Shepherd Out!

Scottish Mag

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one think it time to change the board.

Time after time we sit and watch him make the wrong decisions and a few "big name" signings gets us all of his back for the incompetent idiot to go on making money and errors of judgement.

Now I hope thats knee jerk and we get lucky and Glen can turn things around.

But if we dont get lucky we will see yet another manager sacked and struggle to bring in anyone, maybe even shearer himself will tell us to fuckoff, then where would we be ?

Someone's trying to start a campaign on NO. To be fair, he's going about things the wrong way - he's from Norway and anyone that challenges him gets the GO AND SUPPORT SOMEONE ELSE treatment - but I had to laugh at HTT taking the piss out of him for starting a campaign. This is the bloke that created a new forum on his website for the Hitzfeld campaign, quit his job to work on it full time, and backed a 30 page shambles of a dossier, not to mention the famous guide to north east golf courses.

Someone's trying to start a campaign on NO. To be fair, he's going about things the wrong way - he's from Norway and anyone that challenges him gets the GO AND SUPPORT SOMEONE ELSE treatment - but I had to laugh at HTT taking the piss out of him for starting a campaign. This is the bloke that created a new forum on his website for the Hitzfeld campaign, quit his job to work on it full time, and backed a 30 page shambles of a dossier, not to mention the famous guide to north east golf courses.

Be fair, it included golf courses from all over Britain.

Guest Patrokles

He's not going to sack himself.

He's not Niall Quinn.

Exactly. When you look at what other fans have done to put pressure on their boards, etc, then look at the general discontent but lack of anything concrete at SJP, coupled with Shepherd's obvious reluctance to walk, and it's never going to happen.

Booing the team (which seems to be the limit for most) isn't going to do anything. All that does it tell Shepherd that it's time to change manager. It's very counterproductive, both on performance and in terms of getting Shepherd out.

Guest Patrokles

Yeah, but I don't think he'll sack himself no matter how much pressure we put on him as fans (and I'm not sure the majority want rid, despite what the majority of people on here say).

This takeover talk coupled with significant pressure might make it more likely, though. As it is he's feeling secure in his position so can afford to reject bids out of hand. If he's made to feel less wanted, maybe he'd be more likely to take the money and run. It's obvious he's the kind of person who really wants to be loved, which would make groundswells of discontent more effective.

Edited by Patrokles

The 'Shepherd Out' banners need to better than the 'Hitzfeld for the Toon' ones though. Spray-painted bed sheets will result in the campaign being written off as the lunatic fringe.

Guest Patrokles

It's the kind of thing where you just have to hope a few people start chanting or whatever, and it just ignites and spreads. Once the discontent is actually voiced, I think things would steamroller from there. Mob mentality, and all that.

It's the kind of thing where you just have to hope a few people start chanting or whatever, and it just ignites and spreads. Once the discontent is actually voiced, I think things would steamroller from there. Mob mentality, and all that.

Why do you have to hope some people start chanting? Why don't you start chanting?

I tried to get it going at the end of Souness's first season and got ridiculed and "Your on your own"ed. I don't think we're that much worse off now.

Guest Patrokles

Why do you have to hope some people start chanting? Why don't you start chanting?

I tried to get it going at the end of Souness's first season and got ridiculed and "Your on your own"ed. I don't think we're that much worse off now.

Because I'm stuck in a hideous town with no money and a good couple of weeks before I start my job. Besides, I'm merely pointing out to those who desperately want Shepherd out that a few t-shirts sold off e-bay and complaining on a forum is going to do absolutely fuck all.

Any campaign that is done though has to be ran proerly, maybe a few people jack in their jobs and devote their lives to it.

Lets just hope nobody fucks it up with some silly pisstake :calmdown:

huh as if !

Any campaign that is done though has to be ran proerly, maybe a few people jack in their jobs and devote their lives to it.

Lets just hope nobody fucks it up with some silly pisstake :calmdown:

huh as if !

I know a german reporter maybe he could use his contacts to help it get some coverage...