owen back on

Stu_J

was anyone else at st james in 94/95ish when owen played for england schoolboys and scored what he classes as his best ever goal?

17197[/snapback]

I was! Even got on TV that day as well (the kid in front of me fell asleep :wink2: ).

I watched 'Before the were famous' programme before MOTD the first day of the season and on it was a very young Michael Owen (about 15) showing the cameras round his room at Bishop Abbey. His wall was plastered in Liverpool posters and he made a point of saying he'd been offered contracts by Manure and Arsenal but Liverpool were his boyhood team.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I also feel that people have made a judgement call as soon as they heard of his appointment, and aren't giving him the breathing space that is needed.

17187[/snapback]

Absolutely Spot On

17192[/snapback]

Aye, the judgements were based on his track record though.

i can't believe people on newcastle-online are finding things to complaining about us signing owen. he's exactly what we need.

can anyone even log on over there? i keep getting all manner of error messages - this being the latest...

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

i can't believe people on newcastle-online are finding things to complaining about us signing owen. he's exactly what we need.

can anyone even log on over there? i keep getting all manner of error messages - this being the latest...

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

17222[/snapback]

I think the server problem is down to so many people wanting to whinge about the potential signing of Owen :wink2:

Connection Problems

17222[/snapback]

I think the server problem is down to so many people wanting to whinge about the potential signing of Owen :wink2:

17224[/snapback]

I'll second that, it's a waste of fucking space that thing. The toon will have won something by the time they get that piece of shit up and running properly.

I also feel that people have made a judgement call as soon as they heard of his appointment, and aren't giving him the breathing space that is needed.

17187[/snapback]

Absolutely Spot On

17192[/snapback]

Aye, the judgements were based on his track record though.

17216[/snapback]

I know! Its not like people just randomly thought he was going to be shite, it was based on his previous efforts at premiership clubs and the fact he was in the proces of helping Blackburn to relegation when we "poached" him.

And even then we were all prepared to give him a chance, to do otherwise isn't fair. But he's done everything bad that people here and from other clubs said he would and turned us into exactly what we thought he would.

I'll second that, it's a waste of fucking space that thing. The toon will have won something by the time they get that piece of shit up and running properly.

17231[/snapback]

that's quite a range

17187[/snapback]

Absolutely Spot On

17192[/snapback]

Yes, I was prejudiced against him right from the start. Then he nearly conned me with his first appearance at the BBC where he said those charming things like "it's the best squad I've ever worked with", "it's about fine tuning", "I am the most attacking minded manager this club ever had" etc. pp.

Though I rescinded my decision to give him time quickly again, because I have only seen rubbish performances. No game plan, no flair, no fitness...

Connection Problems

17222[/snapback]

17224[/snapback]

They've closed the board down because someone mentioned Owen outside of the "Official" Owen thread. They're running searches for mentions of the word Owen in all other threads and will be re-opening the board when this problem has been eradicated.

Connection Problems

17222[/snapback]

17224[/snapback]

They've closed the board down because someone mentioned Owen outside of the "Official" Owen thread. They're running searches for mentions of the word Owen in all other threads and will be re-opening the board when this problem has been eradicated.

17249[/snapback]

;)

If anybody's bored when they get the board back up how about starting a few Owen threads? ;)

Connection Problems

17222[/snapback]

17224[/snapback]

17249[/snapback]

:D

If anybody's bored when they get the board back up how about starting a few Owen threads? ;)

17254[/snapback]

Nah, zey hav vays to keep you silent. ;)

If anybody's bored when they get the board back up how about starting a few Owen threads?  :wink2:

17254[/snapback]

Just let me known if you want to REALLY upset them and I'll stoke the boiler on a Troll Train filled with "soccer sucks" yanks that I know.

Connection Problems

17222[/snapback]

17224[/snapback]

17249[/snapback]

The thing is that people have been complaining about the lack of ambition and then when its shown, its now he (Owen) is going to cost too much!

Its a no win situation, they'll just whine about everything, no matter what!

Whine?

WHINE????

Man - they're not whining - they are RAVING over there, absolutely going critical mass, China Syndrome level, gibbering crazy ......................

never seen anything like it ..................

God knows what they would have said the day we paid £ 15mm for Big Al..........

AND most of them are the sack someone/Petiton/vote brigade as well.............

Edited by Rob W

The thing is that people have been complaining about the lack of ambition and then when its shown, its now he (Owen) is going to cost too much!

Its a no win situation, they'll just whine about everything, no matter what!

17268[/snapback]

Well, I am also one who is critical about overspending, but if the club has to pay over the odds then rather for Owen than for the likes of Luis Boa Morte and Nicolas Anelka.

I understand that N Rock have been a bit cool about NUFC since Mr Dyer attempted to screw Mr Bowyers head off on prime time TV

A little bird told me the Meeja/PR man at the Rock had an interesting few minutes with the CEO.............................

There is no such thing as bad publicity but being tied to a laughing stock...........

Does anyone think this is all the club's money? Or maybe Northern Rock or Adidas (would be good for them to keep Owen in an Adidas shirt after Madrid perhaps) are helping us out?

17277[/snapback]

isn't owen's boot deal with umbro?

I understand that N Rock have been a bit cool about NUFC since Mr Dyer attempted to screw Mr Bowyers head off on prime time TV

A little bird told me the Meeja/PR man at the Rock had an interesting few minutes with the CEO.............................

There is no such thing as bad publicity but being tied to a laughing stock...........

17278[/snapback]

Publicity depts are very, very fussy about their brand logo as well. When I've worked for big companies we've been given a bible explaining what you are and aren't allowed to do with the logo. Even down to it has to be this colour, you're not allowed to put any effects on it, you can only make it black and white on a certain background, you have to clear it with marketing if you're going to use it on a letter head, or in any promo stuff you send out etc

I'm pretty sure their logo being beamed arounf the world ripped in half on the chest of a seething violent looking thug didn't go down too well.