nesta available on a free in the summer

tinofbeans

i can see it now. he's got his pick of the world's best clubs and he chooses a micky mouse outfit like us.

not going to happen.

anyway. he's a defender so therefore won't fall under fat fred's trophy signing radar.

we don't need defenders. we prefer to cain our entire budget on forwards and midfielders.

Barcelona or somewhere like that would be my guess, if he fancies moving abroad and if not, he may go back to his beloved Lazio. Or come here.

so general consensus is we would love him to play for us but he's too popular with other clubs...

all true... but he is 30-31 years old (which some would consider the beginning of the end of his career)

all the same, he's someone we should look at, don't we all agree?

I suspect he'll go somewhere good.

Where he has a chance of winning things.

he's someone we should look at, don't we all agree?

It would be a waste of valuable time imo, I'd rather we concentrated on more realistic targets.

I reckon we should scout him and keep doing so right up until the week of the transfer deadline in the summer even if he's already made it clear he won't join us.

It would be a waste of valuable time imo, I'd rather we concentrated on more realistic targets.

I reckon we should scout him and keep doing so right up until the week of the transfer deadline in the summer even if he's already made it clear he won't join us.

Then buy Matt Taylor for £37m.

Not a chance of him coming here, but I don't think he's a good as he once was.

You have to admit a long shot better than what we have now

agreed, it was just an observation rather than a suggestion that we avoid him.

Or Upson.

Duff was offered to us and no one else wanted Owen. I'd certainly make speculative enquiries but if he isn't interested we should shift our attention asap to avoid another debacle like the Kuyt one and to try and ensure we don't make last minute panic buys.

Or Upson.

"Plans" :razz:

Duff was offered to us and no one else wanted Owen. I'd certainly make speculative enquiries but if he isn't interested we should shift our attention asap to avoid another debacle like the Kuyt one and to try and ensure we don't make last minute panic buys.

Corection Liverpool wanted Owen just wouldnt offer like we would and you can't just offer players at the end it is the players desicion.

Anything could happen

Anything could happen

Ah yes, the usual retort of the mindless idiots.

There's no fucking chance of him signing, and no, it's not worth even approaching him because presumably, there must be some very good reasons why he hasn't signed a new deal at AC, and if it's cash, (the Guardian think he wants to go back to Lazio) there'll be a dozen other teams in the queue before us.

Just no.

Stop it.

Corection Liverpool wanted Owen just wouldnt offer like we would and you can't just offer players at the end it is the players desicion.

Anything could happen

:razz: