Martins

Dr Gloom

Look at Drogba, he was pretty average last season but now he has got to grips with the style of play in the premiership he is banging them in - unfortunatley.

He is adjusting to the game here and this will reap rewards. You can't just buy someone and then move them on when they show what they are capable of, now luque is a different matter. He just does not want to play, and makes excuses all the time

<_<

Compared to his form in Europe, then yes, but still one of the best strikers in the league.

Martins is nowhere near the class of Drogba sadly :lol:

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at Drogba, he was pretty average last season but now he has got to grips with the style of play in the premiership he is banging them in - unfortunatley.

He is adjusting to the game here and this will reap rewards. You can't just buy someone and then move them on when they show what they are capable of, now luque is a different matter. He just does not want to play, and makes excuses all the time

<_<

Compared to his form in Europe, then yes, but still one of the best strikers in the league.

Nowhere near the price either

<_<

Nowhere near the price either

Nowhere near the value, so it's appropriate isn't it?

I'd rather have Drogba for £24m than Martins for £10m tbh

From 19 until he was 24, Drogba was playing for Le Mans in the French second division - 64 appearances, 12 goals. It's not unknown for players to get better after 21 years of age!

<_<

Luque at Depor...

<_<

Well to start with Luque was never as good as some make out he was at Deportivo, he's also one of a small bunch of players who you know will never make it in the Premiership from the first few games you see them.

Javier Mascherano is another.

Interesting that BOTH Real Madrid and Barca went on record to say they wanted to sign Luque, but Depo refused to sell to a Spanish team. Don't let that get in your way of a good Luque slagging though.

He's been shite since he arrived here though, which is all I'm arsed about. You're only hacked off because you tipped him for greatness tbh.

Luque at Depor...

<_<

Well to start with Luque was never as good as some make out he was at Deportivo, he's also one of a small bunch of players who you know will never make it in the Premiership from the first few games you see them.

Interesting that BOTH Real Madrid and Barca went on record to say they wanted to sign Luque, but Depo refused to sell to a Spanish team. Don't let that get in your way of a good Luque slagging though.

He's been shite since he arrived here though, which is all I'm arsed about. You're only hacked off because you tipped him for greatness tbh.

Correct! :lol:

As for Martins, I think we will have to give him until the middle of next season to see exactly how he will turn out. He hasn't exactly had the best - and most settled - team behind him this season.

I still have reservations about his finishing, but I can wait until later next year to get a better impression of him.

Luque at Depor...

<_<

I certainly did. I'm more hacked off that we've lost £9m because Souness wasn't allowed to pursue Boa Morte instead, but hey.

Luque at Depor...

<_<

I certainly did. I'm more hacked off that we've lost £9m because Souness wasn't allowed to pursue Boa Morte instead, but hey.

me too, but Luque deserves the slagging off for his appalling attitude imo.

Luque at Depor...

<_<

Don't disagree with that. My post was in responce to being told that he was never any good. To be honest, I'd rather he wasn't, so that then we can blame whoever signed him, rather than himself.

Luque at Depor...

<_<

Don't disagree with that. My post was in responce to being told that he was never any good. To be honest, I'd rather he wasn't, so that then we can blame whoever signed him, rather than himself.

I didn't say he was never any good, I said he was never as good as some made out, people talked about him being the 3rd best player in Spain blah blah blah but in truth he wasn't anywhere near this standard, as far as strikers go in the Spanish league he wasn't even as good as Nihat.

Interesting that BOTH AC Milan and Barcelona have gone on record to say they're interested in signing Lucas Neill, he must be class then.

Edited by Baggio

i think everyone's willing him to do well but we're eight games in and he's registered one goal in the league.

is my knee jerking? i hope so

KNEEJERK!! :lol:

Seriously, its still early but he is starting to settle quite well

What is his personality like?

I've seen him on the pitch and he always seems to look pissed off at the piss poor efforts at passes in his direction but in his interview after the Blackburn match he looked like a shy, down to earth kind of guy.