Beckham £5Million

@yourservice

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The deal would pay for itself tbh. Doubt it'll happen but I would love to see him here.

I wouldn't. I'd rather spend the £5m or whatever on defenders. Trust Shepherd to at least try to get Beckham though - trophysigningtastic.

Edited by Bombadil

The deal would pay for itself tbh. Doubt it'll happen but I would love to see him here.

I wouldn't. I'd rather spend the £5m or whatever on defenders. Trust Shepherd to at least try to get Beckham though - trophysigningtastic.

I wouldn't want him here at the expense of signing defenders, but that wouldn't have to be the case imo.

I can see Villa being linked. Would be just the sort of signing Randy Lerner would be looking at to prove he means business there.

He wouldnt dare take on the fifth best club in England though, if it came to a straight two horse contract race. :(

Same aye, love to see him, not sure why he would come at the minute, but would be far too much of a luxury when we need so much more first.

I wouldn't want him here at the expense of signing defenders, but that wouldn't have to be the case imo.

We'd never sign a winger in lieu of defenders...... :(

I don't know why everyone goes on about us needing defenders though (which we do) when the stats show we need goal scorers even more. Assuming cash is limited (which I am sure it is), buying Beckham would be madness. How is he going to pay for himself btw? You'd need to sell 40,000 extra replica shirts every month of his contract just to cover his salary - it's not going to happen.

You'd need to sell 40,000 extra replica shirts every month of his contract just to cover his salary - it's not going to happen.

That would mean he was on £400,000 a week. (10,000 shirts a week @ £40 each = £400,000).