What's Shepherd Done Right & Wrong?

Happy Face

Right

1. Spent our ticket money on the first team.

2. Sold Woodgate for a score.

3. Sold Jenas for a score.

4. Appointed Bobby Robson.

5. Took capacity over 52,000.

6. Moved training to new Darsley Park facility.

Wrong

1. Called Newcastle women “Dogs”.

2. Called Alan Shearer “Mary Poppins”.

3. Then said “Alan Shearer is a true professional and is the epitome of all that is good about this terrific game. His loyalty, commitment and total dedication over the years has provided, and continues to provide, football supporters with superb entertainment.”

4. Mocked fans who pay silly money for strips.

5. Caught in a brothel.

6. Voted himself back on to the board just 10 months after resigning.

7. Took ₤5.5M in share dividends.

8. Took ₤2.8M in salary

9. Sacked Bobby Robson four games into the season.

10. Sold Gary Speed without a word to the manager

11. Sacked Kenny Dalglish 2 games into the season, immediately after spending £15M.

12. Sacked Ruud Gullit 3 weeks into the season.

13. Tried to offload Bowyer without informing the manager

14. Promised Robson the rest of the season before sacking him.

15. Undermined Robson’s position by telling everyone he was away at the end of the season.

16. Instigated the Signing of Kluivert.

17. Instigated the Signing of Butt.

18. Instigated the sale of Woodgate.

19. Ran to the Daily Express to confirm reports of the Shearer Bellamy text fun.

20. Said "If I told you who wants to come to Newcastle, you'd be astounded. Of course they want to come to Newcastle, they all want to come to Newcastle. Anybody leaving here, unless they go to Chelsea, is going down. Let's face it, one of the big reasons for Chelsea is the rewards at Chelsea. Fine, I have not got a problem with that and I would probably be the same if I was a player. But where do you go when you leave Newcastle?"

21. Said “When we have got 52,000 fans at each home game, the last thing we are worried about is clubs in the third division, there is no sympathy here"

22. Backed Bowyer and Dyer after a public brawl.

23. Sold Bellamy for a pittance for expressing his unhappiness with not playing.

24. Said “You should only say good things when somebody leaves. Robert has gone - good!”

25. Said “Glenn Roeder and Alan Shearer are quite capable of getting us through to the end of the season. There is no hurry. We don't want to be rushed into giving it to the wrong man, we'll be very careful.”

26. Said “Rest assured, we are working ceaselessly towards getting our new manager in place, but only when the time is right will we name the man to lead the team in the immediate future. One thing is for certain: we have a long list of candidates of the highest caliber to select from.” before appointing Glenn Roeder.

27. Over £6m paid out in compensation to sacked managers.

28. Moved the AGM to London.

29. Took fans to court over the SOS farce.

30. Running at a £12m loss.

31. Paid Blackburn £800,000 to buy-out Souness’ Ewood contract which was going to be terminated anyway.

32. Sacked Kevin Bond a few weeks after appointing him.

33. Lost the only qualified man at the club in Tommy Craig who left in dubious circumstances.

34. Sanctioned deals worth £50million on defensive players (3 of which account for more than £20M), but spent more than £150Million on attacking players.

35. Paid his own company an inflated price for shirt storage.

36. Said he'd punch John Barnwell on the nose.

37. Spent £17Million on an injury prone Owen.

38. Spent £9.5Million on Albert Luque's slower, less accurate lookalike.

39. Spent over £10Million on a circus pygmy.

40. Chose to accept the £350,000 Sky cash and play on Saturday night despite a tiring UEFA Cup trip to Sicily on Thursday.

What have I missed?

Edited by Happy Face

Why no mention of his biggest fuck ups, appointing Souness and Roeder?

Also I think you are greatly underestimating how many dividends he has paid to himself even when the club was clearly failing. Of course, that was OK, as he was "putting the money back into the club", by buying more shares hence more dividends! Hurrah!

Aye, Woodgate was our best bit of outgoing business. Well, that and the Jenas one.

However, we all know the manager takes these decisions and the chairman doesn't get involved so you can't credit Shepherd with them... ;)

Edited by nufc4ever

With Fat Fred the one thing his defenders will always say is that he always "Backs his managers with money"

This is true, but it isn't his money, its the clubs and anyone of us could sit there taking out dividends and handing out the clubs money to managers. The difference is that the rest of us wouldn't have been hadinng it out to Gullit, Souness and Roeder at various points in our chairmanship, because we're not fat imbeciles!

Aye, Woodgate was our best bit of outgoing business. Well, that and the Jenas one.

However, we all know the manager takes these decisions and the chairman doesn't get involved so you can't credit Shepherd with them... ;)

<_<<_< Naughty!

The difference is that the rest of us wouldn't have been hadinng it out to Gullit, Souness and Roeder at various points in our chairmanship, because we're not fat imbeciles!

Apart from maybe Gullit, the rest of us wouldnt have even appointed those managers in the first place.

Choose Newcastle. Choose a dog. Choose Mary poppins. Choose being caught in a brothel. Choose a fucking big salary, Choose share dividends, Sir Bobby robson, Greame souness, and Glenn roeder. Choose being fat, low cholesterol and Mince pies. Choose getting rid of players behind the managers back. Choose to start bidding wars with no chance of winning. Choose comfy heated seats for the dugout in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose watching your team on saturday and then wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that seat in the stadium watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing football, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned upon us. Choose your future. Choose the championship... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

Edited by @yourservice

The difference is that the rest of us wouldn't have been hadinng it out to Gullit, Souness and Roeder at various points in our chairmanship, because we're not fat imbeciles!

Apart from maybe Gullit, the rest of us wouldnt have even appointed those managers in the first place.

To be fair to me at the time Dalglish seemed like a sound appointment.

You're missing some pros tbh, but don't let that get in your way

What have I missed?

tbh

Eh? I answered your question, you mongoloid.

Not very well though, you tit.

Just wondering, how up to date is your sig? Is Roeder's win percentage still that high?

You're missing some pros tbh, but don't let that get in your way

What have I missed?

tbh

Eh? I answered your question, you mongoloid.

Not very well though, you tit.

Just wondering, how up to date is your sig? Is Roeder's win percentage still that high?

Aye. He's won 20 out of 35. I'm keeping it updated match to match.

Obviously he's shit and entirely incapable of turning this around, but I'll be giving him unswerving support to avoid Shepherd being the one to decide who should replace him.

Edited by Happy Face

To be fair to me at the time Dalglish seemed like a sound appointment.

That's why i left him out. Dalglish seemed to everyone to be the right appointment and you can't knock Fat Fred for that decision as it was a good decision which just didn't work out as planned. Gullit with a bit of thought wouldn't have been his choice but isn't Fred's worst choice by far, that honour goes to Souness and he's followed that with Roeder!