magpies interested in thomert

nufc1984

thomert

Newcastle are thought to be considering a move for Lens ace Olivier Thomert.

The Magpies, who have tabled a record bid for Michael Owen, are keen to bolster their attacking options after enduring a frustrating time in the transfer market.

Newcastle boss Graeme Souness has failed in his attempts to strengthen his attack after seeing moves for Luis Boa Morte and Nicolas Anelka fail to bear fruit.

Reports emanating from France suggest Souness has switched his attentions to Thomert, who has enjoyed a fine start to the season.

Souness had the player watched last weekend when Thomert scored twice in the 7-0 demolition of Auxerre and could now make a move for the versatile attacker.

Thomert, who is being tipped to break into the French national team fold, can play up front or wide on the left and Souness is thought to see him as an ideal alternative to Boa Morte.

The Frenchman is unsettled at Lens and has been continually linked with a move to The Premiership.

Thomert has previously expressed his desire to move to England and Lens are unlikely to be able to resist a big money offer for the player.

The former Le Mans ace has admitted he is unsure where his future lies with just one week left before the close of the transfer window.

"One week remains (before transfer window closes) so anything can happen," said Thomert.

"We will see where I will be earlier in September because in football everything happens quickly.

"I feel at ease here, the coach trusts me, but you never know."

its like the whole manager thing all over again! we are going to end up with our 7th or 8th choice striker to go with out 3rd choice/rate manager. cracking

17350[/snapback]

That happens all the time in life though. Why should football be any different.

I'm not doing everything I thought I'd be doing when I was a teenager, but you adapt and make the best of it. It's all about playing your hand well, not complaining about your cards.

Maybe because we miss out on Anelka, we get Owen, or if we miss out on Owen, we unearth some gem who costs fuck all who noone else wanted.

Every star was once an unknown (Arsene Wenger being the embodiment of that)

One thing that we must be wary of at the moment is the deliberate false stories being put out by NUFC to the media in order to force the hand of other selling clubs that have the players we are really after.

This guy might be a real target, but we will have to see.