Astroturf

sweetleftpeg

Anyone played on the new type of Astroturf stuff they have at Westgate? The weirdest playing surface I've ever been on. It feels 'spongy' and looks more like grass than normal astroturf. I have to play with an ankle support due to ligament problems and I could feel the pressure on my ankle from playing on this stuff, like it was ready to gan at any minute. Then one of the lads did his crucual ligaments and had to go to A&E.

Anyone played on these new fangled surfaces and like them? They've only been introduced to Westgate over the last few weeks but I'm not a fan at this present time.

Sounds better than the old stuuf down the Lightfoot. They passed it off as Turf but i swore it was 40 grade sand paper, cryed like a baby when you went down on that :wink2:

17100[/snapback]

They've condemmed the pitches at the Lightfoot. ;)

I went in and asked them about their 5-a-side leagues last year.

'The leagues have been shut down due the pitches being closed on health and safety grounds. You can still rent one though if you want to.'

'Erm...no.'

Anyone played on the new type of Astroturf stuff they have at Westgate? The weirdest playing surface I've ever been on. It feels 'spongy' and looks more like grass than normal astroturf. I have to play with an ankle support due to ligament problems and I could feel the pressure on my ankle from playing on this stuff, like it was ready to gan at any minute. Then one of the lads did his crucual ligaments and had to go to A&E.

Anyone played on these new fangled surfaces and like them? They've only been introduced to Westgate over the last few weeks but I'm not a fan at this present time.

17097[/snapback]

The little bits of rubber get everywhere too.

17097[/snapback]

17114[/snapback]

Is that a Euphe...oh never mind.

17097[/snapback]

17114[/snapback]

Aye, they're like mulched tyres or summit arent they?

Never played at 'Westgate'??? but it sounds like the same sorta stuff they have at Man City's training complex. I think it's the business-behaves much more like proper turf (bounce is nowhere near as high or as fast).

Dave-you and your mate just sound like a pair of puffs to be fair.

Never played at 'Westgate'??? but it sounds like the same sorta stuff they have at Man City's training complex. I think it's the business-behaves much more like proper turf (bounce is nowhere near as high or as fast).

17135[/snapback]

I agree with the bounce, but it just seemed weird to play on, too spongy and the first time my ankle has given me bother for awhile. The lad who did his crucial ligament is actually gay by the way. :wink2:

17135[/snapback]

I agree with the bounce, but it just seemed weird to play on, too spongy and the first time my ankle has given me bother for awhile. The lad who did his crucial ligament is actually gay by the way. :wink2:

17138[/snapback]

Limp wrists and limp ankles eh? ;)

And whats this 'crucial' ligament business? Is he a Delbert Wilkins tribute artist an all?

The lad who did his crucial ligament is actually gay by the way.  :wink2:

17138[/snapback]

Didn't realise pork knuckles played football, thats the first I've heard of it other than Fash although there are rumoured to be quite a few gays in the PL which wouldn't suprise me the way half of them mince about the pitch.

17138[/snapback]

Didn't realise pork knuckles played football, thats the first I've heard of it other than Fash although there are rumoured to be quite a few gays in the PL which wouldn't suprise me the way half of them mince about the pitch.

17223[/snapback]

I know pork knuckles stands for huckles, i.e. gays, but what's huckles derived from, out of interest?

17138[/snapback]

17223[/snapback]

I know pork knuckles stands for huckles, i.e. gays, but what's huckles derived from, out of interest?

17229[/snapback]

A vested interest?

richard1full.jpg

17138[/snapback]

17223[/snapback]

17229[/snapback]

Not sure, never really thought about it to be honest but it's been around for years

17138[/snapback]

17223[/snapback]

17229[/snapback]

Not sure, never really thought about it to be honest but it's been around for years

17251[/snapback]

Aye, I use it quite a lot. Haven't got a clue what it's from like.

Sort your avatar out fuckwit!

17242[/snapback]

Whats wrong with it like? Works fine for me!

Seriously! :wink2:

17253[/snapback]

It looks like one of those pixelated images.

Sort your avatar out fuckwit!

17242[/snapback]

Whats wrong with it like? Works fine for me!

Seriously! ;)

17253[/snapback]

It looks like one of those pixelated images.

17257[/snapback]

Thats what it looks like to me as well.

Belt Buckle is another favourite of mine :wink2:

nah, but no doubt i'll find out when we start our league in Sept, least i can plyy out this year as last season i was waiting for a toe operation so was stuck in goal all season