The trouble with NUFC isn't FFS,GS or AS......

Ketsbaia's Mobile

If our fans are so wonderful, why is it that our ground is SO FUCKING QUIET. The visitors make more bloody noise.

17849[/snapback]

It's directly linked to what's happening on the pitch. Simple as.

17865[/snapback]

NO IT ISN'T.

You can tell that the players are too nervous to play. It's intimidating. It's like everyone's happier when we're doing shit 'cause then they can vent the anger built up in their miserable lives.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM.

It is a risk, because you invest YOUR goodwill before you get the payback, but it's the only way it will work. I PROMISE YOU I'M RIGHT.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If our fans are so wonderful, why is it that our ground is SO FUCKING QUIET. The visitors make more bloody noise.

17849[/snapback]

17865[/snapback]

NO IT ISN'T.

You can tell that the players are too nervous to play. It's intimidating. It's like everyone's happier when we're doing shit 'cause then they can vent the anger built up in their miserable lives.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM.

It is a risk, because you invest YOUR goodwill before you get the payback, but it's the only way it will work. I PROMISE YOU I'M RIGHT.

17882[/snapback]

Mate, you are talking crap if you think the atmosphere in the stands has nothing to do with the uninspiring turd that is being served up on the pitch. The fans are guilty of impatience, but the players are equally guilty of incompetence that greatly exacerbates the impatience.

17849[/snapback]

17865[/snapback]

NO IT ISN'T.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM.

17882[/snapback]

I could take the piss, but quite frankly, in this thread, you're giving it away.

The club is being run well.

17346[/snapback]

comical_ali.jpg

17863[/snapback]

First laugh of the day, cheers :D

17890[/snapback]

Yeah - he beat me to it. I was looking around for a pic of the Iraq information minister when I finally got one, there it is. Might try to alter my pic of the Saddam picture behind him to be Shepherd and the minister's as Souness.....(not that good at Photoshop though - lot of lads on here and the old board much better)

Ok.

Why do YOU all think we haven't won anything since 1969.

ostrich.gif

17900[/snapback]

Mismanagement mainly, coupled with bad luck at some crucial moments. Not the fans.

Ok.

Why do YOU all think we haven't won anything since 1969.

ostrich.gif

17900[/snapback]

Jesus, the fans have run out of patience in the last couple of seasons with severe incompetence at board level (Douglas Hall) but you're blaming them for nearly 40 trophiless years?!

You've got it the wrong way around by the way - that picture should be your avatar.

You guys are so pessimistic.

Do you ever wonder if that filters through to the players?

17412[/snapback]

I don't give a f*ck they get paid millions. If it was up to me it would be legal to kneecap arsehole players who f*ck fans about.

17418[/snapback]

They get paid what they can get and you'd do exactly the same if you could.

I'm serious, this club has a f*cking shroud of gloom hanging over it. It's only the fans who ultimately can lift it.

The players will move on but your club is what you make it.

At the moment, most of the negativity is coming from this side of the white line.

17434[/snapback]

FFS we are nearly into our fourth game this season, we have had one shot on target, now I call THAT negativity

Surely the net result of the club being run well would be good results on the pitch? Or am I missing something?

17923[/snapback]

Yes, you have, clearly. The fans arnt as good as makums. I'm sure that's what's coming.

Edited by DotBum

It's a well known fact the geordie public will cheer attacking, flair, creativity, pace, goal scorers,

They will not cheer a rabble who can't string three forward passes together.

Look at the folk who become proper legends at this club and cult heroes - Milburn ( "the most exciting thing I've seen on a pitch" - Stokoe), MacDonald, Keegan, Beardsley, Shearer, Ginola, Gascoigne, Asprilla, Ferdinand, need I continue (I'm sure someone else could provide a better list of examples)? It works with other sports as well - look at the excitement Freddie Flintoff produces in the crowd and then the other players feed on that.

You may say the crowd has to cheer the team to get them going and start playing good football, I agree that players (good players, flair players) feed on the atmosphere the crowd provides, but there has to be a ignition, a spark to get the crowd going first. The crowd doesn't get excited from the team playing backwards football, and geeing them up with a bit of local hero isn't going to cut it. The chairman must realise this, Sir John certainly did so you'd think his sackless son would have picked it up and the ringpiece that is Shepherd may have heard about the crowd bouncing along to flair, creative flowing football. For christs sake just buy someone with a bit of flair, Freddie and give the public something to shout about.

17849[/snapback]

17865[/snapback]

NO IT ISN'T.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM.

17882[/snapback]

People wont sing and cheer if they've got nothing to sing or cheer about and at the moment we haven't. If our players are too nervous to go out and perform because they've got 52'000 Geordies baying for blood after nearly a year of substandard performances that they are in the wrong profession. Fans accepting mediocrity can kill a club outright. If we don't moan and get angry at the performances on the pitch and put some pressure on the arseholes in charge nothing will ever change.

It's a well known fact the geordie public will cheer attacking, flair, creativity, pace, goal scorers,

They will not cheer a rabble who can't string three forward passes together.

Look at the folk who become proper legends at this club and cult heroes - Milburn ( "the most exciting thing I've seen on a pitch" - Stokoe), MacDonald, Keegan, Beardsley, Shearer, Ginola, Gascoigne, Asprilla, Ferdinand, need I continue (I'm sure someone else could provide a better list of examples)?  It works with other sports as well - look at the excitement Freddie Flintoff produces in the crowd and then the other players feed on that.

You may say the crowd has to cheer the team to get them going and start playing good football, I agree that players (good players, flair players) feed on the atmosphere the crowd provides, but there has to be a ignition, a spark to get the crowd going first. The crowd doesn't get excited from the team playing backwards football, and geeing them up with a bit of local hero isn't going to cut it. The chairman must realise this, Sir John certainly did so you'd think his sackless son would have picked it up and the ringpiece that is Shepherd may have heard about the crowd bouncing along to flair, creative flowing football.  For christs sake just buy someone with a bit of flair, Freddie and give the public something to shout about.

17964[/snapback]

It's chicken and egg though. If the players feel like the crowd is hostile the players will wilt like an erection in an old peoples home.

Even when the team are winning, I don't think the crowd are confident and loud enough.

We can go round all day. I think a lot of the problem is the crowd's expectation for something to go wrong. You think it stems from the players.

I can't really see us getting any further with it all.

"Even when the team are winning, I don't think the crowd are confident and loud enough."

Can you remember what the crowd are like when the team are winning? Robert was the last player in a black and white shirt to score at St James.

Fucking bollocks. Obviously that's jst a fan's opinion.

17981[/snapback]

And we disagree. Just another fans opinion.

17987[/snapback]

Surely you're to blame though, being a fan.

Fucking bollocks. Obviously that's jst a fan's opinion.

17981[/snapback]

And we disagree. Just another fans opinion.

17987[/snapback]

Surely you're to blame though, being a fan.

17988[/snapback]

I never said the problem was the fans.

I said the problem was the negative hysterical fans.