Official your game thread

khay

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In season 2008/09 with Newcastle United, things are going a bit sour, I'm 9th and the players are unhappy.

Just started a new game As Ajax.

I've just won 3-0 at Old Trafford! :razz:

Pennant, Walcott, Ameobi. <_<

Pennant is already out for three weeks, hence how Walcott scored, I brought him on. This was second season by the way, where teams are now letting me buy their players!

I started out as manager of Melbourne Victory but won the A-League in a canter so I resigned hoping an English club would pick me up.

Man City were deep in relegation trouble and saked Pearce so I applied and got the job. I saved them on the last day with a 5-0 thumping of Watford which gave me enough goal difference to survive.

Over the summer I didn't make much in the way of signings, but poached Freddy Adu on the last day of the window. Somehow I came 3rd in the league, thanks to another 5-0 thumping on the last day, this time against Sheffield Utd.

I also got what I like to call the Perfect Five.

Liverpool 0-2 Man City

Newcastle 1-2 Man City

Chelsea 0-1 Man City

Man Utd 0-1 Man City

Arsenal 0-2 Man City

I got a takeover, but never got any cash from it :unsure:

Like extra, stupid really!

I did get £5million but I had to ask!

Need to score more goals, drew 0-0 with Fulham at SJP on the opening day (yet to win on the opening day)

My 4th season went to shit and I was asked to resign, so I did, I had to sit things out until the summer, lucklily Terry Venables was sacked as Chelsea manager and they offered the job to me !

£53m transfer kitty, and told by Comrade Abramovich that he demanded top players and money was not an issue !

After being forced to resign as Newcastle manager, my Chelsea career is going from stregnth to strenth.

Leading the Premiership and just won the Carling Cup.

carlingcuptv2.jpg

After being forced to resign as Newcastle manager, my Chelsea career is going from stregnth to strenth.

Leading the Premiership and just won the Carling Cup.

carlingcuptv2.jpg

How did u get that background?

After being sacked as Newcastle Boss after 29 games and stll having 14 points i took over at Brighton.

They offered me £0 transfer budget.

The players are shit.

My god its easy.

Been posting this on N-O, but a quick run through my game. Was in the bottom 3-4 all season as Newcastle, saved the game before the final game because I wanted a crack at the Championship as Newcastle manager. In my real game, I stayed up thanks to a 2-2 draw with Chelsea (didn't want to go down actually trying!), so they replayed it so I deliberately went down. Was sacked after the match, but added a new manager to take over at managerless Newcastle, and just retired my original manager. First season's transfers were Given & Milner out, Gordon, Bale & Appiah in. The pre-season I've just had, ahead of my Championship campaign...

OUT

Craig Moore to Atlante - Free

Steve Harper to Watford - Free

Michael Owen to Lyon - £12.25m

Steven Taylor to Chelsea - £5m

Antoine Sibierski to Oldham - Free

Carl Finnigan to Stockport - Free

Kazenga LuaLua to Sheff Wed - Free

Titus Bramble to Bolton - £500k

Stephen Appiah to Blackburn - £3m

Kieron Dyer to Fulham - £1.5m

Stephen Carr to Ipswich - £350k

Obafemi Martins to Atletico - £10.25m

Damien Duff to Man City - £5m

Emre to Aston Villa- £3.2m

Matty Pattison to Millwall - £250k

Olivier Bernard to Hearts - £500k

Celestine Babayaro to Portsmouth - £500k

TOTAL = £42m

IN

Christian Vieri from Atalanta - Free

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink from Charlton - Free

Paul Bosvelt from Sheff Utd - Free

Mark Iuliano from Messina - Free

Jari Litmanen from Malmo - Free

Francis Jeffers from Blackburn - £850k

Andy Webster from Wigan - £2.8m

Sergey Ignashevich from Wigan - £3.1m

TOTAL = £6.75m

First-choice squad is,

GK - Gordon

RB - Ignashevich

LB - Bale

CB - Iuliano

CB - Webster

RM - Solano

LM - Luque

CM - Parker

ACM - N'Zogbia

CF - Ameobi

CF - Vieri

Krul, Ramage, Litmanen, Jeffers, Hasselbaink.

Currently unbeaten after 7 games sitting in 6th, but I've just been knocked out of the League Cup in the Second Round at home to Rochdale on penalties.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I guess I got lucky that Man City came calling when I left the Melbourne.

Unfortunately my team choked on the final day of my last completed season and I came 5th, missing out on another champion's league adventure. Fortunately thanks to being in the CL I had a 40 million transfer budget so I just went nuts.

Strangely in my game Newcastle are title challenges and have heaps of money. They keep trying to buy Daniel Sturridge off me. Bastards. There's a tip, at the start of a new game buy Daniel Sturridge. The kid is unreal.

I guess I got lucky that Man City came calling when I left the Melbourne.

Unfortunately my team choked on the final day of my last completed season and I came 5th, missing out on another champion's league adventure. Fortunately thanks to being in the CL I had a 40 million transfer budget so I just went nuts.

Strangely in my game Newcastle are title challenges and have heaps of money. They keep trying to buy Daniel Sturridge off me. Bastards. There's a tip, at the start of a new game buy Daniel Sturridge. The kid is unreal.

Aye, Newcastle are 3rd on my game (I'm Chelsea :lol: ) and Man Utd are 2nd. The Toon bought Defoe for 10M and he's scoring like mad, not that I know where they got their money from. :mellow:

After getting fed up of how awful Newcastle are I decided it was time to concentrate on my game as the super Dons.

5th in the SPL after 11 games. Started shite but doing very well now.

I find that setting your defence to a direct ball, but setting midfielders and attackers to play it short works a treat. Been putting on some great performances.

Cannot grumble with my glorious Aberdeen side.

After signing Allan McGregor to go in goal (as Langfield and Soutar are gash) he's been immense. Was having an early season crisis on the left wing so signed a guy called Ishmal Demontagnac from Walsall on a months loan. Turned out to be so ledge I spent 100k on him (Which was thankfully raised by selling Ritchie Byrne to Preston).

Lee Miller has been a revelation too up front. Not exactly scoring every week (Something like 9 goals in 19 games I think) but he's creating so much for everyone else. SPL player of the month for 3 months in a row. Zander Diamond has been class recently too at the back. And he's scored in my last 3 games too. :) Including a last minute winner against Motherwell.

Not exactly challenging the Old Firm but doing pretty well.

spltabledec06.jpg

Edited by JJ

I have also started with the mighty dons, however in my game they start with a bit of cash and some extra players. :(

team at the moment

thedonsiz2.th.png

Also some scottish players might get better than other peoples games...

just held celtic to a 1-1 draw, fair result for both teams. 7 points off rangers all ready though. :)