Christoph Daum

AgentFox

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about this rumour. The Express the tabloid that came out with this rumour is Cologne based. He still has a god-like status in Cologne from his time there (and just down the road at Leverkusen). Cologne are in trouble at the moment and their manager is not safe. I think the tabloid might try to put pressure on the current manager as there are talks about the possibility of Daum returning and they might try to force the board into a decision by using the alleged interest of Newcastle.

Looks like an off-duty SS Officer.

What German doesn't tbh?

I rekon he looks a bit like Chris Martin, but I've had trouble digging up a photo of him with shades on, this was the best I could do.

cmartin.jpg

Now if we can just find a picture of Cristoph Daum with a baby on his head, we're sorted.

He just gets more scary... Sign him up!

daum_spooky.jpg

even the jpeg is called daum_spooky.jpg ;)

German coach Christoph Daum has reportedly emerged as a target for Newcastle United.

The Magpies are having a torrid time domestically and currently sit second from bottom of The Premiership, and despite looking good in Europe through their Uefa Cup campaign, there is major discontent on Tyneside.

Visible unrest was seen after the weekend's capitulation at home to Sheffield United, with fans calling for chairman Freddy Shepherd to step down.

Sources close to Shepherd, though, have been quick to come out and deny that he has any intention of relinquishing control at St James' Park, but the pressure on manager Glenn Roeder remains.

Although injuries have played their part, Newcastle have played well below their best all season and rumours of a replacement for Roeder have been rife for weeks.

Former England coach Sven Goran Eriksson has been strongly linked, but now German sources claim Daum has held talks with The Magpies.

Daum left his role as Fenerbahce coach in the summer and although a controversial figure, still has a good reputation within the game - which is sure to appeal to a number of clubs.

He has now confirmed that he has offers away from Germany, with Newcastle reported to be one of those interested.

"I have two concrete offers from foreign countries. Not from the Bundesliga," he told German daily Express.

Daum, who can boast Arsene Wenger as one of his close friends, has previously admitted he would like the chance to manage in The Premiership.

"Yes, England would interest me," he has said in the past.

It is claimed Daum was approached last month by Newcastle, but it is not confirmed what role they apparently saw him taking - with a possible director of football role also a likely option.

The news of interest in Daum, whether concrete or not, is sure to add to the already mounting pressure on Roeder.

There's no chance of this happening unless he's been approached by our prospective buyers as .com have suggested.

Tbf the fat fuck will have never heard of him!

There is a fair chance he has been approached. Although Isegrim is taking me to task on this as we speak. ;)

http://www.sport1.de/de/sport/artikel_544378.html

Edited by Parky