New back 4 needed but......

Lazarus

bramble has got to go. at fault for both goals. how many more chances does he get?

Can't blame him, his only fault is that he's fucking useless, the whole world of football can recognise it, its a shame that fucking loon of a manager can't see it too.

Bramble was awful like. Surely Taylor would have been a better option.

What a fucking surprise that is !!!!

Who'd have predicted that !

I dont think new defenders are the answer, I think the problem is with the management and coaching. It seems to me as if the defenders do not know who they should be marking or where they should be and that is the fault of the coaching staff + manager.

I dont think new defenders are the answer, I think the problem is with the management and coaching. It seems to me as if the defenders do not know who they should be marking or where they should be and that is the fault of the coaching staff + manager.

Indeed the case. Whilst they may not be the 4 greatest defenders in the world, neither are players at the likens of Bolton, Villa, Portsmouth (Campbell aside) etc. However they are well drilled, organised and coached, know what to do and when and work as a cohesive well coached unit.

Our coaches are and always have been shite because the morons who run this club have never for some reason thought coaching was of any importance and so we end up with coaches chosen because they're geordies like Lee Clark, or we haveTerry Mac who serves no useful purpose whatsoever, in fact the only thing he's "achieved" here in recent times was being Souness spin doctor and helping force Bellamy out the club.

However we do still need to buy some defenders as well!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Guest Patrokles

Disagree entirely. They know what they should be doing and who they should be marking. They just... don't do it. By they, of course, I mean Bramble.

it's been obvious for years that bramble isn't good enough. it was obvious when he played alongside o'brien. it was obvious when he played alongside boumsong.

he was an expensive mistake. he's not going to get any better at this stage of his carreer. it's time to drop him and admit we fucked up. we can't afford to keep him in the side - his mistakes contribute to too many dropped points

Its not just Bramble, Carr has been just as pathetic. Ive never seen a player loose form like he has over the last two years. He was okay when he came, solid. But now, he's probably the easiest full back to play against in the league.

Guest Patrokles

It's so worrying that we're looking at needing at least one top-drawer centre-half and a very good full-back.

I think we can blame Roeder to an extent insofar as we don't have the right personnel at the back, but I do think he's tried coaching them; they're just never, ever going to get it.

Having said that, I think that whereas it's vitally important to have real real class and talent up front and in wide areas, it's less difficult to find defenders that can at least put us in the top six bracket. You just need to look around the premiership to see that there are plenty of decent defenders around in lower leagues, abroad, etc. We just need to hope we sign one of them.

EDIT: more than one of them. :lol:

Edited by Patrokles

Guest Patrokles

Even someone like De Zeuw would make a huge difference to our back 4. And he's not even that good. :lol:

yeah yeah, that's exactly the kind of thing I mean. I mean, you look at what Robson had at his disposal defensively (and I know his team were a great attacking force too), and they did alright. The thing is, whenever they slipped up it was mainly because they were just totally outclassed (ie, Bergkamp with Dabizas), whereas at the moment they're just shooting themselves in the foot, every single game. That's what's going wrong. It's not an issue so much of ability, it's a question of concentration and application.

Attack is the best form of defence is the line they are going by so in January i expect another striker and another central midfielder with a possible addition of a left winger....