Scotty Parker

East Stander

According to SSN he put in a huge effort tonight and was our driving force. I think it was him who threw his shirt into the crowd afterwards, didn't seem to be any hard feelings there.

I hope not too.

Guest Patrokles

If I'd given basically everything I could for the entire season, been on the end of numerous frustrating results, seen nothing come off for the team I'm captaining, been stuck in the middle of a shitty shitty team performance in which I personally knew I wasn't doing myself justice, and I copped abuse for pulling out of one tackle, I'd probably in the heat of the moment tell the guy to fuck off, too. It's not like he could have been accused of bottling any other tackle in any other game this season.

If I'd given basically everything I could for the entire season, been on the end of numerous frustrating results, seen nothing come off for the team I'm captaining, been stuck in the middle of a shitty shitty team performance in which I personally knew I wasn't doing myself justice, and I copped abuse for pulling out of one tackle, I'd probably in the heat of the moment tell the guy to fuck off, too. It's not like he could have been accused of bottling any other tackle in any other game this season.

Bad timing I guess...

All in the heat of the moment... it happens... it's over.

He didn't have a go at one guy though, he was gesturing to the crowd in general. And this came after a whole game where he seemed to be just going through the motions rather than just one bottled tackle.

That said I'm glad he seems to have reacted to it in the right manner and his reactions at the final whistle were good. I still think he should come out and appologise though even if it's just as part of an interview about last nights game. It doesn't need him to come out groveling just to acknowlege what he has done.

I'm sorry

Nov 8 2006

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Scott Parker celebrates scoring in the Carling Cup against Watford

Scott Parker left Vicarage Road with his head held high and his reputation restored after leading Newcastle United into the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup with a dramatic penalty shoot-out win over Watford.

Not only did the inspirational skipper grab a late injury time equaliser, but he also made his peace with the United travelling supporters and appears to have been forgiven by the Toon Army after apologising to them for his outburst in the dismal defeat by Sheffield United at St James's Park.

On Saturday, the England international was involved in a shouting match with a section of home fans after he appeared to pull out of a tackle, and then sarcastically applauded supporters.

But such were his efforts last night - and indeed all season - that long before his late extra-time equaliser, the magnificent travelling Toon Army were chanting their skipper's name.

Both were rewarded when Parker became the first United skipper to lead the club to victory in a penalty shoot- out.

Midnight was fast approaching as a clearly delighted Parker told me at an otherwise deserted Vicarage Road: "I know I should not have done what I did at St James's Park on Saturday and I can only say sorry and apologise to our supporters.

"It was all heat-of-the-moment stuff when the passion and the pressure both boiled over.

"All I can say in my defence is that all the players want to win for these magnificent fans we have got here at Newcastle United.

"We know we were nowhere near what we should have been against Sheffield United on Saturday and that we did not apply ourselves.

"We have come in for a lot of criticism since Saturday but we have stuck together and we have got our reward tonight and now we are really looking forward to take things on from here.

"This was a very important victory for us to get into the last eight of the Carling Cup on a long night when not a lot of football was played.

"Watford made it very difficult for us by putting the ball in the air for a lot of the time.

"But when we did get it down and play a bit, we seemed to cut them open.

"We should have been a couple of goals up at half-time, but it wasn't to be and this put a lot of pressure on us throughout the second half.

"Even so, we could still have won it in normal time when Damien Duff hit the post and when they scored late on we showed great resilience to come back

into it when Nobby Solano sent me in for our equaliser.

"He saw me make my run and I left it late and there were a couple of things going through my mind.

"I was going to shoot early on but it bobbled a bit and all I had to do was dink it over the top of the keeper.

"Obviously, we are all delighted to have won and I must say that if we hadn't, we would have been devastated."

See, that's all it takes.

But does it? What are all the folk who called for his head and want him torn limb from limb and sent back south in a box, never to play for us again going to say about it??????????? :razz::dancing:

Precious supporters: love 'em :icon_lol:

I think the majority of them will say that he has grafted his bollox off in nearly every game he has played for us and although they are disapointed with his actions they accept he is disapointed also and only wants to do well for the club and will allow him the chance to prove that.

Of course there are those who still think Dyer should be hung drawn and quartered for not showing enough respect for the captains armband and I expect a few of them will come out with some dickhead actions as soon as they get the chance.

• 4 years later...

West Ham midfielder Scott Parker has been voted 2011 Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers' Association.

Parker, 30 topped the poll of journalists ahead of Tottenham winger Gareth Bale, who was last week named the Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year.

West Ham midfielder Scott Parker has been voted 2011 Footballer of the Year by the Football Writers' Association.

Parker, 30 topped the poll of journalists ahead of Tottenham winger Gareth Bale, who was last week named the Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year.

When asked to comment on the award, Parker said, "Oh, it's right up there with all my football greatest moments, like being presented with that Eurotacky plaque thingy whilst at Newcastle United." *insert pic of him being presented with said tacky plaquee, where he was trying to look calm and not completely embarrassed by the crassness of it all*

i thought that was a joke at first like. unbelievable decision

When asked to comment on the award, Parker said, "Oh, it's right up there with all my football greatest moments, like being presented with that Eurotacky plaque thingy whilst at Newcastle United." *insert pic of him being presented with said tacky plaquee, where he was trying to look calm and not completely embarrassed by the crassness of it all*

:)

11810830580.jpg

"Right now, I hate myself"

One of the most overrated footballers in my time watching the game. "What a good tackle by Scotty Parker" I can just hear Ian Darke's voice, he was 1/10th the player Gary Speed was, and Tiote is, he's in a side which will get relegated, and he's won this award. If he played for Sunderland or an Everton type club he would not win this award. Sums up what a London-centric nation we live in.

In a side that will most likely be relegated, but if he wasn't there they'd already be down. Noone has stood out really, Bale getting PFA was a joke really as well. If Berbatov wasn't so stroppy and lazy he'd have been in with a good shot.

Not sure why Tevez has been left out of peoples thoughts. He has more or less dragged Man city to where they are now. The diving prick Nani has been superb as well.

Bale was superb first few months of the season. Apparently the players vote 1/2 way through the season.

I'd rather it went to Charlie Adam than Scott Parker. He has had similar influence over a nearly-relegated team. He can play a bit of football as well.

Bale was superb first few months of the season. Apparently the players vote 1/2 way through the season.

The PFA award is apparently for the calendar year rather than the season,.

Edited by ewerk