Steven Taylor

MattM4

I read this last night about the Boro game:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/2006/10/24...ugh-mediocrity/

Taylor - 7

Coped well but instead of depending on his ability seems to be heading for the “Dark Side” I would like to see clubs introduce significant fines for blatant attacks on the opposition, such a Taylor’s continued use of the elbow. Maybe if he had the cost of a new BMW deducted from his salary over a period of a few months, he’d think twice. Of course subtle attacks on the opposition and blatant ones on your own players are perfectly acceptable. (Oh give me a break! It was a joke!) Cracking save off the line that just about makes up for the fact that he was left stranded by his mark.

Then stumbled upon this photo of the Pompey game, what happened here like?

72264447kb5.jpg

:razz:

It was quite early on and he was running down the touchline and got into a bit of a thing with whichever Portsmouth player, who went down holding his face. The telling thing was that when the whistle went, Taylor just turned and legged it back half the length of the pitch to right back. I said at the time that it looked like he'd probably done something he shouldn't have from the way he didn't complain at the free kick being given and tried to get himself away from the scene asap.

Don't really mind if he's a bit of a thug now and again, as long as it's not in dangerous positions. Far more concerned about the way he defends in general.

They showed the replay during the match, it didn't look great, but the reaction of that article and the Portsmouth player were a fucking joke.

That article was about the the Boro match ... sorry I didnt make that very clear.

I meant Boro player, I am talking about the same incident.

It was right in front of me. Basically, our Taylor and Will Young's.....sorry....Pompey's Talyor were running for the same ball. Our Taylor shoulder barged him and the other Taylor knew he was in trouble...so our Taylor went to shoulder barge him again, Pompey's Taylor was expecting it, and went down like a stack of shit.

Clever, but cheating.

Actually the elbows don't bother me that much. I'd rather he rattled a few strikers rather than kept the diving going. That he needs to cut out straight away.

Maybe he's just watching Terry and it's giving him ideas.

Taylor - 7

Coped well but instead of depending on his ability seems to be heading for the “Dark Side” I would like to see clubs introduce significant fines for blatant attacks on the opposition, such a Taylor’s continued use of the elbow. Maybe if he had the cost of a new BMW deducted from his salary over a period of a few months, he’d think twice. Of course subtle attacks on the opposition and blatant ones on your own players are perfectly acceptable. (Oh give me a break! It was a joke!) Cracking save off the line that just about makes up for the fact that he was left stranded by his mark.

72264447kb5.jpg

Gemmill had the perfect view of it judging by this pic so I'm going to accept his account above.

Taylor - 7

72264447kb5.jpg

<_<

Gemmill had the perfect view of it judging by this pic so I'm going to accept his account above.

Shocking but :razz:

Taylor - 7

72264447kb5.jpg

:nufc:

:razz:<_<:(

Taylor - 7

72264447kb5.jpg

<_<

It was right in front of me. Basically, our Taylor and Will Young's.....sorry....Pompey's Talyor were running for the same ball. Our Taylor shoulder barged him and the other Taylor knew he was in trouble...so our Taylor went to shoulder barge him again, Pompey's Taylor was expecting it, and went down like a stack of shit.

Clever, but cheating.

Sorry Scott, I might owe you an apology. :razz:

PS SLP laughs at Downs blokes in wigs so theres no comeback for him saying I make fun of the disabled.

Clever, but cheating.

Sorry Scott, I might owe you an apology. :razz:

PS SLP laughs at Downs blokes in wigs so theres no comeback for him saying I make fun of the disabled.

He owns a blue cagoul as well. I think you might have your man.