Ever bought a brand new car?

bobbyshinton

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waste of money tbh. I bought two new ones (not at the same time). One was good and I never had any problems with it but the other (a Punto) was a right pile of shite and never worked properly from the day I got it. That put me off especially since you can buy older better cars for less and then lose less money on them.

I havn't, whats it like. :lol:

Buying a new car isx a mug's game. Why take the hit on the depreciation in the first year? Buy a nearly new or ex demo from the showroom, and save yourself a few grand is what I say.

Bought my Alfa Romeo as an ex-demo with only 120 miles on the clock and it was 3 months old, still got £7000 off the list price of a comparable new one. Even then, this represented bad business.

Nonono...used or nearly new (i.e. about a year old) is the way to go.

I've never bought one but have taken delivery of a brand new company car.

Nice to see a low figure on the odometer and of course that 'new car smell' is nice but apart from that I don't see the big pull. Plus (if you want the thing to last) you need to go easy on it for the first 3,000 miles.

Would never, ever buy a brand new car, it's just not worth it...

Nice to see a low figure on the odometer and of course that 'new car smell' is nice but apart from that I don't see the big pull. Plus (if you want the thing to last) you need to go easy on it for the first 3,000 miles.

I agree it just not worth it, You lose out on thousands as soon as you take the bastard

thing out of the showroom...best to wait for depreciation :lol:

I always do, never bought a new car like...

Guest Patrokles

I agree it just not worth it, You lose out on thousands as soon as you take the bastard

thing out of the showroom...best to wait for depreciation <_<

Joy-rides and hub-cap removal, on the other hand...

:lol:

I havn't, whats it like. :lol:

to be honest I bought a Fiat once, never again

Fiats are shit full stop, and so are citreons...unreliable things

Most French & Spanish make cars are just pathetic..tacky

Now I stick to Japanese or German make cars, they are bulit to last

Japenese car parts a bit expensive like.

thing out of the showroom...best to wait for depreciation :drinks:

ha ha how did you guess? BTW Im not one of those scallies <_<

Guest Patrokles

thing out of the showroom...best to wait for depreciation :naughty:

ha ha how did you guess? BTW Im not one of those scallies <_<

I know. :drinks:

thing out of the showroom...best to wait for depreciation :D

:calmdown:

ha ha how did you guess? BTW Im not one of those scallies :calmdown:

I know. ;)

Scallies, Andy McNab <_<

I know. ;)

Scallies, Andy McNab <_<

Andy Mcnab, what's he got to do with scousers??

I know. ;)

Scallies, Andy McNab <_<

Andy Mcnab, what's he got to do with scousers??

Nicholls :blush:<_<

Nope :calmdown: never would, waste of money as you lose so much so quickly. Hubby is in the garage trade anyway and gets us incredibly cheap run arounds that he literally throws away the minute they need anything major doing on them! We actually have a Laguna at present, yes its a few years old, but very good condition and cost us £280....bargain!!!

The main advantage of buying a new car I suppose is you know what you're getting, your not getting something that has been abused by a previous owner. But the depreciation is stupid like. I guess an ex-Show room car would be a good compromise, but I've never been fortunate enough to come across one of these.

Nope :calmdown: never would, waste of money as you lose so much so quickly. Hubby is in the garage trade anyway and gets us incredibly cheap run arounds that he literally throws away the minute they need anything major doing on them! We actually have a Laguna at present, yes its a few years old, but very good condition and cost us £280....bargain!!!

I have a Rover 600 that cost me £600. It's an 11 year old 'N' plate and when people laugh at my 'banger' i laugh right back at them. It was owned by an octogenarian, garaged since new and when i got it had 28k on the clock. I've had it for 2 years, haven't spent a penny in repairs on it and don't have a couple of hundred quid a month going out on a car loan.

New cars are a way to part stupid people from their money tbh.

I have a Rover 600 that cost me £600. It's an 11 year old 'N' plate and when people laugh at my 'banger' i laugh right back at them. It was owned by an octogenarian, garaged since new and when i got it had 28k on the clock. I've had it for 2 years, haven't spent a penny in repairs on it and don't have a couple of hundred quid a month going out on a car loan.

Or people who are just richer than you. :calmdown:

You might have difficulty getting parts for that Rover if anything does fo wrong mind, and it almost certainly will, being a British car.

I got my current car brand new and will get my next one brand new also. Couldn't give a shit about the depreciation, I accept how much i'm paying for it so what does it matter? Can't beat 11 miles on the clock when you pick it up tbh.

The only time I've ever had a new car is when I had a company car. It got delivered to work in an Audi truck. I was mortified. :calmdown: Reception rang my desk and I had to go outside to be greeted by this lorry. He opened the back door and reversed the car out with next to no miles on it. Nice to get a new car, but I didn't half feel like a dickhead the way it turned up.

Or people who are just richer than you. :calmdown:

You might have difficulty getting parts for that Rover if anything does fo wrong mind, and it almost certainly will, being a British car.

Monster our Laguna is 10 years old, low mileage, great condition and reliable....all for £280! Its a quality car too, not one of these new noisy, uncomfotable shoe boxes that people buy!

We got our son a peugeot (sp) 106 when he passed his test, think we got it for £300, its still going strong now!

We look at it, if you only pay a few 100's for a car that lasts a year ot two then you cant go wrong, just chuck it away if it needs money spending on it.

The only time I've ever had a new car is when I had a company car. It got delivered to work in an Audi truck. I was mortified. :calmdown: Reception rang my desk and I had to go outside to be greeted by this lorry. He opened the back door and reversed the car out with next to no miles on it. Nice to get a new car, but I didn't half feel like a dickhead the way it turned up.

Htf do you get a brand new company car when you don't even have to travel much anyway? :calmdown:

Htf do you get a brand new company car when you don't even have to travel much anyway? ;)

Because I'm MANAGEMENT, Renty baby. :calmdown:

Htf do you get a brand new company car when you don't even have to travel much anyway? ;)

Bet you'd prefer the hard cash! :D

Bet you'd prefer the hard cash! :D

I have the option. At PwC I took the company car because I was just back from America and didn't have one. At my current place, I've taken the cash instead.

RE company cars, it depends on the cash option. At my place it's far better than my mates at Uni were being offered at their companies. There's just no way I would take a company Vauxhall when I can get something else myself.

Edited by nufc4ever