Newcastle United v Fenerbahce, UEFA Cup

Gemmill

Kezman who is there lone striker ( although midfielders flood forward quickly when they are in possesion.

That's my biggest problem. They're quick to get up to support Kezman, but we're not quick enough to get up to support Martins.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kezman who is there lone striker ( although midfielders flood forward quickly when they are in possesion.

That's my biggest problem. They're quick to get up to support Kezman, but we're not quick enough to get up to support Martins.

Agreed they defend well and when attacking flood the box with options.

We have defended well tonight ton give the lads there due's, Duff looking particularly good oddly enough at LB. up front we are a bit short of idea's , maybe even more so now emre's gone off clutching his back.

A draw would be fair imo right now.

Still not good enough by us, not terrible but we should be creating alot more.

Edited by TOPTOON

Really like Taylor, attacking the corners!!!

Martins!!!!.......... off the line.........

Duff close too !

Nobby on for Zoggy WTF!!!!! No way Zoggy was looking great linking up with Duff and looked one of our best chances of a goal !!!! Gutted Glenn you dick!!!

zoggy looking better and better as time went on. He's be great the more we play him imo. Glenn being weak and bowing to the senior players imo

Martins again..... saved!!

RATINGS

HARPER 6.5 - good but didn't have an awfull lot to do

DUFF 8 - Amazingly great at LB brealing forward well and linking up well!

TAYLOR 7 - One or two slips but got away with it, otherwise very good!

RAMAGE 9 - Pretty much faultless, very solid if he's have scored he'd have a 10

CAR 7 - Not a Car fan but good game organization seemed good.

MILNER 7 Decent but nothing all that fantastic.

PARKER - 7 see Milner

EMRE 6 - picked up a few knocks early on and struggled with them before being taken off.

ZOGGY 8 - looked back to his best and getting better before being Subbed, also got stuck in

MARTINS 7 Full of effort and graft.

SIB 7 - Got clattered alot and pounced to score

Subs

But - 7 Decent shift

Ameobi - 6 Nothing bad nothing all that good either

RATINGS

HARPER 6.5 - good but didn't have an awfull lot to do

DUFF 8 - Amazingly great at LB brealing forward well and linking up well!

TAYLOR 7 - One or two slips but got away with it, otherwise very good!

RAMAGE 9 - Pretty much faultless, very solid if he's have scored he'd have a 10

CAR 7 - Not a Car fan but good game organization seemed good.

MILNER 7 Decent but nothing all that fantastic.

PARKER - 7 see Milner

EMRE 6 - picked up a few knocks early on and struggled with them before being taken off.

ZOGGY 8 - looked back to his best and getting better before being Subbed, also got stuck in

MARTINS 7 Full of effort and graft.

SIB 7 - Got clattered alot and pounced to score

Subs

But - 7 Decent shift

Ameobi - 6 Nothing bad nothing all that good either

Missed out Nobby, who IMO did shite, well his distribution was atleast. I also think Taylor didn't do well, was turned inside out off Kezman.

Edited by Besty

Harper 6

Carr 7

Taylor 4 Rather have Titus on this form :)

Ramage 8

Duff 6

Zog 7

Parker 6

Emre 6

Milner 5 Reminds me of why i thought he was ordinary

Sibs 6

Martins 5

Solano 4

Butt 6

Shola 5

Frankly, i thought Fene looked a better team. Glad we were lucky enough to win.

Edited by Missed Sticks

I thought the back four coped very well tonight, there was an air of confidence between them that is all too absent when Bramble is there and Ramage is at Leftback, I was impressed with Martins, I thought he is growing more accustomed to "English" style football, I still think the service was poor, he was isolated at times and needed to come too deep.

Personally, I was happy with the performance tonight, we absorbed them very well, and was a welcomed clean sheet and three points.

HARPER 8- Brave to play a full 90 mins unfit.

DUFF 7-Tried his best in an unfamiliar role

TAYLOR 5- Would have been found out had Kezman not been utter wank

RAMAGE 8- Looked far more comfortable at CB, and marshalled the defence with maturity

CARR 7- A bit better than of late

MILNER 5- Tried to copy Duff/Ronaldo but without any success. A let down.

PARKER 6- Nothing special until Emre went off.

EMRE 5- Lacked purpose and vision & hindered the whole midfied. A drifter.

ZOGGY 6- Out of sorts until too late

MARTINS 6- Disappointing. Seems to work on reactions rather than a genuine striker's instict.

SIB 8- Battled hard throughout, wasn't fazed by the rough handling of the Turks.

Subs

BUTT 7- Settled the midfield with experience and maturity.

AMEOBI 6- Nowt special

NOBBY 5- His passing seems to get worse and worse with every game. A concern.

Well as Isegrim said its job done but we didn't play well and i haven't enjoyed watching a game at St. James in ages.

A word for Sibierski though. He was obviously a last minute panic buy, but when he's played he does a job and everythign that's asked of him. He offers a physical presence up front, fights for headers and takes a battering. He is pretty neat and tidy with his distribution and flick ons and he's scored 2 match winners. Obviously he isn't a world beater but i think he's done what's been asked of him pretty well.

More crap decision making in tonights match when Milner had spent the first half crossing terribly in his correct position with his stronger right foot so Roeder takes of Zog (a natural left winger) to stick Milner out of position there where he predictably spent his time cutting inside and dragging the ball onto his right foot to wasteyet more crosses.

Its a basic of football that you play people in their correct position where you, they and the team benefit the most, unless you have no choice, its so simple!