Melbourne Cup tomorrow

sammynb

If you're interested Australia's equlivalent of the Grand National is on tomorrow.

Unlike the National which is a steeplechase, the Melbourne Cupis just a galloping race but it is run over 3200m, making it a long race.

So what I hear Gemmill cry, well there is a horse called Geordieland running in it and it is in with a shot.

Just though it may interest the betting few of you on here.

Geordieland i think i might back but i was hoping it would wear black and white stripes but alas it isnt.

I think i might get on Efficient or Zipping.

At work we have a TAB set up and a big screen in our foyer so it is going to be a reasonably good day if all things go to plan!

Geordieland i think i might back but i was hoping it would wear black and white stripes but alas it isnt.

At work we have a TAB set up and a big screen in our foyer so it is going to be a reasonably good day if all things go to plan!

;) Fucking hell, I thought it was funny when I saw that loads of pubs have bookies in them when I was in Oz. That takes the biscuit though.

If you're interested Australia's equlivalent of the Grand National is on tomorrow.

Unlike the National which is a steeplechase, the Melbourne Cupis just a galloping race but it is run over 3200m, making it a long race.

So what I hear Gemmill cry, well there is a horse called Geordieland running in it and it is in with a shot.

Just though it may interest the betting few of you on here.

I thought it was bit bigger than the national TBH

more like CHristmad, New year, The Coronation. Lady Di's funeral and us winning sommat

I can remember a day when a judge in Canberra suspended a trial so everyone could get a bet on and watch the race............................

;) Fucking hell, I thought it was funny when I saw that loads of pubs have bookies in them when I was in Oz. That takes the biscuit though.

It's quality though i mean we have 5,000 tenants in the building and not all can get out and go to the TAB or the pub or anything so why not set it up right at the heart of the building. Fantastic idea!

Jealous, i know you are Alex <_<

Last time i checked just over $500,000 had been bet on the Melbourne Cup in Melbourne alone and now that is up to 1.6 million just on wins alone. A bucket load gets bet on this race within Australia each year. It is quite scary how much money goes on this race.