Alan Pardew

janu

saw an interesting comparison by a guy called rexn between hughton's last 7 and pardews first 7 (if we discount liverpool, as he had less than 24 hours with team)

hughton's last 7: W2 D2 L3 F12 A11 - these involved a derby, playing 2 champions league contenders, and a team pushing for europe

Pardew's first 7: W2 D2 L3 F10 A10 - these involved a derby, playing 3 champions league contenders, and a team in league 2

also, in 3 of pardew's 7 games we've conceded after 90 minutes.

Nothing to do with Losing Carrol and Tiote then?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw an interesting comparison by a guy called rexn between hughton's last 7 and pardews first 7 (if we discount liverpool, as he had less than 24 hours with team)

hughton's last 7: W2 D2 L3 F12 A11 - these involved a derby, playing 2 champions league contenders, and a team pushing for europe

Pardew's first 7: W2 D2 L3 F10 A10 - these involved a derby, playing 3 champions league contenders, and a team in league 2

Personally i think discounting games is bollocks, you can't pick and choose which games you want, to prove a point, you could say that the late goals conceded are down to Houghtons lack of fitness building within the team and the players blowing out their asses after 75 mins

Pardews tally after 8 games was W3, D2, L3

I'm just abit "Meh" about Pardew atm (Probably because i loved Chris) I'm waiting to see what the end of season brings and how he acts in this transfer window

7/10

So far so good for me.

Has hit the ground running and coped well given the circumstances of his arrival and the fact that his own career had stuttered so badly.

Hearing players comments in the press would suggest he is having a positive impact on training. (I particularly like the way we have started to try new things at free kicks).

I am also pleased that he is getting our current squad tied down.

I think the communication with the journalist, and so us, is better than it has been since Keegan.

The bottom line will be whether this "Kernt" that people talk about will appear once he has his feet under the table.

Hopefully he has learnt from his mistakes and realises what a magnificent opportunity he now has.

No need for you to respond CT. Your positive spin on any and every event, even stretching so far as to contradict your own initial gut reaction has given you a Comical Ali persona. When everything is brilliant you can't really be constructive.

Which bit is the spin?

The players positive comments re the improvements in training?

Tying down Ben Arfa, Barton etc?

Improved communications with the press.

I think the truth is that you have dug yourself so deep into the trenches and cant see that the war is actually over.

No need for you to respond Happy.

I must have missed that one like cos nothings signed yet as far as I know. Do you believe Barton or Ben Arfa wouldnt have signed under Hughton considering it was him that brought him here?

Can you give me an example of these improved comms? I didnt see any problem with Hughton and so far none with Pardew.

I think peoples view of your spin is that pre Pardew you were all for Hughton even having the foresight to back him when the rest of us had reservations. Now hes been replaced you see everything done by the new guy as being better than CH.

7/10

So far so good for me.

Has hit the ground running and coped well given the circumstances of his arrival and the fact that his own career had stuttered so badly.

Hearing players comments in the press would suggest he is having a positive impact on training. (I particularly like the way we have started to try new things at free kicks).

I think the communication with the journalist, and so us, is better than it has been since Keegan.

The bottom line will be whether this "Kernt" that people talk about will appear once he has his feet under the table.

Hopefully he has learnt from his mistakes and realises what a magnificent opportunity he now has.

No need for you to respond CT. Your positive spin on any and every event, even stretching so far as to contradict your own initial gut reaction has given you a Comical Ali persona. When everything is brilliant you can't really be constructive.

Which bit is the spin?

I think the truth is that you have dug yourself so deep into the trenches and cant see that the war is actually over.

I must have missed that one like cos nothings signed yet as far as I know. Do you believe Barton or Ben Arfa wouldnt have signed under Hughton considering it was him that brought him here?

Can you give me an example of these improved comms? I didnt see any problem with Hughton and so far none with Pardew.

I think peoples view of your spin is that pre Pardew you were all for Hughton even having the foresight to back him when the rest of us had reservations. Now hes been replaced you see everything done by the new guy as being better than CH.

You think you would just get it by now, Im usually right and most of you catch up, sooner or later. :(

As for your silly statement that "everything done by the new guy is better", I didnt say that.

Hughton is a very good coach, who did a very good caretaker job with a great squad of lads, while demonstrating great dignity.

10/10

Doing a cracking job, i hope all yous who were slagging him off, have your tail between your legs, i knew he would do well.

What did yous expect? Am telling you, houghton would not have done this well.

Fuck off.

10/10

Doing a cracking job, i hope all yous who were slagging him off, have your tail between your legs, i knew he would do well.

What did yous expect? Am telling you, houghton would not have done this well.

Fuck off.

Why?

Its my opinion, you will remember this when he proves to be a hit.

4/10

Don't like the fella and quite honestly I havent seen ANY improvement on the pitch. CT(?) said something about improved communications? Only if you class slagging your own players off in public as fantastic PR which I obviously don't. Tactically suspect as well. Any manager worthy of the name should have been screaming at his players to stay back in the final 5 mins of both the mackem and spuds games.

As I've said before, he reminds me of Souness ie. all fuckin gob who talks a great game but doesn't have the nouse to actually make it happen. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not expecting to be.

I think we need to focus on the now and quit the Hughton chat. He's gone, end of. because then we could go alllll the way back and start on how other managers who failed with us and they had the previous manager's squad. This is now Pardew's squad and imo he's doing a cracking job. Hughton is a defensive manager naturally from his coaching days, but Pardew gets us playing and I think we look much more dangerous.

This is the point Im making though, you make out that Pardew has come in and got Ben Arfa and Barton to sign even though it was highly likely they would have done under Hughton.

The question was how do we think Pardews done so far? Thats all I answered tbf.

7/10

So far so good for me.

Which bit is the spin?

You always put the spin on the way you see things and when someone contextualises it you fail to reappear. Dunno how many times I've corrected one of your ridiculously over the top lists of praise of Ashley's "decisions"....as an example...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=822466

I'll do it again though.

A player under a new manager saying positive things about him? Unbelievable. He must be really brilliant. How can you even claim that's even relevant? They said the same about Souness, Roeder and Allardyce.

The Ben Arfa and Barton deals were basically done before he got here....I've not heard of anyone showing interest in Barton and he's taken a pay cut to stay....so it's hardly like the manager had to convince the chairman to push the boat out...it was cheaper.

And you'll see nowt but compliments for Hughton's handling of the press on this board.

Nice stats young padawan

:(

I think the late substitutions to waste time in the last two games have bitten Pardew on the arse. Probably been a bit unlucky but I thought it was ridiculous bringing Ranger on as late as he did when Shola was out on his feet a good 10-15 mins before that. How anyone can give him 10 out of 10 after the Stevenage game as well. Presumably they're on the wind-up but maybe I'm being too kind :(

7/10

So far so good for me.

Which bit is the spin?

You always put the spin on the way you see things and when someone contextualises it you fail to reappear. Dunno how many times I've corrected one of your ridiculously over the top lists of praise of Ashley's "decisions"....as an example...

I'll do it again though.

A player under a new manager saying positive things about him? Unbelievable. He must be really brilliant. How can you even claim that's even relevant? They said the same about Souness, Roeder and Allardyce.

The Ben Arfa and Barton deals were basically done before he got here....I've not heard of anyone showing interest in Barton and he's taken a pay cut to stay....so it's hardly like the manager had to convince the chairman to push the boat out...it was cheaper.

And you'll see nowt but compliments for Hughton's handling of the press on this board.

I've never been particularly negative about our chances this season either by the way. Remember this exchange CT?

its just simply not realistic to aim to finish 7th next year.

I will remind you that the current top 7 looks like this....

Chelsea

Man Utd

Arsenal

Man City

Tottenham

Liverpool

Aston Villa

How on earth you think its realistic to aim for seventh spot and dislodge Villa or Liverpool in our first season back with a limited talent pool of players and a probable limited budget.

This is a weaker team than the one that got relegated. Most of those teams that were better than us then have strengthened while we've been away so simply surviving our first year back will be a great achievement, regardless of our name, reputation or past efforts.

Where has 7th come from?

I think I mentioned I'd rather aim for 7th than 17th but that was more to do with the poetry in the phrase than being what I really though was possible.

It's not unrealistic to aim to emulate Stoke, Birmingham or Fulham next season though is it? 9th or 10th?

Stoke and Birmmingham spent around £20m each since last summer.

Fulham spent....less.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=731197

How you have the gall to claim you were right all along is hilarious.

Edited by Happy Face

7/10

So far so good for me.

Which bit is the spin?

I'll do it again though.

Its a thread where the OP asked for views on how Pardews doing so far.

It appears your are more concerned with my opinion than giving your own. :wub:

As far as Im aware, only YOU have mentioned Ashley not me. :(

I think you should maybe re-read my post as I really dont think there was anything that bad in it, given the question I was answering.

Has hit the ground running and coped well given the circumstances of his arrival and the fact that his own career had stuttered so badly

A fair comment I would have thought without any spin

Again, not really earth shattering and I even include my own example re the free kicks.

Arnt You?

My opinion but I think again the statement is true. Hughton was dignified but never really said much. We are hearing a lot more these days whether it is to do with transfer targets, how the games gone or on players. Whether you agree with what he is saying is a different matter, its the communication I referred too.

I also dont particularly blame Hughton for the lack of communication. Its quite clear the "management" didnt have faith in him so he really couldnt say much at all about transfers etc.

Again no positive spin here :icon_lol:

Again no positive spin here :D

Maybe you've just had a tough day. :wub: Cheer up.

7/10

So far so good for me.

Which bit is the spin?

I state decisions Ashley has made since relegation that Ashley would feel he has got right.

You then give your opinion of why you think he made those decisions.

Doesn't make my point wrong. Didn't then and doesn't now.

He will still consider he was right on every of those decisions.

7/10

So far so good for me.

Which bit is the spin?

I state decisions Ashley has made since relegation that Ashley would feel he has got right.

You then give your opinion of why you think he made those decisions.

Doesn't make my point wrong. Didn't then and doesn't now.

He will still consider he was right on every of those decisions.

He'll still consider the Wise, Keegan and roof signage decisions as correct too.