Official your game thread

khay

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go on Titus. :lol:

I wish I'd taken a screen shot of a news thing I got. My physio was telling me about an injury one of my players got. It was something like "X has turned up to training today with a wrist injury. He says he picked up the injury lifting weights in the house." or something like that.

My physio seemed a bit suspicious. :(

I wish I'd taken a screen shot of a news thing I got. My physio was telling me about an injury one of my players got. It was something like "X has turned up to training today with a wrist injury. He says he picked up the injury lifting weights in the house." or something like that.

Was Jimbo the player at hand? :icon_lol:

First silverware of the game, the spanish super cup with Barca. :huff:

2nd was the Euro Super Cup.

:lol: Watch me bring them to mid table. :icon_lol:

8th after about 6 games. :( Should have beat Real but Marquez likes to get himself sent off. Eto must have had about ten shots saved. <_<

Sitting pretty at the top of the SPL after 15 games. 8 point lead too. Things could be worse.

Unfortunately I'm now having one of those injury fests which is not going to make life too easy. Unbeaten all season in all competitions, but I can't see that lasting much longer as we're going to be super under strength for the next month or two.

<_<

<_<

:huff:

Started a brand new challenge. Used the editor to put Gateshead in the English North Conference and got rid of Scarborough. I always said if I won the EuroLottery I'd put £20m into Gateshead to get them up the leagues so put that in the editor, and also changed the reputation of the club so it was on a par with Hartlepool & Darlington (which would happen if a takeover of Gateshead really happened like that!). First season, bought loads of Academy players from Premiership clubs (spent £400k in total), and won the title. Now in the Conference. My original squad for the season was...

GK - David Vadon (19), £90k from Man City

RB - Ben Starosta (20), £10k from Sheff Utd

LB - Phil Cave (20), £50k from Newcastle

CB - Nathan D'Laryea (21), £5k from Man City

CB - Chris Shanks (20), £60k from Newcastle

RM - David Gray (19), Loan from Man Utd

LM - Jermaine Wright (31), £3k from Southampton

DM - David Edgar (20), £70k from Newcastle

AM - Djamel Belmadi (31) - £6k from Southampton

CF - Gary Alexander (28 ) - £28k from Leyton Orient

CF - Dion Dublin (38 ) - Free from Norwich

GK - Lawrence Matthewson (20), £6k from Man City

CB - Seb Hines (19), Loan from Middlesbrough

DM - Dennis Wise (40), Unattached

LM - Billy Dennehy (20), £1k from Sunderland

CF - Benjamin Hutchinson (20), £90k from Middlesbrough

...now January 1st 2008, and a few new faces into the squad straight away after deals I'd agreed earlier in the season finally went through. Was lying 16th in the table after 24 games before Jan 1st, 8 points off the play-offs. New look squad after transfer window deals...

GK - Lawrence Matthewson

RB - Ben Starosta

LB - Phil Cave

CB - Dion Dublin

CB - Peter Ramage (24), £750k from Newcastle

RM - Ray Parlour (34), £250k from Middlesbrough

LM - Jermaine Wright

CM - David Edgar

CM - Djamel Belmadi

CF - Andy Cole (36), £40k from Portsmouth

and last but not least....

CF - Albert Luque (29), £1.5m from Newcastle ;):razz:

Subs - Vadon, Shanks, Wise, Gray & Alexander

First match with this squad, won 3-0 at Gravesend, 1 for Belmadi and 2 for Alexander.

I started a new game with Hessen Kassel in Jormany, which is quite hard as you hardly can attract or pay anybody. If the board wasn't injecting cash every other months I'd long gone bancrupt.

The board only wants me to avoid relegation. Finished 11th in the first season, and am in the top half of the table in the second.

After 3 consecutive titles (including 2 undefeated seasons), 3 FA Cups and 2 Champions League trophies with Man City I decided for no particular reason to resign.

Fittingly Newcastle sacked Roeder and offered me the job.

This is 2012/13 now and we have a bit of money to spend but a team of old fogies. Gonna take some work to build up a winning squad, although I've started well enough.

Right got my first coursework out they way so thought time for a little bit of gaming.

Started a brand new season with Aberdeen, first deal so far is have brought Krul in on loan for the season as both first team keepers are gash. Need back up for both wings, so going to see who else i can get in.

JJ, does maguire get any good in this game?

Only starting the season with 3 recognized strikers is beginning to take its toll.

Elliot, my top scorer (he poaches :lol: ) out for 5 months, Chris Brown out for 2 months (he's shite and I'm trying to offload him but so far no luck), Eddie Johnson knackered.

Brought in Kerlon for 8 million in January...and he's hideously unfit with shite stats...I only realized this when I had another look at him before the window started and it wouldn't let me cancel the deal. :o

Also signed Renato (from Cruzeiro I think) who has some ok stats at only 1.6m

I'm 2nd, Chelsea just ahead after a VERY fortunate 1-0 win at the stadium of shite. The goal was a yard offside. :D

I'm playing 4-4-1-1. Maloney is shite, but he seems to be scoring when I play him as an AM instead of a striker.

GK Mirante (bought him from Juve in the promotion season. Great goalie.)

LB Ross Wallace (he's been inspired so far)

CB Nicolas Burdisso

CB Pascal Cygan/Mathias Doumbe

RB Stephen Wright

LM Darijo Srna

CM Renato

CM Massimo Donati

RM Clint Dempsey

AMC Shaun Maloney (set to join Johnson when we get the ball as we play counter-attacking football)

S Eddie Johnson

Beat Newcastle 1-0 at St James. I felt guilty. ;)

champions.jpg

Yay. :D

Stewart Milne is doing my tits in, constantly accepting offers for players by going over my head to do it. Bastard. Hopefully he'll be a wee bit nicer now we've made the Champions League.

Got the Scotland job too. My group for Euro 2012 qualifying is Portugal, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Macedonia.

Won first 5 games in the group and with a great chance of qualifying. First beat the Borats 3-0 away. Then a 1-0 win at home to the Ukraine with a late winner. Then somehow beat Portugal 1-0 away after being played off the park for the whole game. Beat Macedonia 3-1 at home, then the Borats got horsed 7-2 at Hampden (even Gary Caldwell scored twice).

Ukraine (a), Macedonia (a) and lastly Portugal (h). 5 points ahead of Portugal and 8 ahead of the Ukraine who have a game in hand. Scotland haven't qualfied for a tournament yet in my game, so hopefully I can change that. :lol:

I decided to load up a Bangor save about a month ago as I always wanted a brilliant game with my local football side who I pay my cash every week, anyway, I had a crap first season finishing in a lowly fifth position with Paul McDowell being my top goal scorer as the ‘god’ Andy Morrow was out injured for a good couple of months.

Second season and a sensational signing of thirty-seven year old, Glenn Ferguson from Linfield really helped me a lot but I don’t also want to take away from Andy Morrow who also helped banging over ten goals I think it was, but I also made more new signings including former Linfield pair, Stephen Douglas, Andrew Hunter and Jamie Mulgrew who where all rocks and regulars in the first team and Ryan Brown the legend goalkeeper.

I won my first trophy of the season when I defeated Coagh United to win the Carnegie Intermediate league cup at Dixon Park in Ballyclare, later in the season that was too be followed by the league itself, ironically I think that was after a two-one away win, yeah I think it was at Coagh United.

I almost won the Irish Cup as well but unfortunally I couldn’t have done the ‘treble’ as Michael Gault won the cup for the Premier Division winners in the first half and I was useless throughout getting nothing and deserving the same, that was in season 2007/08.

Now I am in season 2008/09 and I have made a mixed start, I mean I lost in the UEFA Cup first qualifying round to Hungarian based side, ZTE 5-0 on aggregate after losing the away leg, 3-0 and the home leg, 2-0 but I did kick off the CIS Insurance cup with a 3-2 away win to Crusaders who I did beat on the road to the final but then lost to Glentoran at Clandeboye by 3-1 after Glenn Ferguson had opened the goal scoring.

Media expect a tenth place finish, I’ll take it, I have added Richard Clarke, Lee Verner and Henry McStay to the squad and they will be squad players and it should be a good rotate because I can not expect Ferguson at now 39 to play each week but I hope he will because just like first Division, I think he’ll be the key.

Probably my most enjoyable game so far on Football Manager in a long time, now it's bed time.

In my first season I barely signed anyone mate and ended up playing......

McGregor (from Rangers)

Hart, Touzani, Anderson, Smith

Clark, Dempsey, Severin, Demontagnac (from Walsall)

Miller, Lovell

It went pretty well like. Think I finished 4th in the first season but should have finished 3rd but totally blew it.