The Ipswich fans at work are seething!!

Craig

They've just got this newsletter in their email:

Jim Interested in Titus

24 October 2006 10:13 GMT

Boss Jim Magilton says he would be interested in signing former team-mate Titus Bramble should the defender become available. Reports over the weekend claimed the Magpies would allow the former England U21 international to leave St James' Park for £500,000 in January.

While that fee, and Bramble's Premiership wages, would be well the Blues, Magilton says he would take the Town academy product on loan: "If there was a possibility of signing Titus I would do it right now. He is a quality defender who is playing at Premiership level and we know all about him."

Magilton says there have been no talks regarding the man signed from Town by Sir Bobby Robson for £4.5 million in the summer of 2002, but would speak to Glenn Roeder should the reports of his availability prove to be true and the player was interested in a return to Portman Road.

Source: http://www.twtd.co.uk

What mustn't be lost sight of is that a pair of central defenders (Boumsong & Bramble) which collectively cost us £13m are likely to only return us £3.8m

So they've cost us over £9m - GREAT business Fred :(

What mustn't be lost sight of is that a pair of central defenders (Boumsong & Bramble) which collectively cost us £13m are likely to only return us £3.8m

So they've cost us over £9m - GREAT business Fred :o

Should that not be great business SBR and Sourmess? :(

So they've cost us over £9m - GREAT business Fred :o

Should that not be great business SBR and Sourmess? :(

I'm talking about the outlay tbh - I think £3.8m is probably market value for those two donkeys.

Shepherd would have agreed to pay the amounts he did.

So they've cost us over £9m - GREAT business Fred :blush:

Should that not be great business SBR and Sourmess? :o

I'm talking about the outlay tbh - I think £3.8m is probably market value for those two donkeys.

Shepherd would have agreed to pay the amounts he did.

Simply backing his managers :(

Same here, its been great at work today, its an even split between Ipswich and Norwich fans and the pisstaking has been fantastic !

I'd maybe blame Shepherd for the Boumsong price, although it was at a time we were being over-priced for every defender we went for (Distin £6m, Upson £5m), but the Bramble one was down to Robson.

I'd blame Souness and Robson respectively tbh.

From the beeb:

Bramble, 25, who joined Newcastle from the Suffolk club in 2002, will not be given a new Magpies contract when his deal expires at the end of the season.

Have I missed something here? When was it announced he wouldn't be offered a new contract? I thought Roeder was going on only last week about Bramble getting a new contract?