What is your current occupation..?

Scottish Mag

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am current an IT support engineer for a multi-national construction firm but over the years i've been:

- 'Consett Trader' delivery lad

- Shelf-stacker at WmLow

- Phone Book delivery lad

- supervisor of a sports shop in Chester le Street

- CAD engineer for an engineering firm who manufactured parts for the Eurofighter.

I'm a local journalist and a political science student, and I'm currently serving my last days in Zivildienst (400 days of "compulsory military service with other means and without arms") at a psychiatric outpatient unit for opiate addicts.

Edited by Bombadil

I did day-release at Leeds College of Building for two years to get my ONC, then a further three years at Leeds Met Uni to get my HND, both in building studies. My employer paid for the lot.

I was allowed to continue on and do a degree in QSing but I couldn't be arsed, for a number of reasons.

The QSing I do is different to that which they teach you academically though, so i'm not missing much, particularly as I see my long-term future here.

I went to LCoB and LMU :lol: When did you go? I finished LMU last year!

I am a Structural CAD Technician at a Multi Discipline Consultant Engineers

Finished year before last.

I'm a local journalist and a political science student, and I'm currently serving my last days in Zivildienst (400 days of "compulsory military service with other means and without arms") at a psychiatric outpatient unit for opiate addicts.

Eh? You're in a mental home?

Three more days. :lol:

I don't think he lives there man.

So it's true that most the Swiss populace are junkies then?

I work for Poundland! lol just kidding

I used to work at Poundstretcher in the Galleries. It wasn't a bad job actually but my mam was a bit of a snob and wouldn't even nip in to see me when she was doing her shopping. My dad used to infuriate her by coming in and buying cheapy t-shirts which he'd then take home and parade in front of her. "Look what our Catherine just sold us. 3 for £2 - Bargain!!" :lol:

that's funny!! :lol:

my girlfriend used to work at poundland...

didn't stop me from visiting her

I don't think he lives there man.

So it's true that most the Swiss populace are junkies then?

That's what a whole lot of Nazi gold and a guilty conscience will do to you. Can I interest you with some state-funded heroin?

Edited by Bombadil

Today I am mostly translating a text about the Popemobile. Class. :lol:

Did yer teacher at school say to you "meenzer, when you leave school the job for you is translating articles about religous vehicles" or sommat?

Did yer teacher at school say to you "meenzer, when you leave school the job for you is translating articles about religous vehicles" or sommat?

Either that or he's a translator.

I work for Poundland! lol just kidding

I used to work at Poundstretcher in the Galleries. It wasn't a bad job actually but my mam was a bit of a snob and wouldn't even nip in to see me when she was doing her shopping. My dad used to infuriate her by coming in and buying cheapy t-shirts which he'd then take home and parade in front of her. "Look what our Catherine just sold us. 3 for £2 - Bargain!!" :lol:

that's funny!! :D

my girlfriend used to work at poundland...

didn't stop me from visiting her

That's like a status symbol in Liverpool man. :lol:

It looks like I'll be doing a football youth development role in the near future. I've been running my own team for about a year now and coaching the girls team at the high school for about 5 or 6 weeks. Now there's a good chance I'll be coaching most years at the high school. Getting paid to be on the training field = job satidfaction. :lol:

Here's hoping.

Either that or he's a translator.

Could be that, aye. :lol: As mentioned earlier in the thread, I do finance/business stuff - this one's a Mercedes-Benz puff piece on their special protection vehicles, which happen to include the aforementioned Evil Killer Transporter.

Which clubs did you own?

I'm guessing Mint and Orange.

If You Liiiiike a lot of chocolate on your biscuit....

:lol: That song always sounded slightly euphemistic to me.

Remember TRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIO! TRiiIIIIiiIO! I want a trio and I want one now!

Which clubs did you own?

I'm guessing Mint and Orange.

If You Liiiiike a lot of chocolate on your biscuit....

:lol: That song always sounded slightly euphemistic to me.

Remember TRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIO! TRiiIIIIiiIO! I want a trio and I want one now!

Jaysus you have a warped mind. :lol:

Trio's were lush, wtf happened to them?