If Roeder left tomorrow..

Scottish Mag

Shearer & Beardsley dream team anyone? :o

Aye, on the pitch....

Be nice to presume it could carry on for the management side of things too but yep, that's a big bundle of straws.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scolari's contracted till 2008.

With whom? Portugal?

Aye.

He must have a get out clause if Ingerrrrrrland were thinking about hiring him.

Actually forget that knowing the FA (could read NUFC here) they would be more than likely to pay above the odds to hire a manager - only thing is he isn't shit enough to qualify.

I noticed no-one has commented on the rumour about Hiddink being parked in Russia by Abramovich in preparation for the special one to be moved on, in another thread.

Maybe if we could get the spin doctors working hard (pud what you doing for the next week or three) we could get Mourinho paranoid enough to pull the pin on chelski and finally join the toon.

I believe there is a certain Swedish bloke currently out of a job.

I'm not joking either, I reckon Freddie will hoy a big money contract at him in an act of desperation. Suddenly the players will stop inviting their wifes to the official functions.

I think Shepherds gotta go if/when Roeder resigns/is sacked. This was the last gamble really after he messed up badly with Souness. Shepherd thinks he's in a presidential role not as a chairman and wants to be in the limelight too much. Time now for him to go and let someone else take over

Only then may we see a change in NUFCs fortune

Shepherd's last appointment will be Shearer. IPSO-EGGSINTOONEBASKET-LASTCHANCESALOON-GEORDIENATION-BRASSSTATUEOUTSIDEOFGROUND-FACTO!

I'm not joking either, I reckon Freddie will hoy a big money contract at him in an act of desperation. Suddenly the players will stop inviting their wifes to the official functions.

But if they fuck the secretary they become teacher's pet!!!

If you ever wanted to see a manager that needs a cheque book to succeed, I give you Sven. :o

firing Roeder won't make Ameobi or Martins into PL strikers or speed Dyer & Owen's return

we are STUFFED

dont you think a decent manager can get the best out of his players though? I think if martins was at a club like chelsea with him playing behind drogba he'd looked a different player tbh.

At least Shearer wouldn't take any of Freddy's interference, but that is also probably why he wouldn't go near the job. We need a big name manager who knows he doesn't have to bow to the chairman's wishes and unlike Roeder doesn't believe that this is his last big chance at a decent job.

Would also give Shepherd the perfect opportunity to his Hollywood-style Beckham signing.

What is really depressing is that we've somehow went backwards from the debacle that was Souness, Murray & Saunders. To go from those 3, to Roeder, Pearson & McDermott...f*cking depressing. Bring back the other 3 any day over this lot.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Reckon Fred currently has his PA looking through all available managers fanily trees to find out if any of their relatives once visited Tyneside.

A breeding ground for c**ts and tw*ts if ever I heard one... :o

Scolari's contracted till 2008.

With whom? Portugal?

Aye.

He must have a get out clause if Ingerrrrrrland were thinking about hiring him.

Actually forget that knowing the FA (could read NUFC here) they would be more than likely to pay above the odds to hire a manager - only thing is he isn't shit enough to qualify.

I noticed no-one has commented on the rumour about Hiddink being parked in Russia by Abramovich in preparation for the special one to be moved on, in another thread.

Maybe if we could get the spin doctors working hard (pud what you doing for the next week or three) we could get Mourinho paranoid enough to pull the pin on chelski and finally join the toon.

Didn't Scolari sign his two year deal after the link to the England job happened? :o

When I desperately wanted the tosser out last season I was always for interim solution, because it is very rare that you get those candidates you want in mid-season. The thing is that then we had someone among the staff who I felt would at least could do it short term. Now we are not only to the bare bones when it comes to decent players, but also in respect to the managing staff.

Of course there are still some capable manager available who have at least a huge reputation. Hitzfeld, van Gaal, Adriaanse, Olsen, to a lesser extent Laudrup who is still unproven internationally. I can't see any British manager that suits me at the moment tbh.