owen back on

Stu_J

And still on the good news front, I understand that United have made a breakthrough in their bid to sign another striker apart from Owen, and this will happen in the next 24 hours.

17063[/snapback]

Is it Brett Emerton?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And still on the good news front, I understand that United have made a breakthrough in their bid to sign another striker apart from Owen, and this will happen in the next 24 hours.

17063[/snapback]

Is it Brett Emerton?

17064[/snapback]

Nah, most likely to be Paul Dickov... :wink2:

17063[/snapback]

Is it Brett Emerton?

17064[/snapback]

Where's that quote from? Or can I expect to see a "whoosh" emoticon in the not too distant future?

"an 18milllion fee which imo is a lot of money for a striker who has no first touch"

which is why he has won more trophies than NUFC have since the war I guess..........

and of course they were only carrying him at Liverpool, Real Madrid and the World Cups......................

We paid £ 15 million for Shearer years ago - Owen at £ 18million is a bargain compared with Crouch for £ 6 (forget the million here) or an unproven Shawn Wright Phillips for £ 22 million

"an 18milllion fee which imo is a lot of money for a striker who has no first touch"

which is why he has won more trophies than NUFC have since the war I guess..........

and of course they were only carrying him at Liverpool, Real Madrid and the World Cups......................

We paid £ 15 million for Shearer years ago - Owen at £ 18million  is a bargain compared with Crouch for £ 6  (forget the million here) or an unproven Shawn Wright Phillips for £ 22 million

17082[/snapback]

If you ask me 18million is a rip off, especially since he only moved for 8 + some shitty reserve team player. Considering Luque would have been alot cheaper he would've been a better bet financially (I'm fairly sure he'd adapt to the PL, since he isnt crap)

For that money you can get 2, possibly 3 good strikers who can find the net on a regular basis.

But we live in a world where Drogba cost 24 million now so players' values have shot up.

"I'm fairly sure he'd adapt to the PL"

but with Owen you don't have that worry..................

17091[/snapback]

With Luque you would still have some money left over to buy another striker (probably in Jan) :wink2:

17099[/snapback]

Don't fancy him one bit ;)

Pleased it collapsed

Maybe its a double swoop for Ronaldo aswell, that would explain 18mill. :wink2:

17107[/snapback]

well unfortunately even getting owen wouldnt be enough to allow us to have a 'sucessful' season as its obvious we need 2 new decent strikers!

I'm not one for slagging the other board off on here, but I've just seen a classic. Someone's started a thread about the "other striker signing in the next 24 hours" that The Chronicle are reporting. Someone's then gone on to mention the name of Owen later on in the thread, and Phil Craig has warned them not to mention Owen any more in that thread as he's being discussed elsewhere. :wink2:

I'm not one for slagging the other board off on here, but I've just seen a classic.  Someone's started a thread about the "other striker signing in the next 24 hours" that The Chronicle are reporting.  Someone's then gone on to mention the name of Owen later on in the thread, and Phil Craig has warned them not to mention Owen any more in that thread as he's being discussed elsewhere. :wink2:

17115[/snapback]

;)

Maybe its a double swoop for Ronaldo aswell, that would explain 18mill. :wink2:

17107[/snapback]

well unfortunately even getting owen wouldnt be enough to allow us to have a 'sucessful' season as its obvious we need 2 new decent strikers!

17111[/snapback]

Scousers are in for some Greek Waiter apparently

does anybody still think that he might actually sign for us then?  Wouldnt it make sense for Liverpool to take him on loan for 12 months and see how he does?

hmm roll on next season eh

17124[/snapback]

And why the hell would Real Madrid accept a Loan deal when they can have £18m there and then?! As Phil Thompson said, he may come here and enjoy it so much that he wants to stay.