Watford vs Newcastle

Matty

Talk of top 6 is pure la la land.

We need a new manager and more than two new players.

We're 10 points off 6th place in a shite league. Martin O'Neill, Mark Viduka and someone like Upson and we'd easily challenge top 6. Even under Roeder, with this squad, Bramble can take practically 100% of the blame (on the pitch) for 6 points, and a target man would have given us 3 points against Charlton certainly, and most probably against Sheffield United.

While some of what you say isn't inaccurate...

Could you be more specific about that please, it's pretty much impossible to respond to.

You are correct in saying we are ten points off sixth place :razz:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We not need a fat, disinterested and past it Ozzie who isn't exactlty knocking in the goals this seson for Boro.

Why do we always have to try and go for the obvious targets instead of signing the likes of Ashton when he was at Crewe rather than West Ham when the value has gone up millions?

When did our scouts last spot a good signing not someone touted in the media for millions? N'Zogbia is the last player I can think of.

Krul perhaps?

We're 10 points off 6th place in a shite league. Martin O'Neill, Mark Viduka and someone like Upson and we'd easily challenge top 6. Even under Roeder, with this squad, Bramble can take practically 100% of the blame (on the pitch) for 6 points, and a target man would have given us 3 points against Charlton certainly, and most probably against Sheffield United.

While some of what you say isn't inaccurate...

Could you be more specific about that please, it's pretty much impossible to respond to.

well at least you're not incorrect on that point. :dancing:

But the rest is conjecture and irrelevant!

so you disagree with:

-Bramble cost us 3 points against Bolton.

-Bramble cost us 3 points against Fulham.

-If only we'd had a half decent target man against Charlton, we'd have won the match.

Seriously?

Edited by ObaGol

well at least you're not incorrect on that point. :razz:

But the rest is conjecture and irrelevant!

Conjecture is not irrelevant when arguing the current strength of the squad.

so you disagree with:

-If only we'd had a half decent target man against Charlton, we'd have won the match.

Seriously?

You jammy git, you just changed that in time!

I didn't see the Fulham game so I can't comment (I don't want to take that reputation off Renton :dancing: )

and I would say that Carr was as least as at fault against Bolton.

Martin O'Neill, Mark Viduka and someone like Upson and we'd easily challenge top 6

This is highly questionable though at this stage.

so you disagree with:

Seriously?

I honestly believe you're being a bit harsh on Bramble there actually, especially from what I remember of Bolton, but then my game memory is poor at the best of times. There's no guarantee another centre back would have prevented those losses though, I think it's a bit simplistic to say if we had bought X into the team we would be 8 points better off.

I agree with a decent enough striker we should have beaten Charlton though, that's the area we are critically short in. Decent strikers don't grow on trees though.

Martin O'Neill, Mark Viduka and someone like Upson and we'd easily challenge top 6

Go on.

The Bramble issue is about much more than the individual incidents, he unsettles the whole defence and the whole team when he decides to act the clown, that lost us the points in both matches.

The things is that before we get in some new players we desperately need we will be much more adrift of the top 6 than we already are. I can't see us closing the gap under the current manager and playing staff.

That's a strange response to a post saying we need a change in management and playing staff?

PS Sorry, to answer your first point, the "new manager boost" would see us through to the transfer window.

It's a response in which I state that come January we will be even more adrift from 6th place than 10 points that's why I don't think even with a new manager and new players will be able to change things that much.

Go on.

The Bramble issue is about much more than the individual incidents, he unsettles the whole defence and the whole team when he decides to act the clown, that lost us the points in both matches.

I agree he has cost us and in more games than just those two. But I would say if Carr hadn't fucked up so badly for the first goal we would have comfortably beaten Bolton as they were going nowhere until then.

Was very annoyed my mate and I had to leave the ground before penalties, as we'd fail to catch the last train back (and would end up sleeping rough in London), but we found out soon enough, which was a relief. Should have been easily 4-0 up at half-time, but typically failed to capitalise and ended up playing crap in the second-half. Thanks Scotty for rescuing us at the end. And Harper obviously - Given clone tbh.

I'd have to say for once Duff had a cracking game, but needs to work on hitting the ball more powerfully - also his right-foot looks non-existant.

Was very annoyed my mate and I had to leave the ground before penalties, as we'd fail to catch the last train back (and would end up sleeping rough in London), but we found out soon enough, which was a relief. Should have been easily 4-0 up at half-time, but typically failed to capitalise and ended up playing crap in the second-half. Thanks Scotty for rescuing us at the end. And Harper obviously - Given clone tbh.

I'd have to say for once Duff had a cracking game, but needs to work on hitting the ball more powerfully - also his right-foot looks non-existant.

Should have got yourself a B&B and stayed for the pens! Thats what I did in the end and it turned out to be a good decision, I would have been canny pissed off if we had lost during extra time or on pens. Suppose it depends on your circumstances and I had nothing on today and my train ticket was still valid this morning.

Should have got yourself a B&B and stayed for the pens! Thats what I did in the end and it turned out to be a good decision, I would have been canny pissed off if we had lost during extra time or on pens. Suppose it depends on your circumstances and I had nothing on today and my train ticket was still valid this morning.

Nah mate I had very important business this morning, so going to London probably wasn't a wise idea anyway, as I only got three hours sleep. Couldn't trust the Tube, as it took us near twice the time getting there as it did back. Whereabouts you live anyway?

At least I got Pavel's autograph tbh.

Nah mate I had very important business this morning, so going to London probably wasn't a wise idea anyway, as I only got three hours sleep. Couldn't trust the Tube, as it took us near twice the time getting there as it did back. Whereabouts you live anyway?

In Manchester at the moment and the last train here was at 22.20 and I decided to stay, then had the option of jumping on the bus back to Newcastle with my mates or staying down near Watford, bearing in mind my train ticket was still valid in the morning it made more sense to stay down.I actually rang a mate who lives not far from Watford but he had his sister in law staying over so no space. He did however come and pick me up from Northwood Hills tube station and drove me to a canny little b&b a little bit out in the country and came back and picked me up in the morning and dropped me at the station again. So it wasn't too bad in the end.

Like I said it depends on your circumstances, if had anything on today then I would have had to leave after 90 minutes.

In Manchester at the moment and the last train here was at 22.20 and I decided to stay, then had the option of jumping on the bus back to Newcastle with my mates or staying down near Watford, bearing in mind my train ticket was still valid in the morning it made more sense to stay down.I actually rang a mate who lives not far from Watford but he had his sister in law staying over so no space. He did however come and pick me up from Northwood Hills tube station and drove me to a canny little b&b a little bit out in the country and came back and picked me up in the morning and dropped me at the station again. So it wasn't too bad in the end.

Like I said it depends on your circumstances, if had anything on today then I would have had to leave after 90 minutes.

Fair enough, I live in Kent at the moment, so it wouldn't have been quite so bad. May have still got the last train at midnight, but the Tube is so confusing, and I cannot trust it. Plus we had no clue how to get back from the ground to the station, as we walked up a completelt different route (i.e. the wrong way). Wouldn't have coped without sleep though. Only got three hours last night.

Thouht the ground must be tiny when I saw it from the outside. I'm such an idiot. :dancing::razz:

was on a plane to London about 10 years ago and Pav and his wife were sat a couple of seats in front of me, half way through I got out my chair, apologised for interrupting him when he's with his wife and asked if I could have his autograph. He smiled was nice as pie and agreed. trouble is I only had a pen, and wanted something permanent so the first thing that came to hand was a BA sick bag.

He looked at me liked I'd just rubbed my ballsack on a passing whippet but continued regardless.

To conclude my embarrasment he handed back the bag, nodded and held his wifes hand as my own hand was reaching out for a shake, I was rabbit in the headlights and kept the hand moving, but altered course, into his hair...

My names Dave and I ruffled Pavel Srniceks hair on a flight to London.

:dancing:

I refused to leave the plane until I was sure they'd left. My Dad was pissing himself at me. :razz:

Edited by The Fish