Heroes

The Fish

NBC has dished out early renewals to four of its top-rated shows.

The news guarantees third and fourth seasons for Thursday night comedies The Office and My Name Is Earl respectively. Both series have registered a more than 20% gain in the 18-49 demo across the season-to-date.

Also part of the pickup is Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, which will return for its ninth season in 2007-08. The series - the best rated of the Law & Order franchise - maintains its timeslot lead in the 18-49 demo by a margin of 50%.

The announcement also confirms a second season for Heroes, the number one new series of the current season.

"These four series represent some of the best of what we consider to be the NBC brand of quality shows," said Kevin Reilly, president of NBC Entertainment. "It is a pleasure to give them an early renewal to develop more stories for next year since we know they will remain both critical and commercial successes for a long time to come."

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christopher Eccleston is reportedly set for a recurring role in American science fiction drama Heroes.

According to the American magazine TV Guide, the former Doctor Who star will be joining the cast of the NBC drama in January. Details of his character have yet to be released.

Heroes, currently in its first season, revolves around a group of ordinary people discovering they have extraordinary powers. Earlier this year Eccleston was rumoured to have landed the lead role in Sky One remake of classic series The Prisoner, but this has so far proved unfounded.

That'd be good (Ecclestone in Heroes), but if they fuck up The Prisoner I won't be happy!! Write something new for fuck's sake, stop ripping off old stuff.

Still maintain jericho is getting better by the episode. It was slow to start but its wicked now!

The nine is abysmal! I cant believe they cancelled runaway and left this pile of wank running!

Jericho got steadily better and better, hope that continues into the next run.

The nine was shite, I only watched it out of habit in the end, have they cancelled it? Not that I'll be watching if they haven't like.

You still watching this pap Indi?

No, because it's on a break at the moment. :rolleyes:

Actually, the only pap I'm trying to watch at the moment is Battlestar Bogstandardica, which I'm struggling through in the seemingly vain hope of it living up to your recommendation. I'm up to episode 5, please tell me it gets better from there. :rolleyes:

Actually, the only pap I'm trying to watch at the moment is Battlestar Bogstandardica, which I'm struggling through in the seemingly vain hope of it living up to your recommendation. I'm up to episode 5, please tell me it gets better from there. :mellow:

The deeper you get into it the better it gets. I would imagine all the retro-sci fi stuff would have one coming in their pants.....Yes?

You still remain pawned by Dexter dear. :rolleyes:

Actually, the only pap I'm trying to watch at the moment is Battlestar Bogstandardica, which I'm struggling through in the seemingly vain hope of it living up to your recommendation. I'm up to episode 5, please tell me it gets better from there. :mellow:

The deeper you get into it the better it gets. I would imagine all the retro-sci fi stuff would have one coming in their pants.....Yes?

Dexter is superb.

Dexter is superb.

Best telly thing I've seen in ages. Loved it.

No, because it's on a break at the moment. :mellow:

Actually, the only pap I'm trying to watch at the moment is Battlestar Bogstandardica, which I'm struggling through in the seemingly vain hope of it living up to your recommendation. I'm up to episode 5, please tell me it gets better from there. :rolleyes:

Dexter is superb.

Oh yeah, that thing, I'd forgotten about that, it was thrilling, as you can undoubtedly tell. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually, the only pap I'm trying to watch at the moment is Battlestar Bogstandardica, which I'm struggling through in the seemingly vain hope of it living up to your recommendation. I'm up to episode 5, please tell me it gets better from there. :lol:

Dexter is superb.

Oh yeah, that thing, I'd forgotten about that, it was thrilling, as you can undoubtedly tell. :rolleyes::mellow:

Well Bluf was gagging for it. Started moaning there wasn't a second series ready to watch.

I'm getting worried about you....Heroes and now you seemed to have convinced yersel Jericho is ok. :rolleyes:

Best stick to the indi/avant garde cinema love. :rolleyes:

Actually, the only pap I'm trying to watch at the moment is Battlestar Bogstandardica, which I'm struggling through in the seemingly vain hope of it living up to your recommendation. I'm up to episode 5, please tell me it gets better from there. :lol:

You still remain pawned by Dexter dear. :lol:

Dexter is superb.

Oh yeah, that thing, I'd forgotten about that, it was thrilling, as you can undoubtedly tell. :rolleyes::mellow:

Well Bluf was gagging for it. Started moaning there wasn't a second series ready to watch.

I'm getting worried about you....Heroes and now you seemed to have convinced yersel Jericho is ok. :rolleyes:

Best stick to the indi/avant garde cinema love. :rolleyes:

What you two do in your spare time is of no concern to me. :rolleyes:

I'll probably give it another go, sometime, anyway.

Eric Roberts is joining the cast of NBC's hit Heroes. Roberts will play an associate of mysterious H.R.G. (Horn-Rimmed Glasses).

Roberts starred in the ABC sitcom Less Than Perfect as news anchor Will Butler. He currently has a recurring role on Showtime's series The L Word.

H.R.G., played by Jack Coleman, is a mysterious agent seeking knowledge about the "heroes," regular people who have genetic alterations that give them superpowers. He is the adoptive father of Claire, a teen who has the ability to regenerate herself and is referred to only by his nickname.

Heroes is the highest-rated new show of the 2006-2007 season. The series defended its turf against Fox's hit 24 last night, with an episode that featured the addition of an "invisible man," played by former Doctor Who, Christopher Eccleston.

Best of the Bestastic.... :lol:

e4c592c008a06f9be5d09010.L.jpg

I really lost interest in it tbh. I had the last few episodes on in the background and wasn't really paying attention to them.

I really got into them. Apparently NBC have split the series now so there should be a few more coming out for download over the coming weeks. I think its one of the best things on the tele. Give it a chance again. You never know you might get into it again. :lol:

I really lost interest in it tbh. I had the last few episodes on in the background and wasn't really paying attention to them.

I really got into them. Apparently NBC have split the series now so there should be a few more coming out for download over the coming weeks. I think its one of the best things on the tele. Give it a chance again. You never know you might get into it again. :lol:

The mid season spilt is over, episode 12 was shown on Monday night, along with Prison Break.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd heard about this and saw this thread and saw some trailers on Sci-Fi which perked my interest.

I used to download shed loads of US Tv but have gotten out of the habit in the last couple of years apart from a couple (Earl+Weeds) as I was sick of "investing" in shows which got cancelled. Now by the time they're established I can't find the time to catch up. So I thought I'd see if I could hit this one at the right time.

Anyway I watched the first episode earlier and thought it was excellent - the way I'd read it was that there was one "hero" per week but now I see its a multi-character thing which I prefer.

I'm now getting the next 3 or 4 eps.