Best thing that could happen at the moment

aimaad22

Roeder resigns, which gives Fat Fred a huge shock since he doesnt have any Geordie/English replacements lined up. Fat Fred chokes on his big mac on hearing the news, his face slips on the pen which was sitting on his desk, and he ends up cancelling the contracts of bramble, carr, ameobi and butt by accident(which he had been reviewing then). The backroom staff get so takenaback by the news that the players they've worked so hard now are gone, that they leave as well.

We get rid of the rubbish :o

we cant just sack the manager everytime we have some bad results, come on for gods sake have some faith.

In what, exactly? Anyway, I'd rather keep my reason.

we cant just sack the manager everytime we have some bad results, come on for gods sake have some faith.

We've lost 6 out of the first 9. The man didn't sign any defenders in the summer and he can't coach the ones we've got to anything above schoolyard level. His coaching team is a fucking mess and he spashed £10m on someone that I don't think he has a clue how to use to the best of his ability.

If we persevere with him we could end up in BIG trouble.

We've lost 6 out of the first 9. The man didn't sign any defenders in the summer and he can't coach the ones we've got to anything above schoolyard level. His coaching team is a fucking mess and he spashed £10m on someone that I don't think he has a clue how to use to the best of his ability.

Oh and I forgot - he's trying to tell us that Stephen Carr is in the form of his life and gives us a performance every time he takes to the field. Unless he forgot to preface performance with "fucking shit", he's an idiot.

Oh and I forgot - he's trying to tell us that Stephen Carr is in the form of his life and gives us a performance every time he takes to the field. Unless he forgot to preface performance with "fucking shit", he's an idiot.

:o And to think you used to be the eternal optimist, what the FUCK happened?

Graeme Souness has a lot to answer for.

Edited by ObaGol

:icon_lol: They've just had the table up on Sky - 2 points off relegation and 3 points off bottom. <_<

:icon_lol: They've just had the table up on Sky - 2 points off relegation and 3 points off bottom. <_<

And just in case anyone wants to claim it's early days, a QUARTER of the season is now gone pretty much, and we've got 7 points from it. Allow this to go on too much longer in the name of faith, and the situation could be irretrievable. We aren't winning at home and we aren't winning away. You need to be doing one on a regular basis to get out of the shit.

:o They've just had the table up on Sky - 2 points off relegation and 3 points off bottom. :icon_lol:

And just in case anyone wants to claim it's early days, a QUARTER of the season is now gone pretty much, and we've got 7 points from it. Allow this to go on too much longer in the name of faith, and the situation could be irretrievable. We aren't winning at home and we aren't winning away. You need to be doing one on a regular basis to get out of the shit.

And to get out of the shit come the new year you have to buy quality players, none of which are willing to come when you're staring relegation in the face.

Very well said, though wasn't it you who thought Souness should have had two years, or something similar?

Roeder has no clue how to handle players. His previous track record is enough for us to gather he simply cannot manage, plus he stated he wasn't up the job himself, but he still got appointed. Roeder and Shepherd are both pathetic. It would be unfair to say Roeder needs a whole to clear up Souness' mess, as we've now reached the point where's it all Roeder's fault, and I'm now starting to remember at times, how well the team could play. He was still awful mind.

He just hates the man who replaced his Graeme. :icon_lol:

Very well said, though wasn't it you who thought Souness should have had two years, or something similar?

Roeder has no clue how to handle players. His previous track record is enough for us to gather he simply cannot manage, plus he stated he wasn't up the job himself, but he still got appointed. Roeder and Shepherd are both pathetic. It would be unfair to say Roeder needs a whole to clear up Souness' mess, as we've now reached the point where's it all Roeder's fault, and I'm now starting to remember at times, how well the team could play. He was still awful mind.

What's your point re Souness? Souness was actually a more accomplished manager than Roeder, and had a record of at least SOME success.

Edited by Gemmill

What's your point re Souness? Souness was actually a more accomplished manager than Roeder, and had a record of at least SOME success.

I just thought you said you would always give a manager a chance of at least two years. Apologies if this is wrong.

I just thought you said you would always give a manager a chance of at least two years. Apologies if this is wrong.

Not always, no. The issue with Souness was that people wanted him gone the minute he took the job on. Before we'd even played a game, he was a candidate for the sack. Then he started off ok and still people wanted him to get the sack. At that point I said that he deserved time (at least one full season I think was what I said). But with Roeder, he has no record of success anywhere, and a horrible record of taking clubs to the brink of relegation. Now, in the past I've said that it was unfair to say that about him, but I'm not really interested in testing whether it is or isn't unfair this season.

That is true. Souness did a good job for a period of time at Blackburn, and had won the League Cup, which to be fair is more than what Roeder has done. I didn't jump on the bandwagon myself, but came to viewpoint he should be sacked not long into last season.

As I've already stated Roeder has no clue how to manage a club, so our chances of success with him are non-existent.

Not always, no. The issue with Souness was that people wanted him gone the minute he took the job on. Before we'd even played a game, he was a candidate for the sack. Then he started off ok and still people wanted him to get the sack. At that point I said that he deserved time (at least one full season I think was what I said). But with Roeder, he has no record of success anywhere, and a horrible record of taking clubs to the brink of relegation. Now, in the past I've said that it was unfair to say that about him, but I'm not really interested in testing whether it is or isn't unfair this season.

Hmmm, well, I think I can remember the two year quote Gemmill - howay man, we argued about it for 6 months! Anyway, that's in the past.

Both Souness and Roeder were gobsmackingly bad appointments for us. I'm really not sure if the club will survive in the premiership with two consecutive shit managers. Trouble is, Shepherd has burnt most his bridges regarding other managers, or watched them disappear to other clubs. Who's going to come here now? If Shearer turns us down, we're fucked. Even if he comes, we may be fairly fucked.

Hmmm. Curbishley?

Its not Roeder that needs to go.

Its that Fat Fucker Fat Freddy Fucking Sheperd Fat Fucking Fat Fat

whats happening to this football club? (again)

:o

Whilst I am not an admirer nor advocate of Fat Freddy I think some of the bitterness is mis-directed.

Sure, his tight-arsed purse-strings, lack of vision and enterprise in the close season are responsible in part for the situation we are in now but the week by week tinkering with the players available and team selections are not part of his agenda. It's up to Roeder, McDermott, and all the others responsible for getting it right on the pitch, and they're not doing it, not by a long shot.

Already too many games have been lost that should have been won and today was no exception.