NUFC V Bolton

Dude

No, I think the Gullit legacy will be completed by whoever Shepherd appoints as the next manager. Whoever it is (and it won't be anyone good) will do what Gullit, Dalglish and Souness couldn't and that's relegate us.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when we were unhappy at finishing 5th and getting to the semi finals of the UEFA Cup? Bet all those who booed at the Wolves game now feel stupid.

17572[/snapback]

The team was visibly rotting before our eyes. Dont kid yourself that we were good. We bloody well WERE NOT. How the hell we got to 5th is a mystery. We didnt deserve it, thats for damn sure. It was only the other teams below were just as bad and less lucky.

I think we are doing a dogleash and Gullit put together era.

17584[/snapback]

Correct. He has combined Dogleash's mind numbingly depressing football and lack of creativity and goals, with Gullit's childish falling out with players and making the club a mess.

Remember when we were unhappy at finishing 5th and getting to the semi finals of the UEFA Cup? Bet all those who booed at the Wolves game now feel stupid.

17572[/snapback]

The team was visibly rotting before our eyes. Dont kid yourself that we were good. We bloody well WERE NOT. How the hell we got to 5th is a mystery. We didnt deserve it, thats for damn sure. It was only the other teams below were just as bad and less lucky.

17588[/snapback]

Compared to now, we were Barcelona!

17572[/snapback]

17588[/snapback]

That argument is nonsense, the whole point of a league is that it goes for a whole season and you end up where you deserve after your efforts that year unlike cups where a run of a few game can win it.

You even say it yourself! The teams below us were bad, we were better and deserved to finish where we did. Saying they were less lucky than us is laughable with the ammount of shit we get dealt.

League means you finish where you deserve, thats the point. The only possible exception are when you have a season of being shafted by refs whilst your rivals for the title get every decision going, but we don't want to think of thats eason again its too depressing!

According to Talksport:

Bolton fans were heard chanting "You're getting sacked in the morning, sacked in the morning...."

Feck me that was painful to watch.

Half the team looked totally disinterested, Shearer had one decent shot but was just head down and scowls for the rest of it, Souness and Saunders looked resigned and broken. On top of that Bolton were showboating and might easily have scored more than 2. Shambles.

Not surprised and not particularly angry, just numb and thoroughly disgusted at those who have continued to back the fuckers for so long. :D

Edited by Bottled Dog

Well I just got back and thought I should pen some of my first reactions...

That is about as good as we are ever going to play with the same players and manager. Sorry its just the facts.

Davies was practically anonimous and that kind of gift will not be offered when we face the red manc scum on the weekend. I originally predicted a 4-0 loss, but I am now tempted to say 5 or 6.

Babayaro has improved. Shocking I know but the WHam game was much much worse for him - he gave the winger less space and did not try to sprint his way out of things.

Shearer was just not making it happen. He should be benched for the ManU game... but the reality is we have no one to replace him. The othe roptions may give us more mobility but since Ameobi and Milner can't hold onto the ball I am not sure what the point would be. I can see benching SHearer to avoid him being humiliated on world wide telly and possibly to shield him from blame... but thats it.

I have been on the fence about Ameobi for years but now I see that his first touch will never improve and the only way he is going to do a job for us is if we are relegated. I think with his skills he could help us earn promotion - but he should be replaced by someone better.

We had four geordies on the pitch today playing for us (Taylor, Shearer, Clarkie, Ameobi) and it helped us not at all. Bowyer played his heart out and I have to say I saw lots of passion from Taylor and Clark as well - this is not enough for us to survive in the Prem and we need more changes. I have said this before and I will say it again - Taylor is a red card waiting to happen. I accept this and I would keep him in the team, but it will end in tears for him on more than one game this season.

Carr needs replacing. His first touch is about as good as Ameobi. The only positive I can find from his game is that he is not afraid to run into space and try to move it up rather than hoof it. But it ends there. He does not get back fast enough and when he mis hit the ball out he balmed the linesman everytime. He also looks disparigingly at the other defenders when we concede partly because he was not getting back fast enough. Fair enough he headed one off the line tonight - but that was just him doing his job. Carr is slow and shows a lack of leadership.

We will probably pick up a bit after the ManUre loss.

My current feeling: Calm dispair.

We'll get beat 2-0 - hate to say it but we ARE crap.

15/2 at the bookies anarl

17383[/snapback]

Every cloud has a silver lining!

Thats a third of my season ticket payed for in 2 shite games.

Tenner on 3-0 to Man U on Sunday.

17676[/snapback]

10/1 on ladbrokes.com, how far back have we come

17383[/snapback]

17676[/snapback]

Congrats UM.

You're going to lose the ManUre bet though. They are going to beat us by at least 4.

17383[/snapback]

17676[/snapback]

Congrats UM.

You're going to lose the ManUre bet though. They are going to beat us by at least 4.

17681[/snapback]

Believe it or not, I'm pissed off and sickened at we've become. Perhaps I was one of many who saw this coming from day 1 under Souness.

I hate to say it but I hope Man U fucking slaughter us on Sunday. We need Souness out ASAP - We'll die under him.

If anyone didn't see the full 90 tonight then you'll have to accept that the players looked clueless, hapless and devoid of anything positive.

What makes it worse is that them same players should be making easy work of the likes of West Ham and a one dimensional and ordinary Bolton.

We lost our wing play for a packed midfield - it's shite and Shearer is nothing but an ornament without wingers.

Yeah....the good old days :D .....loved them! :D

I'm so pissed off right now. :icon_lol:

Well what a load of fuckin bollocks that was, the only positive to come out of it was all the anti-shepherd songs (which will have nee fuckin effect like). We're going to get absolutley cunted against the mancs if we play like that again.

Well what a load of fuckin bollocks that was, the only positive to come out of it was all the anti-shepherd songs (which will have nee fuckin effect like). We're going to get absolutley cunted against the mancs if we play like that again.

17837[/snapback]

Agree. It was an absolute embarrassment last night. From top to bottom our club is a shambles and at the moment I don't see a way out of it.

We've got a woefully small and poor squad thanks to players being sold before replacements are in. This is no way to ruin a business. You would not find any other plc run in this way - getting rid of staff who you feel are underperforming without having already sought out replacements.

After last night's performance Amdy Faye should never pull on a Toon shirt again. I convinced that he's pulled a fast one a bit like George Weah's "cousin" did a few years ago. There's no way he's a footballer surely?

And Jenas?! I'll drive the useless get to Tottenham myself!

So many negatives last night and in my eyes not one single positive.

At least the night ended off ok after we stopped off for some of the best fish and chips in the world at the Wetherby Whaler on the way back!