Scotty Parker

East Stander

I thought N'Zogbia was poor and probably deserved to go off.............................

......I agree with that, he was contributing nothing.

You wonder what's going through Roeder's head though. I just don't think he knows what he's doing at the minute.

I certainly wonder, I thought he should have started Luque(as much as I think he's useless) with Rossi not Duffy who is also not living up to expectations.

I also think Roeder should have started Emre and Solano, what did giving them 45 minutes extra rest prove?

And I think he should have started Taylor instead of Carr at right back, but what do I know!

Add Damage for Babayaro, who seems week in week out to try and get himself sent off/caught out of position/does fuck all and Krul for Harper, seriously if Harper has a groin strain and the way he winces in pain every so often when he has to kick the ball, it seems obvious there is a problem - actually fuck it, considering the team played well against the joint top Serie A team and won, why would you not go with the winning combination????

In the pre-match interview Roeder came out with the weirdest piece of psychology I've ever heard from a manager. He said that he likes to take youngsters out of the team after a good game so that they will have a good memory when they play the next time. ;)

Your avatar depresses me East Stander.

And yeah, I doubt his credentials as a captain. He can't seem to lead the team, and rally them on when we're doing crap. Moore did a better job on Thursday I reckon - kept everyone on their toes superbly.

Maybe so but my man on the right of my avatar would easily beat yours ;)

I was all for Parker being the new captain but he was totally in the wrong the way he reacted today.

I know, they both would. But it depresses me when I wonder when the next time we have a striker with the qualities of a fully fit Owen or Sheaer in his prime. <_<

Never mind Shearer in his prime, I'd settle for a striker with the qualities of a Shearer that was to put his boots back on tomorrow. Ok he'd probably not be able to do much other than walk, and may have to be stretcherd on and off at 1/2 time and full time, but I'd still be more hopeful of him finding the back of the net than almost anyone on Newcastles books at the moment. <_<

Guest Patrokles

Roeder took off the players who had played thursday and left on the ones who didn't. I would assume that's the reasoning behind it.

Roeder took off the players who had played thursday and left on the ones who didn't. I would assume that's the reasoning behind it.

Assume all you like benny boy, it's got fuck all to do with football reasons and what gets the team results.

You don't need to justify or defend Roeder's actions, so don't.

Guest Patrokles

Assume all you like benny boy, it's got fuck all to do with football reasons and what gets the team results.

You don't need to justify or defend Roeder's actions, so don't.

... ;)<_<<_<

I hate Nicky Butt, absolutely loath him after that cup semi-final but at half time when Emre replaced him and Parker was left on the pitch, I was amazed. When Butt gave the ball up, he chased it down and won back possession, when Parker gave it away he just jogged after the opposition player.

And Duff, I always rated him but I'm now starting to think he was made look a lot better player at Chelsea than he really is (rovers was a long time ago so it doesn't count). The amount of times he tries to shoot when all he need to do is pass is ridiculous and for a left sided midfielder he can't cross to save his life. I know our brains trust has him playing up front but even when he draws them wide his delivery is non-existent, he just blasts it into the defender every time.

Amazing to think some people STILL haven't gotten over an event that happened 19 months ago. ;)

I hate Nicky Butt, absolutely loath him after that cup semi-final but at half time when Emre replaced him and Parker was left on the pitch, I was amazed. When Butt gave the ball up, he chased it down and won back possession, when Parker gave it away he just jogged after the opposition player.

And Duff, I always rated him but I'm now starting to think he was made look a lot better player at Chelsea than he really is (rovers was a long time ago so it doesn't count). The amount of times he tries to shoot when all he need to do is pass is ridiculous and for a left sided midfielder he can't cross to save his life. I know our brains trust has him playing up front but even when he draws them wide his delivery is non-existent, he just blasts it into the defender every time.

Amazing to think some people STILL haven't gotten over an event that happened 19 months ago. ;)

Ok let me rephrase it for you and your sensitive eyes.

I hate Nicky Butt, absolutely loath him after that cup semi-final a time when the team really needed to stand up after the way they lay down in the UEFA Cup semi-final, also for his complete lack of heart that whole season, the way he ran to one of his ex-manic wanker mates to escape the responsibility of his lask of commitment to a team willing to pay his over inflated wage and how once under Steve Bruce's wing he did nothing on the pitch but in the media sprouted how he'd love to get away from Newcastle and stay with Brum because they were such a good club, only for him to then land back on our door step and expect a pat on the back and forgiveness but at half time when Emre replaced him and Parker was left on the pitch, I was amazed. When Butt gave the ball up, he chased it down and won back possession, when Parker gave it away he just jogged after the opposition player.

That make you feel better?

Bet you also forgive Dyer/Bowyer for all their sins and shame they have brought to the club?

And you just can't wait until Dyer is back because it's going to be "like a new signing."

Be nice if some people actually had convictions instead of moaning one moment and cheering out their arse for the exact same player moments later.

By the way I'm thinking that Butt and Emre are our best combination in the centre at the moment but it still doesn't mean I have to like the guy.

Aye, Butt has been much better this season imo, while Parker has got steadily worse. I think in our current plight we need to keep N'Zogbia in the middle, with either Butt or Parker. A midfield combination that inlcudes two of Parker, Butt, or Emre is far too negative and part of the problem for me.

Aye, Butt has been much better this season imo, while Parker has got steadily worse. I think in our current plight we need to keep N'Zogbia in the middle, with either Butt or Parker. A midfield combination that inlcudes two of Parker, Butt, or Emre is far too negative and part of the problem for me.

I would personally go for the Zog - Butt combination. I've never rated Parker as a player.

What has Zog ever done in the middle to warrant a starting place there? Fair enough to give him a chance, but he doesn't deserve to be there ahead of others.

At least there would be some forward movement, Emre, Parker and Butt all sit to deep for my liking.

The one time Parker ventured forward on Saturday the ball landed at his feet and he had an opportunity to shoot.

The way Nobby keeps cutting inside it might be worth starting him in the centre with Butt with Milner and Charlie on the flanks.

I hate Nicky Butt, absolutely loath him after that cup semi-final a time when the team really needed to stand up after the way they lay down in the UEFA Cup semi-final, also for his complete lack of heart that whole season, the way he ran to one of his ex-manic wanker mates to escape the responsibility of his lask of commitment to a team willing to pay his over inflated wage and how once under Steve Bruce's wing he did nothing on the pitch but in the media sprouted how he'd love to get away from Newcastle and stay with Brum because they were such a good club, only for him to then land back on our door step and expect a pat on the back and forgiveness but at half time when Emre replaced him and Parker was left on the pitch, I was amazed. When Butt gave the ball up, he chased it down and won back possession, when Parker gave it away he just jogged after the opposition player.

Bet you also forgive Dyer/Bowyer for all their sins and shame they have brought to the club?

And you just can't wait until Dyer is back because it's going to be "like a new signing."

Be nice if some people actually had convictions instead of moaning one moment and cheering out their arse for the exact same player moments later.

By the way I'm thinking that Butt and Emre are our best combination in the centre at the moment but it still doesn't mean I have to like the guy.

Nicky Butt was guilty of a non-performance in the semi final. He then walked off the pitch without cheering the fans, probably because he's not used to playing in front of such a precious bunch that need THEIR performance in the stands to be applauded. He's used to playing in front of fans that you reward with trophies, not applause. The hugging Alex Ferguson bit was ill-advised, but it was hardly evidence that he was a double agent or anything. This season he has looked a decent enough player for us, and I would be starting him in games, but NOT alongside Parker, at home, against relegation candidates.

Dyer has done very little wrong other than be injured and get paid too much. I can't understand why folk hate him for that.

I think Parker is carrying an injury but that is no excuse for his bottling out of tackles and then having a go at the croud when they slag him off for it.

He should be immediately stripped of the captaincy for it at the very least.

Carr who did a similar thing at half time should just be booted out of the club full stop because he is fucking useless.

Nicky Butt was guilty of a non-performance in the semi final. He then walked off the pitch without cheering the fans, probably because he's not used to playing in front of such a precious bunch that need THEIR performance in the stands to be applauded. He's used to playing in front of fans that you reward with trophies, not applause. The hugging Alex Ferguson bit was ill-advised, but it was hardly evidence that he was a double agent or anything. This season he has looked a decent enough player for us, and I would be starting him in games, but NOT alongside Parker, at home, against relegation candidates.

Dyer has done very little wrong other than be injured and get paid too much. I can't understand why folk hate him for that.

As you know I disagree with you about Butt but you're welcome to your opinion. As for Dyer, what's he done wrong apart from being injured all the time? How long have you got? Being instrumental in the downfall of Robson might be a good place to start.

Edited by Renton

Bloke at work reckons it all happened in front of him, and Parker was a disgrace. He was so incensed by it that he ended up in the anti-Shepherd gathering. I'm not sure if he'd gone around there with an anti-Parker protest in his mind and got side-tracked.

As you know I disagree with you about Butt but your welcome to your opinion. As for Dyer, what's he done wrong apart from being injured all the time? How long have you got? Being instrumental in the downfall of Robson might be a good place to start.

Robson was instrumental in his own downfall tbh. He let them get away with murder and they played on it.

Come on then, what's he done? I'll let you know in advance though that I'm not accepting crashing his car as crime of the century.

Bloke at work reckons it all happened in front of him, and Parker was a disgrace. He was so incensed by it that he ended up in the anti-Shepherd gathering. I'm not sure if he'd gone around there with an anti-Parker protest in his mind and got side-tracked.

*makes a note to get some PARKER OUT! t-shirts made and flog them at £5.99 a piece*

Amazing to think some people STILL haven't gotten over an event that happened 19 months ago. <_<

As you know I disagree with you about Butt but your welcome to your opinion. As for Dyer, what's he done wrong apart from being injured all the time? How long have you got? Being instrumental in the downfall of Robson might be a good place to start.

Robson was instrumental in his own downfall tbh. He let them get away with murder and they played on it.

Come on then, what's he done? I'll let you know in advance though that I'm not accepting crashing his car as crime of the century.

He crashe.........oh!

I'll get back to you ;)

Besides pissing in the street and getting caught, fighting with Bowyer on the pitch (Scotty you know it takes at least two to fuck or fight, though I'm not sure if you've experienced the first) and don't doubt he wasn't part of the problem, besides throwing the captain's armband to the ground, besides burning currency in front of people to show how well the club over pays him, besides the fact that there are other issues to his injuries and that is why he doesn't play many games for us, besides he has been a young gun for 6 years plus and done nowt accept put his hand out for his handsome wage.

Need I go on?

Edited by sammynb

His twattish behaviour when he's on the lash is legendary. You can choose to ignore this if you like, but I choose not to. Plus he has to be the most overpaid and over-rated player in our history. I can forgive good players to an extent, but the money we have pissed up the wall on Dyer beggars belief. For me, Dyer is the epitome of everything that is wrong with the modern day footballer, he hasn't got a professional bone in his body.