Official your game thread

khay

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing Gregs post I started a game unemployed but managed to get the Nantes job. For once I never signed one player ( I normally am the Harry Redknapp of FM) and managed a 4th place finish in the league, missed out on Champions League football by 4 points.

nantes.jpg

Just finished my 2nd season , managed to finish 8th this time round. Same problem again could not win away from home or score enough goals. Getting Crespo in for the start of the third season though.

Just finished my 2nd season , managed to finish 8th this time round. Same problem again could not win away from home or score enough goals. Getting Crespo in for the start of the third season though.

any idea how many shot on target you're having per game?

if it's high and no goals then change your striker, but if it's low, look to change the way your midfield creates the chances for the strikers.

No Point having a Downing-esque winger when your striker is shit in the air. Buy a clever attacking midfielder who has passing, creativity and vision all over 17 and pair him up with a hard working pacey striker and you should get a shedload of one-on-ones

if it's high and no goals then change your striker, but if it's low, look to change the way your midfield creates the chances for the strikers.

No Point having a Downing-esque winger when your striker is shit in the air. Buy a clever attacking midfielder who has passing, creativity and vision all over 17 and pair him up with a hard working pacey striker and you should get a shedload of one-on-ones

Sorted its self out this season. Now top of the league after 21 games, 4 points above chelsea. Scored more goals this season all ready compared with last. Now play a 3-5-2 formation. Seems to be working. Owen has manged 8 so far. But my CB has manged 10. :ok:

Just beat liverpool in the first leg of the league cup semi final. So Should manage at least one trophy this season.

Sorted its self out this season. Now top of the league after 21 games, 4 points above chelsea. Scored more goals this season all ready compared with last. Now play a 3-5-2 formation. Seems to be working. Owen has manged 8 so far. But my CB has manged 10. :ok:

Just beat liverpool in the first leg of the league cup semi final. So Should manage at least one trophy this season.

Man U just beat me to bring my 19 game unbeaten run to a halt. :jesuswept:

Well..

My Wigan side got relegated despite a decent crack at it...

I did some wheeling and dealing in the transfer market....

OUT:

Matt Jackson, Colchester £20k

Andreas Johansson, Hull £1.2M

Ryan Taylor, Portsmouth £3M

Paul Scharner, Celtic £ 1M

Mike Pollitt, Bristol City £500k

Luke Ashworth, Southend £10k

Leighton Baines, Portsmouth £7M

John Filan, Watford £220k

Denny Landzaat, Sunderland £3M

Emmerson Boyce, West Brom £1M

Kevin McCann, Preston £700k

Henri Camara, West Brom £1M

Jari Litmanen, released

David Unsworth, released

Abel Xavier, released

Josip Skoko, released

Total - £18.6Million ish

IN:

Juninho, Flamengo £100k

Gareth Bale, Southampton, £3M

Hossam Ghaly, Spurs £2M

Eddie Johnson, Kansas, £1.6M

Gaizka Mendieta, Boro, £200k

Juilan Jenner, AZ Alkmaar, £650k

Jari Litmanen, free transfer

Dorian Dervitte, Spurs £2.5M

Abel Xavier, free transfer

Pierre van Hooijdonk, free transfer

Kristofer Haestad, Start, £2.5 - price agreed already within loan

Antonio Valencia, Villareal, £4M - price afreed already within loan.

Tim Krul, Newcastle, season loan

Jack Hobbs, Liverpool, season loan

Antwi Godwin, Liverpool, season loan

Albert Luque, Newcastle, season loan

Tomas Pekhart, Spurs, 3 month loan.

Total - £16.55 Million.

So I've managed to make a profit from player trading.

wigannnnnfu6.jpg

Edited by Greg

Cheers for the post, when do you use each tactic and what are your team instructions ?

Generally depends on who i'm playing. Used the 3-4-3 against SU at home and beat them 9-0 :razz:

Mostly use 4-4-2 against the big teams unless i'm playing away then i'll switch to 4-5-1 against Liverpool and Man U (they don't like it up them) and 4-3-3 counter against Chelsea and the Arse.

Edit: And i've started a new game as Dortmund, got a whole 344k to spend :D

Edited by .../\......\o/...

Was right there in the title chase until the end of April and the players bottled it, ended up third. But I was in the CL final again, against Chelsea.

cl10nk4.th.jpg

My u-18 team were amazing, they were unbeaten and had a ridiculous GD:

u18yg9.th.jpg

After my "big stars" turning gutless for the second end of season in a row I flogged most of them and brought through some promising younger players. Came from 3-0 at home to the Arse to draw 3-3 and won away at Shef Utd 5-0, then played Arsenal again in the super cup:

esc10bz4.th.jpg

Slightly lucky but I'll take it.

• 2 weeks later...

Won the World Club Cup in December. Went out at the Group stage of the CL which I can't ever remember doing before, so was less than impressed.

Anyway with mostly kids I won the league:

league11jp4.th.jpg

UEFA Cup

facup11rb8.th.jpg

And the FA Cup

uefa11bn6.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went back to my Real Madrid game on 05.

Clicky. Won that, the spanish cup and the champions league.

Most of it down to having a striker like this: Tevez :D

Doing a bit of budget shopping in the transfer window...

In comes:

Bonera, Fernando Torres and Nelson Valdez and Sergio Volpi.

All for free. Now I have 45 million + player sales. De Rossi or bust. Need a new DM as I sold Xabi Alonso to Milan for 40 million.

currently managing gateshead (put them into conference north with the editor)

06/07 - 1st in Conference north, (won by 14points)

07/08 - currently sitting 10th in conference after 30 games (3 points between 12th and 3rd)

parent club is the boro (the toon werent up for it)

Left East Fife in the Scottish First Division, and went to Kalmar in Sweden, took them from the bottom of the First Division Elite to third in the Premierleague, qualified for the Royal League and Europe. Don't think I can get them onto win the league like. Keep getting offers for jobs in League 2, but holding out for a Championship job, I mean I am an ex-England manager.

Just finished my first season with Valencia:

La Liga:

Gutted, had led most of the season just to lose out to Barca by one point.

Graph:

graphrb5.th.jpg

Table:

tableaj4.th.jpg

Champions League:

Managed to get my revenge on Barca in the final.

valenciaclme3.th.jpg

Copa Del Rey:

delreyhk8.th.jpg