate, the end of the Great War coincided with the outbreak of the Spanish Flu pandemic which killed millions around the world and thousands in Britain. Two Newcastle players, Angus Douglas and Jack Allan, died from the influenza outbreak."