Scotty Parker

East Stander

Sure is a bad sign when the captain has a right go back at the East Stand paddock. Looked to me like he shied out of a 50/50 and got some verbals which he made a point of returning and then sarcastically applauded the paddock. Was booed after every touch after that.

I personally cannot understand booing the captain BUT he did shy out of the tackle and can understand fans anger. A very messy situation and does not auger well for the future I think.

Today was the day when it was brought home that we will have real derby games next season and Keane aint going to get his team promoted.

Your avatar depresses me East Stander.

And yeah, I doubt his credentials as a captain. He can't seem to lead the team, and rally them on when we're doing crap. Moore did a better job on Thursday I reckon - kept everyone on their toes superbly.

How come we always seem to play better or at least get better results without Parker in the team then? For instance, his days with glandular fever were mini-halcyon days for us last year.

Maybe McDonald was right. :)

He was fucking SHIT today. When we needed someone to rally the troops he went missing. Not impressed with him at all today. I'm not saying he's a poor player or shouldn't be captain, I'm just saying he was very poor in all departments today.

He was fucking SHIT today. When we needed someone to rally the troops he went missing. Not impressed with him at all today. I'm not saying he's a poor player or shouldn't be captain, I'm just saying he was very poor in all departments today.

It was his worst game for the toon today like. And great stuff from tactical mastermind Roeder to start at home to shit opposition with Butt AND Parker in the middle, we weren't away to Madrid and it may just be me but i'd try and attack shite teams at St. James!

Then when he makes changes to alter his initial fuckup he takes of Nzogbia who we needed to stay on and Butt who'd played alright compared to Parker and needless to say we got worse.

Liked the people who award man of the match giving it to Milner who'd been subbed, people had a good laugh at that! Personally since he was half time hero i'd have named Scott Sellars man of the match!

It was his worst game for the toon today like. And great stuff from tactical mastermind Roeder to start at home to shit opposition with Butt AND Parker in the middle, we weren't away to Madrid and it may just be me but i'd try and attack shite teams at St. James!

Then when he makes changes to alter his initial fuckup he takes of Nzogbia who we needed to stay on and Butt who'd played alright compared to Parker and needless to say we got worse.

Liked the people who award man of the match giving it to Milner who'd been subbed, people had a good laugh at that! Personally since he was half time hero i'd have named Scott Sellars man of the match!

That's what the lad just down from me said. ;)

I thought N'Zogbia was poor and probably deserved to go off tbh. But subbing Milner made no sense whatsoever and there was a canny bit of booing of the decision as Milner left the field.

You wonder what's going through Roeder's head though. I just don't think he knows what he's doing at the minute.

And yeah, I doubt his credentials as a captain. He can't seem to lead the team, and rally them on when we're doing crap. Moore did a better job on Thursday I reckon - kept everyone on their toes superbly.

Maybe so but my man on the right of my avatar would easily beat yours ;)

I was all for Parker being the new captain but he was totally in the wrong the way he reacted today.

I thought N'Zogbia was poor and probably deserved to go off tbh. But subbing Milner made no sense whatsoever and there was a canny bit of booing of the decision as Milner left the field.

You wonder what's going through Roeder's head though. I just don't think he knows what he's doing at the minute.

He wasn't having a great game but we all know exactly where the game was goign to go 2nd half and how much we'd struggle and even off form he's about our only chance! He came the closest we managed to scoring, either by mis-hit cross or as some peopel thought from the replay, deliberately trying to sneak one past the keeper.

With Milner i didn't have a big problem with him being subbed as his crossing when under no pressure at all actually defied belief with how shite it was, he did 3 within about 30 seconds at one point. If Milner only got paid if he managed to clear the first man more than once a game he'd be broke! As usual he worked hard and got into some great positions but his end product was woefull!

What everyone wants to know is what has Carr got over Roeder, some dirty pics or something because no matter how he or other people play at RB you know he'll be straight back in the team asap!

Maybe so but my man on the right of my avatar would easily beat yours ;)

I was all for Parker being the new captain but he was totally in the wrong the way he reacted today.

I know, they both would. But it depresses me when I wonder when the next time we have a striker with the qualities of a fully fit Owen or Sheaer in his prime. <_<

By the way, Emre's set piece deliveries are beyond a joke. There's no way we practice this sort of thing in training.

It is so obvious, the number of different players that take them, the lack of ideas and the shit delivery tell you there is little or no work on them, and the same goes for defending them!

People are now seeing exactly what happens with players when your club has the very worst coaching staff going. You see them disorganised, clueless, lacking any sort of gameplan and knowledge of what they should be doing and the players get steadilly worse instead of improving.

And i don't even want to start on throw-ins because our are beyond a joke!

He looks like a man under pressure, pale and ill. It's clearly getting to him.

He looked on the verge of bursting into tears on MOTD. At least well done to him for being honest. He probably realies he's a shite manager. Doesn't make up excuses like a certain previous Newcastle manager.

If it's making him ill and he doesn't know what he's doing, he should do the decent thing tbh. We are so fucked this season. Successive mistakes from that dickhead in charge are coming home to roost.

It doesn't even bear thinking about, but if Shepherd hadn't had the luxury of appointing Bobby Robson without even having to think about it, he would probably already have his first relegation as Newcastle Chairman on his CV. Fuck knows who we would have got instead of Robson.

Guest Patrokles

Everything he normally does so well just wasn't there today.

Running about like a twat?

Now I see why you like Luque. he doesn't move at all. ;)

I hate Nicky Butt, absolutely loath him after that cup semi-final but at half time when Emre replaced him and Parker was left on the pitch, I was amazed. When Butt gave the ball up, he chased it down and won back possession, when Parker gave it away he just jogged after the opposition player.

And Duff, I always rated him but I'm now starting to think he was made look a lot better player at Chelsea than he really is (rovers was a long time ago so it doesn't count). The amount of times he tries to shoot when all he need to do is pass is ridiculous and for a left sided midfielder he can't cross to save his life. I know our brains trust has him playing up front but even when he draws them wide his delivery is non-existent, he just blasts it into the defender every time.

I thought N'Zogbia was poor and probably deserved to go off.............................

......I agree with that, he was contributing nothing.

I certainly wonder, I thought he should have started Luque(as much as I think he's useless) with Rossi not Duffy who is also not living up to expectations.

I also think Roeder should have started Emre and Solano, what did giving them 45 minutes extra rest prove?

And I think he should have started Taylor instead of Carr at right back, but what do I know!

I thought N'Zogbia was poor and probably deserved to go off.............................

......I agree with that, he was contributing nothing.

I certainly wonder, I thought he should have started Luque(as much as I think he's useless) with Rossi not Duffy who is also not living up to expectations.

I also think Roeder should have started Emre and Solano, what did giving them 45 minutes extra rest prove?

And I think he should have started Taylor instead of Carr at right back, but what do I know!

Add Damage for Babayaro, who seems week in week out to try and get himself sent off/caught out of position/does fuck all and Krul for Harper, seriously if Harper has a groin strain and the way he winces in pain every so often when he has to kick the ball, it seems obvious there is a problem - actually fuck it, considering the team played well against the joint top Serie A team and won, why would you not go with the winning combination????

Butt hasn't done a bad job every time he has played this season tbh. I've forgiven him for the Semi-Final already. At least he has a bit of heart unlike our captain yesterday who was fucking atrocious. There was one point in the second half where he lost the ball and his head actually dropped and he refused to go and get the ball back.

Not what you want to see from your supposed leader.

Edited by Sima