Official your game thread

khay

Good effort Fish, whats your team and your tactics ?

03102007201917jy1.jpg

03102007202422tg6.jpg

Every player assigend to a position uses the default settings ("Set As Fullback" etc.) with minor tweaks to mentality and if a player has high long shots or similar the settings are personalised further.

If my team begins to get complacent I drop the AM and the DM back (so the AM is in the MC position), this draws more pressure onto my defense, but I set the team to counter-attack. It's so I can deal with teams who just sit back and defend.

I won the CL and the PL that season, but lost in the Domestic cups, mainly because I tried different players and tactics in them both...

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just won the Scottish 2nd Division with East Fife and about to start the European Championships with England. Why the FA chose a manager from the second division in Scotland to manage the national team I don't know, but we blitzed qualifying.

Since I've not got round to opening up my PC case yet my 07 disc is still stuck. So FM06 with a couple of changes to the toon squad it is. So far thrashed some team in "vase" cup.

Martins has handed in a transfer request. <_<

So far just managed to get in Craig Gordon,Tommy Hoiland and sell Faye.

And Fish, are you playing in midfield there?

:lol:

yep

I always put myself into the game with random stats but -1 potential.

if I'm shite I'll sell me, but in this game I play really well

I must be a better manager than Roeder and Souness because I have actually won at the JJB Stadium against Wigan.

Antoine Sibierski and Obafemi Martins scored the goals.

Also beat Chelsea 2-1 and Man City 1-0 in the first two games, both at St. James' Park.

uefacupaq6.th.jpg

Bit of a fluke cos they should have wiped the floor with my team on paper. Owen was just say match fit, netted the hat trick (Dani Alves gifted him the third) and won the free kick Nobby scored from. Just waiting to hear what my buget will be for next season as the board only gave me £800k when I signed the new contract.

Finished 5th as well. Owen and Martins are acting up now it's the close season. Both wanting to move to bigger clubs, so are both transfer listed by request but only Liverpool are sniffing round.

Edit:

supercupoq9.th.jpg

Just say pipped Real Madrid to the Super Cup. Reasonably busy summer with only Shola Being sold (£3 million) released Harper and Solano. Brought in Ochoa and Pisano for £9 million and some youngsters that had big clubs sniffing round. Donati and Caracciolo in on loan for cover. No one has come in for Owen or Martins but clubs are interested.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Was a goal down to Blackburn Rovers at St. James' Park but because of a Steven Taylor header we went on to secure a three-one victory.

Up to second, won four out of four now in the league. <_<

Maybe I might win something this season because I have not tasted defeat this season, still early I know but....anyway.

Just won the League Cup against Man City (beat them in the final last season!).

5-2. Foti and Falcao both bagging two, and Andreolli heading in from a corner. Serves them right for being the only team to beat me so far this season. Foti worth 7 million having scored 37 goals so far...right. :lol:

Trying to buy promising players from Barca C, but little wankers won't accept contracts. :lol:

5-2. Foti and Falcao both bagging two, and Andreolli heading in from a corner. Serves them right for being the only team to beat me so far this season. Foti worth 7 million having scored 37 goals so far...right. :lol:

Trying to buy promising players from Barca C, but little wankers won't accept contracts. :lol:

Where do you play Foti ? I've had him at a couple of clubs and played him wide left tracking forward and he's been nothing special for me at all.

Where do you play Foti ? I've had him at a couple of clubs and played him wide left tracking forward and he's been nothing special for me at all.

I play him as a striker in a 4-4-2 with team passing set to direct.

Originally bought him as a left winger myself, but moved him up front after an injury crisis. Been first choice striker when fit ever since.

Champions of Serie B and also winners of the Italian Cup in my first season at Juve...

50 goals for Iaquinta.

the legend lives on :lol:

End of season.

Won the league, FA & League Cup and rounded it all off with the Champions League.

Foti finishes top scorer of the prem with 31 (46 goals this season), Eddie Johnson gets european golden boot with 12.

Now have a cool £60million to play with in the transfer market. :)

Edit~ Just been increased to £80million! ;)

titlepz7.th.jpg

Earliest I've won it in FM07. Owen fucked off for £20 million, Fat Fred also fucked off. Brought in Fred and some wonderkid from brazil then after the window closed Fred, Martins, Johnson and Caracciolo all got injured repeatedly so I got dumped out of the Uefa and FA cups. Also lost my first choice RB with 6 weeks to go in the season.

Lucas wants a new challenge so sold him to Roma for £27.5million (would like to know how Mascherano went for 69 million when Lucas is better :crylaughin:) so in comes Ronaldo...for £75million. :lol:

Bought in a load of promising portuguese, spanish and italian youngsters, all being loaned out.

Might bring in Nuri Sahin as a Lucas replacement but that's another £33million...

uefapokaluefapokalxq2.jpg

I won the Jorman Cup the season before and now have qualified for the CL the first time. I hope this will make things easier as it is difficult to keep players at the club as after a couple of games they decide they are to good for Kassel and want to move to a bigger club. Half of my squad has put in transfer requests...

Edited by Isegrim