owen back on

Stu_J

Oh bloody hell, which bunch of pillocks let Sky Sports line them all up in their crisp new toon tops and make them say in unison "Michael, wuz love yee, please come play for newcastle!"

:wink2:

Edited by BlueStar

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh bloody hell, which bunch of pillocks let Sky Sports line them all up in their crisp new toon tops and make them say in unison "Michael, wuz love yee, please come play for newcastle!"

17139[/snapback]

It's media law, pick the gormless looking bunch you can find and slap a camera on them.

17139[/snapback]

More of the 'hang around St James muppets?' '

Oh, some specualtion, I think I'll go and hang about SJP for the day despite the fact I'm 23.'

Edited by sweetleftpeg

I hate the way the national papers have been reporting on the whole story. I'd love it if Owen joined us just to make the media eat their words and stick in in their faces. They must be gutted that he's not going to end up at their beloved Man Utd, but for some reason they keep mentioning them. And I guess they'd be just as gutted if he ended up at Newcastle instead of Liverpool.

Paranoid, moi?

;)

17139[/snapback]

Oh, some specualtion, I think I'll go and hang about SJP for the day despite the fact I'm 23.'

17143[/snapback]

You got a wireless connection then SLP? :wink2:

;)

17139[/snapback]

17143[/snapback]

You got a wireless connection then SLP? :wink2:

17146[/snapback]

Yes. And I'm 25. ;)

One little question. IF this comes off (and it's still a bloody big if mind), would people's opinions of Shepherd & Souness change?

17150[/snapback]

Nope, it's still a depserate act and another example of the short term planning we seem to have in the board room. Only difference is, we'd be guaranteed some quality. I'd expect another half decent forward in as well, not just Owen.

One little question. IF this comes off (and it's still a bloody big if mind), would people's opinions of Shepherd & Souness change?

17150[/snapback]

Nope, it's still a depserate act and another example of the short term planning we seem to have in the board room. Only difference is, we'd be guaranteed some quality. I'd expect another half decent forward in as well, not just Owen.

17157[/snapback]

What he said.

17150[/snapback]

Not mine.

I'm still undecided on Souness mind, he's trying to get the right players in but the Fat man isn't assisting... and they're both to blame in getting shot of half our current squad for peanuts.

17150[/snapback]

Not mine.

I'm still undecided on Souness mind, he's trying to get the right players in but the Fat man isn't assisting... and they're both to blame in getting shot of half our current squad for peanuts.

17162[/snapback]

I'm hoping a lot of other people's opinions change, just for peace of mind rather than anything.

Can you imagine doing your work and some random yahoo walking past and saying "you're shit at your job, you are. Just quit! Nobody likes you." all the time? bet that would ruin your morale.

That said, if he continues in this vein, then the axe must fall.

my opinions wouldn't changea jot, this is a desperate act. We've had all summer to tie down all the players we need and yet we're still haggling over a striker, one who isn't exactly keen to join us either!

does anybody still think that he might actually sign for us then?  Wouldnt it make sense for Liverpool to take him on loan for 12 months and see how he does?

hmm roll on next season eh

17124[/snapback]

And why the hell would Real Madrid accept a Loan deal when they can have £18m there and then?! As Phil Thompson said, he may come here and enjoy it so much that he wants to stay.

17136[/snapback]

but didnt Owen say he only wanted to come to us on loan though?

17150[/snapback]

Not mine.

17162[/snapback]

You can't blame Fat Fred for the lack of signings though, his numerous bids for the likes of Anelka, Boa Morte, Luque etc have all represented a fair market value by the end of negotiations. I don't think these players are worth more than our reported final bids whether we have the money or not, we shouldn't be taken as mugs.

17150[/snapback]

Not mine.

17162[/snapback]

I'm hoping a lot of other people's opinions change, just for peace of mind rather than anything.

Can you imagine doing your work and some random yahoo walking past and saying "you're shit at your job, you are. Just quit! Nobody likes you." all the time? bet that would ruin your morale.

17166[/snapback]

trouble is mate that in my opinion it's more sheprherds fualt than Souness. He could never have expected that it would be his name pulled out of the tombola that FS was using to choose the next manager. It must be awful to know your not even thrid choice and that the only reason you Have been picked is because you're available and wouldn't turn the job down.

Souness would be a great manager to take over a Championship promotion contenders, hell even midtable championship and take them into the prem and then secure that status. He's quite simply not good enough to manage a club with the stature and expctations of Newcastle United.

Shepherd appointed Souness because he messed up the departure of Bobby, he failed to forsee the problemss in luring amanegrs away from the clubs they're at. The fat man lacks the foresight in the transfer market, he's chairman of a club that is still running in the early nineties. We have totally stagnated and for that the axe must fall squarely upon the nape of the man in charge.

My gut feeling is, he'll be at Newcastle or Real Madrid come next Friday. Liverpool don't have £18m full stop, nevermind £18m for a centre-back, right-winger & centre-forward. It's all very well him saying he wants to go back to Liverpool, but if Real Madrid don't accept it, it's tough basically, and they're hardly going to accept a Loan deal or whatever when they can make a 100% profit on him from us.

17150[/snapback]

Not mine.

17162[/snapback]

17166[/snapback]

trouble is mate that in my opinion it's more sheprherds fualt than Souness. He could never have expected that it would be his name pulled out of the tombola that FS was using to choose the next manager. It must be awful to know your not even thrid choice and that the only reason you Have been picked is because you're available and wouldn't turn the job down.

Souness would be a great manager to take over a Championship promotion contenders, hell even midtable championship and take them into the prem and then secure that status. He's quite simply not good enough to manage a club with the stature and expctations of Newcastle United.

Shepherd appointed Souness because he messed up the departure of Bobby, he failed to forsee the problemss in luring amanegrs away from the clubs they're at. The fat man lacks the foresight in the transfer market, he's chairman of a club that is still running in the early nineties. We have totally stagnated and for that the axe must fall squarely upon the nape of the man in charge.

17178[/snapback]

Fair point, fella. If the club continues to stagnate, as you put it, then by all means give the man the sack.

It's just I don't think that people are giving the man the appropriate window in which managers are judged. Don't get me worng, if the season fails to pick up after a few more games (say 7 to 10) the panic button must be indeed pushed.

Dalglish and Gullit had more time than this, and they set the club back years.

I also feel that people have made a judgement call as soon as they heard of his appointment, and aren't giving him the breathing space that is needed. However, the man's reputation does preceed him. Would you let in a dog that wasn't house trained?

As far as Sheperd goes: Couldn't give a tinkers if he went.

P.s. Please come to the club, Owen. You could be worshipped.

could be a shrewd piece of business by our freddy. on one hand it appeases the fans (albeit in a rooney bid sort of way) and he nows now that real are unlikely to accept less than £18mil off liverpool or man u, which they dont have anyway, so it limits owens options to joining us or staying at real!

I also feel that people have made a judgement call as soon as they heard of his appointment, and aren't giving him the breathing space that is needed.

17187[/snapback]

Absolutely Spot On

but didnt Owen support Everton as a boy?

16932[/snapback]

Wasn't it Fowler and Macmanaman who supported Everton and Owen (from Chester) who supported Liverpool ?

17193[/snapback]

I was reading in the paper this morning that he supported Everton as a boy, it was something Moyes was mentioning as if that would make him choose to sign for them.

I also feel that people have made a judgement call as soon as they heard of his appointment, and aren't giving him the breathing space that is needed.

17187[/snapback]

Absolutely Spot On

17192[/snapback]

First impressions count and my first impression when his name was announced s the next manager of Newcastle United was... and I quote "Shit!"

I'm all for giving a manager time to turn a struggling team into a good team, but Souness inherited what was essentially a good team, needing tinkering and clipping here and there. What Graeme has done is more BANZAI!! than Bonsai.

he's weakend our team, he's weakend our squad, he's weakend our moralse and he's made the club a fucking joke.

quite why do you want to give him any more time?

he's had a season , he's had two transfer windows, he's had time and I've had enough.

I physically cringe when he gives post match interviews.

Who's he going to blame this week? was it the ref? the bully-boy tactics? the pitch? the opposing fans? Who's to blame for your tactical and managerial ineptitude this week Graeme?

he falls out with players who have ego's.... so probably chosen the wrong career then hasn't he? you know, manageing premiership footballers who's delicate egos are so fragile some of them take to talking of seagulls in press conferences. If he wants to bollock people he should be a copper or in the army. This isn't the same game as he played, these players today have massive bank accounts, huge cars and tiny brains. They need to be maniuplated expertly with style and guile... kicking them up a height in training for disagreeing with you will not be condusive to a happy working relationship!

in short Graeme would not look out of place bollocking chavs in "Bad Lads Army" and yet looks totally out of his depth when he sitting on our nice heated bench