After that huge disappointment

LeazesMag

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of people here who think losing would be good as it would get Souness sacked. Some even think relegation is a good idea.  And you think I'm barking!?!

Sheesh.

17911[/snapback]

I agree with you on that those people are talking shit. You've outdone them today though.

17919[/snapback]

What, saying we should be relegated is better than criticising the doom mongers?

BTW, I'm not a mackem or a smoggie or a member of the board.

I just get ticked off when I see a divide that achieves nothing.

If Souness doesn't get us into Europe this season, he should be sacked.

But sacking him now would just mean another year of passing the buck.

My opinions are absolutely sane:

Hysterical negative fans don't help the club

and

Sacking Souness would be a bad move at this time of the season.

If he does get sacked and we manage to unearth a gem of a manager who gets us into the CL, I will be happy to admit I'm wrong and will be more pleased that we're doing well. I love Newcastle and just disagree with you.

No harm done!

17930[/snapback]

The "hysterical" board members you mention would have sacked him last October, after him assaulting one of his staff on the training ground.

I knew at that point that my initial support, for the first week or two "for the good of the club" was wasted and in fact the course of time would prove nothing had changed with Souness, he was going to go on and be the complete prick and disaster area he had always been.

Where do you think we would be now if we had done that ? IMO we would be a lot better off than we are, unless of course you are the one prepared to wait until we are relegated, because I am 100% certain we are going to have a big fight to stay up this season now.

I have been one of the few that have supported Souness. When he was announced as boss I was gutted but thought so far every manager we have has been hailed as the one to bring sucess but ultimately failed, I then thought Souness may just be the man to turn the tide into winning trophies.

I think he has had a lot to deal with being the boss of Newcastle but there is no doubt he has made many mistakes.

Bringing players in I do not blame him but Shepherd, Souness however is paid to motivate and train the players into a winning team, he is doing none of this. The players look so low on confidence at the moment they need a massive pick me up. Owen will help that, he will help our situation but he will not solve all our problems.

The club is becoming a circus and it is no fun being a fan at the moment. Results are poor and our prospects are even worse. I am no fan of sacking managers a few games in, I just fail to see how Souness will be able to get us out of this mess. He better find a solution fast, if we get stuffed at Man U then I doubt he will manage us after that. And seeing as it is an international break Freddie Fat Boy will see it as a perfect chance to look for "the best Bruce for the job", did I say Bruce I meant man for the job.

The clubs a laughing stock and fans are very disappointed, nobody wants the team to lose they are asking the question is that what its going to take????

There are a lot of people here who think losing would be good as it would get Souness sacked. Some even think relegation is a good idea.  And you think I'm barking!?!

Sheesh.

17911[/snapback]

I agree with you on that those people are talking shit. You've outdone them today though.

17919[/snapback]

What, saying we should be relegated is better than criticising the doom mongers?

BTW, I'm not a mackem or a smoggie or a member of the board.

I just get ticked off when I see a divide that achieves nothing.

If Souness doesn't get us into Europe this season, he should be sacked.

But sacking him now would just mean another year of passing the buck.

My opinions are absolutely sane:

Hysterical negative fans don't help the club

and

Sacking Souness would be a bad move at this time of the season.

If he does get sacked and we manage to unearth a gem of a manager who gets us into the CL, I will be happy to admit I'm wrong and will be more pleased that we're doing well. I love Newcastle and just disagree with you.

No harm done!

17930[/snapback]

The "hysterical" board members you mention would have sacked him last October, after him assaulting one of his staff on the training ground.

I knew at that point that my initial support, for the first week or two "for the good of the club" was wasted and in fact the course of time would prove nothing had changed with Souness, he was going to go on and be the complete prick and disaster area he had always been.

Where do you think we would be now if we had done that ? IMO we would be a lot better off than we are, unless of course you are the one prepared to wait until we are relegated, because I am 100% certain we are going to have a big fight to stay up this season now.

17942[/snapback]

Where do I mention "hysterical" board members?

You gave the guy "a week or two" :D

The "disaster area" that has won:

With Liverpool

FA Cup 1992

With Blackburn

Worthington Cup 2002

With Galatasaray

Turkish Cup 1996

With Rangers

Scottish league title 1987, 1989, 1990

Scottish league cup 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991

No I don't want us to get relegated.

West Ham

West Brom

Wigan

Sunderland

Portsmouth and

Fulham

Have reason to be worried though.

Like you said though, we have some excellent players. The same players who can't put a move together in 3 games in order to achieve what the game of football is ultimately about, scoring goals. So, if we've got a bunch of excellent players and it's not working, who's fault is that? Here's a clue;

_40695230_souness.jpg

Like you said though, we have some excellent players. The same players who can't put a move together in 3 games in order to achieve what the game of football is ultimately about, scoring goals. So, if we've got a bunch of excellent players and it's not working, who's fault is that? Here's a clue;

_40695230_souness.jpg

17955[/snapback]

The CLUB HAS NO STRIKERS.

We can speculate all we like about the whys and the wherefores.

All I'm saying is that in 10 games time, with a fair wind, and a couple of strikers, we could be back on track.

I don't see what moaning about it all here at this time of the season contributes to sorting out the problem.

You want him out now. I don't.

Heyho matey

_40695230_souness.jpg

17955[/snapback]

All I'm saying is that in 10 games time, with a fair wind, and a couple of strikers, we could be back on track.

I don't see what moaning about it all here at this time of the season contributes to sorting out the problem.

Heyho matey

17961[/snapback]

Everton had Marcus Bent last season, a team man for man not as good as ours yet they finsihed 10 places higher than us in the league, that says alot about us. As SLP said we have some excellent players but they are not producing, who do you blame?

The club has no strikers because of Souness. The club is unable to adapt to this problem, because Souness has no tactics. I don't see how pretending that we're round the corner of some kind of improbable revival contributes to sorting out the problem.

Heyho matey

17961[/snapback]

Just following your logic, what does pretending everything's rosy in the garden contribute to sorting out the problem. At least you've admitted there is a problem although I presume fans like me are to blame. Also, have you considered the possibility that we won't get two strikers in, as seems increasingly likely?

Edited by alex

The club has no strikers because of Souness.  The club is unable to adapt to this problem, because Souness has no tactics.  I don't see how pretending that we're round the corner of some kind of improbable revival contributes to sorting out the problem.

17967[/snapback]

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I just think negativity has made the situation worse.

The club has no strikers because of Souness.  The club is unable to adapt to this problem, because Souness has no tactics.  I don't see how pretending that we're round the corner of some kind of improbable revival contributes to sorting out the problem.

17967[/snapback]

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I just think negativity has made the situation worse.

17971[/snapback]

It's a symptom not a cause FFS!

17967[/snapback]

17971[/snapback]

17972[/snapback]

We disagree........ no big deal.

Where do I mention "hysterical" board members?

You gave the guy "a week or two"  :D

The "disaster area" that has won:

With Liverpool

FA Cup 1992

With Blackburn

Worthington Cup 2002

With Galatasaray

Turkish Cup 1996

With Rangers

Scottish league title 1987, 1989, 1990

Scottish league cup 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991

No I don't want us to get relegated.

West Ham

West Brom

Wigan

Sunderland

Portsmouth and

Fulham

Have reason to be worried though.

17954[/snapback]

Forget the Scottish titles, this is the reason fuckwit has forged a false reputation as a manager over the years and convinced himself he's a top manager who is always right.

He won the FA Cup for a team that was used to winning the league - a huge downward step which continued until they finished in their lowest league postion since the 1950's and Shankly's arrival, a position they have not repeated either since Souness was binned.

Turkish Cup with Galatasary is pretty much the same as the Scottish Cup with Rangers - so f**kin what.

The League Cup with Blackburn, and his first few years. Yes. The one good part of his CV. But then he ruined it by reverting to type and falling out with everyone, hence we now have him.

I wouldn't be so sure all those clubs will finish below us either. We will be in among them somewhere.

Yes "a week or two". It's called making decisions, if I ran the club I wouldn't have appointed him, but if someone did it my absence, he would have been out the door after that incident, along with the bugger that appointed him !

17967[/snapback]

17971[/snapback]

17972[/snapback]

We disagree........ no big deal.

17982[/snapback]

With regard to the fans being to blame for the club's problems, you're right we do disagree.

17961[/snapback]

Like who? 6 days till the window closes. Tick tock tick tock...

17965[/snapback]

Owen and Luque.

17969[/snapback]

Souness said the Luque deal is dead. I hope that Owen does come, but the fact Owen says he only wants to come on loan and Souness saying today that it's permanent or nothing doesn't bode well.

JUST FOR THE RECORD:

I didn't say the fans.

I said the negative hysterical ones.

And yes, we still disagree.  :D

17993[/snapback]

So? The negative fans are solely to blame for the current problems at the club? I'm just trying to get where you're coming from here.

_40695230_souness.jpg

17955[/snapback]

Heyho matey

17961[/snapback]

How are we going to get 2 new strikers in the next week when he's had about 9 months to do it, and chose to spend his money on 3 more midfield players, and a defender. We now have pushing for double figures in midfield players. So he has to sell.

There is only a limited amount of money. If you think there isn't, he has spent 20m since he came in, if you want to say he has sold players too, have a look at nufc.com [or talkofthetyne can't remember which] and you will see Shepherd who doesn't fund his managers has funded a net deficit over the last 5 years to the tune of about 50m quid.

I think allowing a manager 20m quid to improve on a team that qualified for the UEFA Cup is more than reasonable, and if there is nowt left, the figures are there to show why.

JUST FOR THE RECORD:

I didn't say the fans.

17993[/snapback]

So? The negative fans are solely to blame for the current problems at the club? I'm just trying to get where you're coming from here.

17996[/snapback]

There is an air of negativity and an inability to believe that we can do ok.

Why do you think we surrendered a 12 point lead and lost the title.

We are simply not confident in our ability to stand up and say: "This is us. Let's have it".

It's always the defence or the slope or the weather or the manager or the ref or the chairman or the wages or the cliques or Shearer or blah blah blah.

STAND UP AND SING YOUR HEARTS OUT FOR 90 MINUTES ON SATURDAY AND SEE IF IT HAS ANY EFFECT AT ALL.

JUST FOR THE RECORD:

I didn't say the fans.

17993[/snapback]

17996[/snapback]

We are simply not confident in our ability to stand up and say: "This is us. Let's have it".

It's always the defence or the slope or the weather or the manager or the ref or the chairman or the wages or the cliques or Shearer or blah blah blah.

STAND UP AND SING YOUR HEARTS OUT FOR 90 MINUTES ON SATURDAY AND SEE IF IT HAS ANY EFFECT AT ALL.

18002[/snapback]

Yes or no please.

JUST FOR THE RECORD:

I didn't say the fans.

17993[/snapback]

17996[/snapback]

18002[/snapback]

Yes or no please.

18010[/snapback]

YES AND NO.

Yes they are responsible for some of the problems at NUFC.

No not all of them.

Right, I've got work to do.

Ruffled feathers or not, I've enjoyed the banter.

You could all be right, but I hope not.

Cheers.