.COM pulling no punches

Skeletor

You don't know what you're doing

Bolton 2 Newcastle 0

A phrase normally reserved for referees but at the moment it applies to anyone who falls under the laughable banner of Newcastle United.

The Chairman, the Manager, the Coaching Staff and the players are taking this club to new depths and dragging us all down with them.

Never in the 113 year history of Newcastle United has a league campaign got off to a hat-trick of goalless games but after another pathetic performance at the Reebok Stadium this current shower has made unwanted history.

A goal in each half for the Trotters ensured that after three games we join Wigan and the mackems in the Premiership relegation zone. The opening season drama is now turning into a crisis.

And what can we expect in the next seven days? More transfer heartache as Owen et al fend us off with their bargepoles, a home defeat to Manchester United and then the ritual sacrifice of the Manager?

That won't wash anymore, something really drastic needs to happen for this club to gain any credibility from its fans and the football community at large.

A new Manager or the arrival of Michael Owen would only be like putting a sticking plaster over a festering sore. This club is rotten to the core - a whole barrel of bad apples, not just the odd one or two that have already been discarded.

All we need now is for Freddy Shepherd to tell us (via Sky) that "it's never dull here".

Don't you bloody dare....

Full match report to follow.

A new Manager or the arrival of Michael Owen would only be like putting a sticking plaster over a festering sore. This club is rotten to the core - a whole barrel of bad apples, not just the odd one or two that have already been discarded.

17741[/snapback]

They're not wrong like :D

17741[/snapback]

17767[/snapback]

Oh purLEASE!

Owen coming would be like bringing a world class striker to a club that needs a world class striker. :D

Yes, and it would be a small solution to cover up a much larger problem, hence the analogy.

17772[/snapback]

Most problems tend to disappear when things are going well.

ManU fans were saying their club is fucked but to most outside fans, it clearly isn't.

A few good results and a bit of luck are what we need.

Besides which, I can't see Freddy going, and if we sack Souness, we'll only get some dude saying it was Souey's fault for 9 months.

If you're going to sack a manager, do it at the END of a season, not the start.

Most problems tend to disappear when things are going well. - That statement just doesn't make any logical sense.

ManU fans were saying their club is fucked but to most outside fans, it clearly isn't. - I think their situation might be an ickle bit different to ours.

A few good results and a bit of luck are what we need. - So when we went on that 10(?) game winning streak last season and are now in one of the worst runs we've ever seen, what would you call that?

Besides which, I can't see Freddy going, and if we sack Souness, we'll only get some dude saying it was Souey's fault for 9 months. - Then Freddy will have hired the wrong manger, won't he?

If you're going to sack a manager, do it at the END of a season, not the start. - West Brom would have been relegated if they'd taken that advice.

If you're going to sack a manager, do it at the END of a season, not the start. - West Brom would have been relegated if they'd taken that advice.

17787[/snapback]

And we will too.

17790[/snapback]

I don't think we'll be relegated. I think if we sign a striker and can put out a first(ish) choice 11 most of the season then we'll have too much to be relegated. I admit though that I'm shocked at just how bad things are looking so early on in the season, especially in front of goal. Shearer (and it pains me to say it) is completely, 100% finished. There'll be no Indian summer or runs of good games this season from him. It's over and I think he'll struggle for even the 6 goals that he needs for the record.

It all depends on our home form. We'll struggle away, no doubt about it, but if we start to struggle at home then we're right in the shite.

So what are .Com saying exactly? Get rid of Shephard? Do nothing and not bring anyone in? Don't come to me with problems, come to me with solutions.

17741[/snapback]

17767[/snapback]

Oh purLEASE!

Owen coming would be like bringing a world class striker to a club that needs a world class striker. :D

17770[/snapback]

And the fact we are still left severely lacking in other areas, are skint having spent £18 million on one player, have a wafer thin squad and no cover? If owen gets injured we're back to being a team that can't score in 270 minutes of football, even aganst 10 man west ham.

Are they putting prozac in the water over there?

It all depends on our home form. We'll struggle away, no doubt about it, but if we start to struggle at home then we're right in the shite.

So what are .Com saying exactly? Get rid of Shephard? Do nothing and not bring anyone in? Don't come to me with problems, come to me with solutions.

17797[/snapback]

I had a senior manager that used to say that to me. Tit. :D

I aggree that we shouldn't fear of relegation. We are short in strikers, but we have a decent team. But our players are broken. Most of them seems to be absolute unintrested and this could lead to relegation. Leeds didn't have a very bad team either when they went doon imho.

We desperately need a motivator rather than a tactical genius.

17797[/snapback]

17804[/snapback]

That's what my manager says to me, albeit he's taking the piss when he does. He said it to me once and I answered 'resign.'

17797[/snapback]

17804[/snapback]

That's what my manager says to me, albeit he's taking the piss when he does. He said it to me once and I answered 'resign.'

17815[/snapback]

:D

Mine was serious. :icon_lol:

I aggree that we shouldn't fear of relegation. We are short in strikers, but we have a decent team.

17810[/snapback]

Strangely enough, thats almost word for word what the powers at Leeds said the season they went down with massive debts. Only difference is, we don't have the debt Leeds had, and far more money coming in than Leeds ever did. But if they persevere with Souness, we are up shit creek without a paddle OR a boat.

Edited by Phil K

Most problems tend to disappear when things are going well.  - That statement just doesn't make any logical sense. Most problems in life are in the mind. If we win a few games and climb up the table, things won't seem so bad.

ManU fans were saying their club is fucked but to most outside fans, it clearly isn't. - I think their situation might be an ickle bit different to ours. Thanks for the patronising tone. The point is, our problems aren't as bad as we think. There ARE problems-we need strikers FAST, but to people outside the bubble, we are not in crisis.

A few good results and a bit of luck are what we need. - So when we went on that 10(?) game winning streak last season and are now in one of the worst runs we've ever seen, what would you call that? Football.

Besides which, I can't see Freddy going, and if we sack Souness, we'll only get some dude saying it was Souey's fault for 9 months. - Then Freddy will have hired the wrong manger, won't he? WHO do you think we could attract at this stage of the season?

If you're going to sack a manager, do it at the END of a season, not the start. - West Brom would have been relegated if they'd taken that advice. We'll never know. FWIW, I suspect you're right, but I don't think our situations are the same.

17787[/snapback]

To people outside the bubble we're not in crisis? So the bookies who are slashing the odds on us sacking our manager after just 3 games into the season, the opposing fans gloating about our manager having to get the boot as early as this morning, the journalists and opposing fans who are treating our dire situation with either pity or glee are all outside the bubble?

The sole person who seems outside the bubble is you mate, you seem to be the only one willing to happily watch this club go to shit and smile about it all the while.

Should be interesting tho see what Anal says. With him being the barometer of what Fat Fred is doing and what he wants put out in the press. If it's business as usual then Souness maybe ok, but if his tone in the reports/general blabberings changes then the axe is well and truely being sharpened.

To people outside the bubble we're not in crisis?  So the bookies who are slashing the odds on us sacking our manager after just 3 games into the season, the opposing fans gloating about our manager having to get the boot as early as this morning, the journalists and opposing fans who are treating our dire situation with either pity or glee are all outside the bubble?

The sole person who seems outside the bubble is you mate, you seem to be the only one willing to happily watch this club go to shit and smile about it all the while.

17832[/snapback]

Well said. I can't actually decide whether KM is:

A: a wum

B: a relative of Souness/Shepherd

C: a complete fucking idiot

Odds on C like.

To people outside the bubble we're not in crisis?  So the bookies who are slashing the odds on us sacking our manager after just 3 games into the season, the opposing fans gloating about our manager having to get the boot as early as this morning, the journalists and opposing fans who are treating our dire situation with either pity or glee are all outside the bubble?

17832[/snapback]

Odds on C like.

17842[/snapback]

Or D: Anal Oliver :D

Most problems tend to disappear when things are going well.  - That statement just doesn't make any logical sense. Most problems in life are in the mind. If we win a few games and climb up the table, things won't seem so bad.

Yes and the same goes for every other club, the question is whether our problems, real or imagined, are bigger than 17 other clubs in the premier league.
ManU fans were saying their club is fucked but to most outside fans, it clearly isn't. - I think their situation might be an ickle bit different to ours. Thanks for the patronising tone. The point is, our problems aren't as bad as we think. There ARE problems-we need strikers FAST, but to people outside the bubble, we are not in crisis.

Man U are in a healthy state at all levels of the club; finances, team, management, reputation. Now they have a new owner who may or may not be a problem. There's no comparison.
A few good results and a bit of luck are what we need. - So when we went on that 10(?) game winning streak last season and are now in one of the worst runs we've ever seen, what would you call that? Football.

Yes, my point is that we've had that run you're talking about already and where are we now?
Besides which, I can't see Freddy going, and if we sack Souness, we'll only get some dude saying it was Souey's fault for 9 months. - Then Freddy will have hired the wrong manger, won't he? WHO do you think we could attract at this stage of the season?

Hitzfeld, Le Guen, Ranieri, O'Leary. We got our current manager in at this time last year, don't really see your point.
If you're going to sack a manager, do it at the END of a season, not the start. - West Brom would have been relegated if they'd taken that advice. We'll never know. FWIW, I suspect you're right, but I don't think our situations are the same.

I was offering you anecdotal evidence that your statement is false.

17787[/snapback]

For the record I was all for giving Souness until Christmas (not in such a minority on this board either). But after witnessing the West Ham game I said enough is enough. Can you name me a successful team using a target man with no movement in a 4-5-1 formation?

I don't think Shearer's finished either, Robson recognised the pivotal role a Bellamy style player would have in extending Shearer's career. A quality manager can get us top 4 this season with that squad, he'll need to buy 3/4 players in January.

Edited by DotBum

Oliver seems to be pally pally with Fat Fred, doesn't he now write an article in the match day programme? Very impartial journalism that like, being on NUFC's payroll. Supermac, for all the man is a legend, pisses me off the more I hear him. Another one who doesn't seem to want to rock the boat when he's in an excellent position to do so.

Just to further that point, Eric Gates had the balls to question the running of SAFC during the 19 point season and got himself banned from the SOS for it. At least he had the bollocks to tell it like it is having heard the fans ring up and tell them their feelings.

17832[/snapback]

Odds on C like.

17842[/snapback]

Or D: Anal Oliver :D

17845[/snapback]

Do you know what I think would be good.

Having Abramovich/Mourinho/Pele/Karl Heinz Rummenigge and Uncle Tom Cobley. It ain't going to happen.

I want us to do well. I'd like to see us win a trophy.

I just think that there is too much hysteria around the club which is mistaken for passion.

A club of our size SHOULD be winning the occasional cup and be finishing higher in the league. It is my conclusion that it is not the board/manager/players but THE INSANE HYSTERIA AROUND THIS CLUB.

I am a Newcastle fan with a life. You disagree. No problem. I don't think your anger is of any benefit to anyone or anything.

Do you know what I think would be good.

Having Abramovich/Mourinho/Pele/Karl Heinz Rummenigge and Uncle Tom Cobley. It ain't going to happen.

I want us to do well. I'd like to see us win a trophy.

I just think that there is too much hysteria around the club which is mistaken for passion.

A club of our size SHOULD be winning the occasional cup and be finishing higher in the league. It is my conclusion that it is not the board/manager/players but THE INSANE HYSTERIA AROUND THIS CLUB.

I am a Newcastle fan with a life. You disagree. No problem. I don't think your anger is of any benefit to anyone or anything.

17864[/snapback]

You've taken a wrong turn mate, this board is for the slightly less rabid and frenzied of us.

Edited by DotBum