Watford vs Newcastle

Matty

Breaking the penalty hoodoo is the most pleasing aspect of this win. However, I'm not convinced we've turned a corner (as Century have just stated), and at the end of the day I couldn't care less about the league cup. This victory means nothing if we can't transfer the performance to the league and gain some points, starting on Saturday.

Jeez, Renton, I wish I could buy you that beer I owe you right now!

Savour the victory, mate, and leave the rest for another day :D:angry:

My concern for our league status means nothing else really matters to me at the moment. Wish I could feel differently.

Probably too early to say it, but the last thing we need is for cup runs to mask the danger of relegation, and if I have to be the miserable sod on the board to point this out, then so be it. :unsure:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking the penalty hoodoo is the most pleasing aspect of this win. However, I'm not convinced we've turned a corner (as Century have just stated), and at the end of the day I couldn't care less about the league cup. This victory means nothing if we can't transfer the performance to the league and gain some points, starting on Saturday.

My concern for our league status means nothing else really matters to me at the moment. Wish I could feel differently.

Probably too early to say it, but the last thing we need is for cup runs to mask the danger of relegation, and if I have to be the miserable sod on the board to point this out, then so be it. :unsure:

I'm with you, Renton. We beat Portsmouth and got beaten the following weekend in the league. We beat Palerma and got beaten the following weekend. We beat Watford.....

Rentboy's right though, snakeflaps... :unsure:

Snakeflaps??? Bloody snakeflaps??? Seeing how we won tonight, I'll let you off :angry:

Guest Patrokles

I'm glad we won but we're still fucking useless. The euphoria of winning a penalty shootout is subsiding and giving way to the fact that it was only fucking WATFORD. :unsure:

It was a cup game, away, against a very direct side. No matter how bad our league form is, it's still nice to enjoy an exciting game of football we actually won.

Renton, let's be honest, you'd like most here would give their left nut for us to win the league cup.

The way they are playing need to improve regardless of what competition.

Maybe, just maybe the fact they scored the equaliser once they put a bit of heart into it might actually sink in.

League Cup and Relegation or Premier League and knocked out by Chelski next round?

:unsure:

seriously though, We struggled to beat Watford.

Roeder was tactically off the mark again

Poor substitution timing/choices

I'm glad we won, ecstatic we got rid of a hoodoo, but we're still knee deep in Freddy's greasy shit

Sorry :unsure: Like I said, I'm delighted we won tonight but winning the Carling Cup won't make me feel any better if I'm forced to watch my team in the Championship next season.

Sorry :unsure: Like I said, I'm delighted we won tonight but winning the Carling Cup won't make me feel any better if I'm forced to watch my team in the Championship next season.

But we'd still be in Europe if we win the cup and got relegated :D

Don't worry, we won't have any chance of actually winning the carling cup! :D

And its good to see the mackems are as sad a bunch of pricks as ever, over on the SMB they have a FOURTEEN page thread devoted to our match as well as numerous other threads about us and the match, but they're not obsessed like!

Guest Patrokles

Yeah, Zoggy looks in a bit of a sulk, bizarrely.

Wait, I realise now it's probably because he realises that tonight's victory counts for nothing in the context of our poor league form and therefore can't enjoy tonight.

Edited by Patrokles

Tremendous,looks like it'll be 3 minutes of highlights within a 65 minute programme, and two of the twelve penalties taken.

Fixed for you.

Fucking joke.

Edited by nufc4ever

Having got home pissed and seen nothing but the result, I'm quite pleased. If we'd lost it would be an excuse for the naysayers to slag us off. Not losing means the naysayers can write it off as unimportant. Roeder couldn't win tonight really.

Glad to have won in the cup and look forward to Man City with trepadation.

Tremendous,looks like it'll be 3 minutes of highlights within a 65 minute programme, and two of the twelve penalties taken.

Fixed for you.

Fucking joke.

They had time for a quick recap of the Chernobyl disaster, though.

Great result and the manner of the result might make the lads believe they can turn things around which might be as important as anything else in our current situation.

We can hope so bay citeh in the league are a different proposition. They've not lost at home yet and haven't conceded a goal either. Saturday remains a much more important game.

Great result and the manner of the result might make the lads believe they can turn things around which might be as important as anything else in our current situation.

We can hope so bay citeh in the league are a different proposition. They've not lost at home yet and haven't conceded a goal either. Saturday remains a much more important game.

I agree but going into it with a more positive state of mind can only help and let's face it, Citeh aren't exactly Barcelona are they. After all of the understandable hysteria from our recent league run we have to remember that we do actually have some good players still available to us.

Fixed for you.

Fucking joke.

Quoted for truth. Bunch of wankers!

Sky are no fucking better, oooh let's show a ManUre cup game again 'cos their last game against Crewe was so fucking entertaining! ...and then ITV show 25 minutes worth of highlights of the same shite!

Note to you ITV producers: Goals are what make football matches entertaining, 4 league cup games last night, two of them only had one goal scored yet one of those is subject to extended highlights just because it's Man U fucking nited! That's about as ridiculous as putting traffic lights on a roundabout for fucks sake! :unsure: