Newcastle United v Bolton Wanderers

MattM4

Fucking hell. That was the most awful performance you can think of.

From the 13 players playing today there are only 3 actually worth keeping IMHO. Parker, Duff and N'Zogbia. You maybe can include Harper as a second keeper. The rest if fucking shite and if nothing is going to change soon we are in a very hard and long relegation fight.

Complete over-reaction.

You must have had the wrong channel on.

We have some very good players but the defence is attrocious!!! Bramble and Car in particular, we need to splash out big time on some quality players at the back, Glenn fucked up for not realising this sooner!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell. That was the most awful performance you can think of.

From the 13 players playing today there are only 3 actually worth keeping IMHO. Parker, Duff and N'Zogbia. You maybe can include Harper as a second keeper. The rest if fucking shite and if nothing is going to change soon we are in a very hard and long relegation fight.

Complete over-reaction.

Really? Please tell me what makes you think that we will start winning games soon. As in nearly every game this season we created no real goal scoring opportunity and without the lucky penalty we wouldn't have scored at all.

Douglas Hall said that we would have got relegated if he had stuck with Bobby Robson. But in those games back then we were unlucky. There was no hard luck involved today at all. We were just shite.

Good post Isegrim very good post although we do have more than three good players, they say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link we have a few weak links i.e. bramble, Car and now possibly roeder too for not sorting the defence.

Edited by TOPTOON

WHY am I being subjected to so much shite.........surely it's not some supreme power punishing me....................I'd like to know if there is a NUFC community suicide club cos I feel like killing meself...................I'm too fucking old to suffer like this. :lol:

First i'll say 2-1 was a fair result, they took their chances and we (thanks Ramage!) didn't, before i launch into what i'm about to say!

But Bolton are a fucking embarassment to football, its 90 mins of diving, rolling around like a bunch of pricks and 2-3 players permanently whinging, moaning and shouting at the referee who as ever was too spineless to sort them out. How bad does it have to be for one of their own players to go and pick up one of the cunts fannying about on the ground!!

*bangs head in frustration* Things are looking bloody grim at the moment. Its quite worrying that we're losing out to teams like Bolton and Fulham at home, especially when you're leading. I'm feeling really depressed about it all.

I got tickets ages ago for the NME Tour at Northumbria Uni, which the Fratellis are headlining. I didn't realise at the time that it would clash with the League Cup, and I was hoping to at least be drawn away. I was a bit pissed off when we got a home tie against Portsmouth, but now in a way, I'm feeling relieved that I'm missing it.

I was considering going the Man City away game as well, but I'm seriously rethinking it. Fair enough, you can't guarentee owt especially with away games but the way we're playing I can't see anything decent and it might just make me mega pissed off.

Keep this up and we'll deserve to go down.

Also, first sub-50,000 league attendance for how long? Certainly didn't happen last season.

Notice how they didn't announce this at the match? Attendance was 48,145 according to the Beeb, personally I think that is an overestimate. OK, it was a Sunday match on Sky (note also that our televised matches are against shite teams now because we are also shite), and Bolton took fuck all fans, but our utterly pathetic team is now really having a financial impact on the club.

If it continues like this for the rest of the season, we'll struggle to get more than 45,000 next year I reckon, so much for talk of a stadium expansion!

That second half was shit. Surely we can play the ball around and create some chances along the floor instead of kicking it long or trying to be too fancy dancy.

The first goal, you could say it was Carr's fault but i think it was just rather unlucky i mean that can happen to anyone and Anelka had to still centre the ball for that diver to hit home (in between Bramble and Ramage).

The second was just a total fuck up! Everyone went up to follow the ball, Moore followed his man who was Anelka but whoever was meant to be marking Diouf just completely left him and was occupied trying to header the ball away from Davies... along with 3 of his teammates.

Not only that but both goals happened within a minute of each other...

We need some defenders and some forwards to help whoever we select. Hard to comment on Martins when he has absolutely zero service from the midfield, especially in the second half.

Duff tried hard to get some crosses in but at the end of the day that second half was shit, if we didnt get that penalty we wouldnt of had basically any shots on goal and i cant recall any of our players testing Jussi.

Performance needs to certainly lift for the midweek game and the Boro game on the weekend!

I actually thought up to 10mins into the 2nd half we were pretty good against a poor side. We worked hard, moved and passed well and closed them down quickly. Also keeping them on their back foot. I "thought" that it was just a matter of time until we got a 2nd that should have secured it.

Of course, as we know what actually happened was Carr loosing his man and a player who is a horrible excuse for a human being getting in between Bramble and Moore to head the ball in, quickly followed by another and the complete collapse of our side and anything that resembled football.

It was interesting "not" to hear the attendance when it was clear that is was sub 50,000.

Thing is, its a downward trend thats been going on for a few years and will continue to do so unless they get their act together off and on the pitch.

Bolton were shit until they scored, then we were shit. I'm with JawD, we actually started the second half excellently in my opinion, before it all went spectacularly tits up.

On a related note, I hoyed my trainers at the tele last night after they decided on MOTD2 that Dioufs just a misunderstood funny fella and not a complete twat. Tossers.

I heard it quoted somewhere that it was the lowest % attendance for a league match since 1993.

Aye, that's right. I wouldn't be surprised if the figure is overstated either btw.

Re Diouf, I would be ashamed if he played for my team. If I was Allardyce I would be ashamed to pick him for my team. In fact I wouldn't even sign a player that spits on people.

I actually thought up to 10mins into the 2nd half we were pretty good against a poor side. We worked hard, moved and passed well and closed them down quickly. Also keeping them on their back foot. I "thought" that it was just a matter of time until we got a 2nd that should have secured it.

I wish I had your optimism or was as easily pleased! How can you describe us as pretty good when we hardly had a shot on target for the whole match? Let's face it, even our goal was gifted from an undeserved handball, and they had a much better shout turned down later. Add this to the goal that should have been disallowed against Everton, and it is clear that our fears we will struggle to score at all are well founded.

I thought the team was a shambles for most of yeserday, they don't seem to have any clear plan or structure, which is nor surprising considering the quality of our playing, coaching, managerial, and directorial staff. I can see us losing against Boro away now, and if we don't get 3 points against Charlton then it's officially a crisis, whatever happens in the cups. :lol:

I thought the little spell we had up until they scored was as good as I've seen us play in a while. That probably says a lot about the way we've played lately though. More depressingly, Bolton were fucking awful until they scored.

As has been said, we only scored cos we got a penalty. Aside from that, Ramage's blazed over the bar sitter, and the chance Martins had when he outpaced their two defenders and found the keeper, we never looked like scoring.

That's 2 chances on goal and a penalty in a HOME game. Jesus wept.

Well done to Harper for that double or triple save in the first half btw. :lol:

I wish I had your optimism or was as easily pleased! How can you describe us as pretty good when we hardly had a shot on target for the whole match? Let's face it, even our goal was gifted from an undeserved handball, and they had a much better shout turned down later. Add this to the goal that should have been disallowed against Everton, and it is clear that our fears we will struggle to score at all are well founded.

Well, you're right in that we showed very little in front of goal, but the way we were pressing in the 2nd half (1st 10 mins), I thought it a matter of time before we got a 2nd.

As it happened, we fell to bits from front to back. Though, for the whole game neither Shola or Martins (or later Rossi) looked like scoring. Shola is injured and offered little apart from heading the ball vertically or forward to no one. Martins again is too static and hardly in the game - though its not like we give him the right kind of service.

Meh.

A couple more examples yesterday of Martins picking the ball up, the defender dropping off him, and him laying it off instead of running at them. This was close to the box too, so he could conceivably have ended up winning a penalty if he really ran at them. But no.

If we can get Dyer back fit that's one of the real plusses in his game. Running with the ball into the box from wide positions and getting the defenders bricking it in case they make contact with him.