nufc.com quote from nial mckenzie

Dr Gloom

For me, roeder should never have been given the job permanently but, like Souness, I certainly don't blame him for taking it. Which other Premiership club would have appointed him as manager based on winning ten league matches? None. The top four clubs wouldn't have even looked at his CV. So if we have ambitions to be a top six side then why did we? Meanwhile, a rotten club like Aston Villa manage to persuade Martin O'Neill back into football....

Like our striker transfer dealings, we had bags of time to make the right appointment and we failed miserably. There's only one place where the buck can stop where that's concerned but accountability at boardroom level isn't something this club has a great recent history of. Neither is winning trophies. The two seem to be inextricably entwined.

The piss poor planning on the appointment of our last two managers and finding a replacement for Shearer is staggering tbh.

A properly run club would never be in this situation.

There you go again, mentioning that word "planning". Clubs can't plan for anything - FACT!

The piss poor planning on the appointment of our last two managers and finding a replacement for Shearer is staggering tbh.

A properly run club would never be in this situation.

There you go again, mentioning that word "planning". Clubs can't plan for anything - FACT!

Well ours certainly can't. Or did you mean Leazes FACT?

For me, roeder should never have been given the job permanently but, like Souness, I certainly don't blame him for taking it. Which other Premiership club would have appointed him as manager based on winning ten league matches? None. The top four clubs wouldn't have even looked at his CV. So if we have ambitions to be a top six side then why did we? Meanwhile, a rotten club like Aston Villa manage to persuade Martin O'Neill back into football....

Like our striker transfer dealings, we had bags of time to make the right appointment and we failed miserably. There's only one place where the buck can stop where that's concerned but accountability at boardroom level isn't something this club has a great recent history of. Neither is winning trophies. The two seem to be inextricably entwined.

Quoted for truth, fuck me it really is sad days, the lowest for a while imo

Saying Villa were rotten is very harsh tbh and smacks of arrogance, totally misplaced when you look at the league table

Well, they did have the joint fifth best chair man in the league I suppose.

We've turned into Villa tbh. In fact, the comparisons are pretty scary.

We are very quickly turning into sunderland tbh

That's way over the top. We're nowhere near that bad.

Not that that's an excuse for accepting piss poor performances though.