Fatih Tekke....

Scottish Mag

Wigan Athletic are aiming to end their search for a striker by signing Turkey international Fatih Tekke.

The 27-year-old has been looking to leave his current club Trabzonspor throughout the summer and Wigan hope to win the chase for his services.

Trabzonspor have previously been reluctant to sell the prolific hot shot, who scored 30 goals in the Turkish league last season.

But with Trabzonspor failing to reach the UEFA Champions League group phase, they may be forced to part with Tekke before the close of the transfer window.

Latics boss Paul Jewell has missed out on the hit-man twice in the past but is pressing ahead with a third attempt to take Tekke to The JJB Stadium.

"Tekke is a player we are interested in," said Jewell.

"We have tried to get him a couple of times before and he is one we are pursuing again at the moment."

Jewell is desperate to bring in a new forward before the end of the month after selling Nathan Ellington to West Brom, and missing out on Dean Ashton and Robert Earnshaw.

But to avoid further frustration in the transfer market, Jewell will have to fend off interest from clubs across the continent to bring Tekke to The Premiership.

Deportivo La Coruna, Valencia, Stuttgart and Hertha Berlin have all been interested in Tekke over the summer and may rival Wigan for his signature.

Please tell me our club is at least aware of his availability?

is this how low you've become.....sign anyone who who has good stats regardless of the fact you've never seen him play,remember hakan sukur and his fantastic foray into english football....................

.....what the hell....come fatih :wink2:

Wigan Athletic are aiming to end their search for a striker by signing Turkey international Fatih Tekke.

The 27-year-old has been looking to leave his current club Trabzonspor throughout the summer and Wigan hope to win the chase for his services.

Trabzonspor have previously been reluctant to sell the prolific hot shot, who scored 30 goals in the Turkish league last season.

But with Trabzonspor failing to reach the UEFA Champions League group phase, they may be forced to part with Tekke before the close of the transfer window.

Latics boss Paul Jewell has missed out on the hit-man twice in the past but is pressing ahead with a third attempt to take Tekke to The JJB Stadium.

"Tekke is a player we are interested in," said Jewell.

"We have tried to get him a couple of times before and he is one we are pursuing again at the moment."

Jewell is desperate to bring in a new forward before the end of the month after selling Nathan Ellington to West Brom, and missing out on Dean Ashton and Robert Earnshaw.

But to avoid further frustration in the transfer market, Jewell will have to fend off interest from clubs across the continent to bring Tekke to The Premiership.

Deportivo La Coruna, Valencia, Stuttgart and Hertha Berlin have all been interested in Tekke over the summer and may rival Wigan for his signature.

Please tell me our club is at least aware of his availability?

16690[/snapback]

I hope you mean Paul Jewell

is this how low you've become.....sign anyone who who has good stats regardless of the fact you've never seen him play,remember hakan sukur and his fantastic foray into english football....................

16832[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly, but desperation breeds....desperation !

16832[/snapback]

I actually have seen him play...and i am also subjected to watching Shola, Chopra and it kills me to say but what appears to be one season to many for Shearer. We need a goalscorer badly..

16832[/snapback]

I actually have seen him play...and i am also subjected to watching Shola, Chopra and it kills me to say but what appears to be one season to many for Shearer. We need a goalscorer badly..

16894[/snapback]

Fatih Tekke - is he a distant relation to Fatih Mickey Quinn, of Fatih Paddy K, of Fatih Freddy Shepherd ???

Greggs would be happy if nowt else